razor

b...@coolgroups.com

Feb 21, 2008, 11:47:03 PM2/21/08
How many times can you generally reuse a disposable razor for shaving
your face?

Logan Shaw

Feb 22, 2008, 1:53:40 AM2/22/08
b...@coolgroups.com wrote:
> How many times can you generally reuse a disposable razor for shaving
> your face?

Depends on the quality of the disposable razor. (Also depends on the
quality of your face, but although I've been able to test with different
razors, I've only been able to test with one face.)

Personally, I use the Gillette Mach3 razor with disposable blades.
It's not cheap, but it shaves better than the cheaper ones I used
to use. (Bic, I think.) One of those blades will last me about a
week, and each cartridge is about $2 (if you by in packs of 8), so
I'm spending about $2/week.

Of course, if you really want to go for cheap, a straight razor,
a strop, and a hone could be the cheapest long-term solution. You
spend $200 or so right now, and then you're basically set for life.
(But you'll have to put regular work into maintaining the blade.)

- Logan

Zilbandy

Feb 22, 2008, 2:48:15 AM2/22/08
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 00:53:40 -0600, Logan Shaw
<lshaw-...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>if you really want to go for cheap, a straight razor,
>a strop, and a hone could be the cheapest long-term solution. You
>spend $200 or so right now, and then you're basically set for life.

Until you get the hang of it, make sure you stock up on bandaids. :)

--
Zilbandy

m...@privacy.net

Feb 22, 2008, 1:18:03 PM2/22/08
b...@coolgroups.com wrote:

>How many times can you generally reuse a disposable razor for shaving
>your face?

I use my one month at a time...... use Schick Slim
Twins

But I shave in the shower exclusively..... so the
shower makes my face very tender and probably makes the
shavers last longer