My Sneakers Stink SO Bad NOw. Tried everything, and too comfy to throw away

Pauly

Mar 17, 2008, 11:40:43 AM3/17/08
I have these Puma Basket sneakers that are five years old, and I
always wear them without socks (I hate wearing socks) and for the past
2 years, they really began to smell very bad, and smell up the whole
house. I tried everything such as rotating my sneakers, putting
deodorant on my feet, spraying foot odor spray in my sneakers and
letting the spray take care of the odor, I even tried setting them
outside in the cold air, and letting them air out for the night. BUt
every time I take them off my feet they smell very bad. I do not want
to throw these sneakers away or get rid of them because they are so
comfortable, but is there any remedies to get rid of the odor, or
should I throw these sneakers away, which I hate to do.

These sneakers has canvas insoles, and the sneakers are still in good
shape; therefore I do not want to throw these away. THey ksut smell
bad. ANy Ideas?

Al Bundy

Mar 18, 2008, 5:10:10 PM3/18/08

I suspect you will have to put up with it or try different sneakers.
One thing I have noticed is that certain material seems to breed the
bacteria and mold that causes a stink. Other material can be used over
and over again without smelling. Sorry that I don't know the chemistry
involved enough to select the right one. I never have a problem with
stinky shoes. That may be because I buy quality apparel and wear them
out within a few months. You may be wearing a cheap pair of Chinese
fake shoes made with questionable material. How somebody can wear a
pair of shoes for five years is quite amazing unless they are
infrequently used.
Try washing those shoes and include some bleach in the wash water.