The Dual-Flush toilet arrives.

A Veteran

Oct 30, 2007, 4:38:39 PM10/30/07
one flush for #1 and a grander effort to flush #2's
but Home depot doesn't have them. where ?

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
All problems look like nails.

George

Oct 30, 2007, 5:08:26 PM10/30/07
A Veteran wrote:
> one flush for #1 and a grander effort to flush #2's
> but Home depot doesn't have them. where ?

Real plumbing supply house maybe? We got ours maybe 10 years ago at a
local place.

Al Bundy

Oct 30, 2007, 5:03:52 PM10/30/07

A Veteran wrote:
> one flush for #1 and a grander effort to flush #2's
> but Home depot doesn't have them. where ?

Just make sure it's a ferguson boy. Now that's a man's flush!!!!!!!

Paul E Wog

Oct 31, 2007, 6:09:05 AM10/31/07
I just installed one of these for a customer as part of a bathroom
renovation. Sterling, owned by Kohler, has two models:

The Rockton:
http://www.sterlingplumbing.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?rescom=professional&item=4307103&prod_num=402024

And the more expensive Karsten:
http://www.sterlingplumbing.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?rescom=professional&item=4387003&prod_num=402025

You will probably have to special order them; I got a Rockton in 3 days
through Lowes for about $235 plus tax. We got a standard round front,
but I believe elongated is also available.

They are kind of odd looking, with very small tanks and a large gap
between seat and tank. The flush mechanism is on the top of the tank,
with a large half-moon button for the full flush and a smaller one for
the .8 flush. Both flushes have quite a bit of power and it doesn't
appear the big flush would have any trouble getting things down. I'm
not 100% certain the low flush will get everything out, but if not it
really dilutes it. The "drop zone" is reasonably large, with a
reasonably large amount of water; not nearly as bad as some of the
original low flush toilets, but not quite as much of a pool as a
standard toilet.

Hope that helps.

Alan Parkington

Nov 2, 2007, 7:40:09 PM11/2/07

"A Veteran" <geo...@humboldt1.com> wrote in message

> one flush for #1 and a grander effort to flush #2's
> but Home depot doesn't have them. where ?

Dude they have had these in other countries like Australia for over 20
years.

This is part of the reason that so much of the world sees the US as a
wasteful society, consuming vast amounts of natural resources.

joe...@shaw.ca

Nov 8, 2007, 2:52:06 AM11/8/07
On Nov 2, 3:40 pm, "Alan Parkington" <alanparking...@team.telstra.com>
wrote:
> "A Veteran" <geor...@humboldt1.com> wrote in message

These guys do in-home Dual Flush toilet Conversions and they do an
awesome job for only $75.oo ,just pay and save , theres no good
reason to single flush anymore .
www.dualflush.ca