lowered my elec. bl. by 20 bucks

val189

Sep 4, 2008, 8:16:13 AM9/4/08
My power co. offered a deal - 'let us turn off your a/c and water
heater for (a short time so many times a month) and get a lower
rate." I don't recall the specifics on money or time, but my Aug bl
came in 20 bucks lower than my July bl. and we certainly did not have
a cool day here in FL in that time frame. No other changes that I can
recall in that billing period. Never noticed a change either in the a/
c or hot water temp. They DO have to install a device in your house,
but heck - it's worth it. No charge for installation of said device
either.

If your elec. co. offers any kind of deal like this, go for it.

Al Bundy

Sep 5, 2008, 5:46:24 PM9/5/08

Certainly nothing wrong with a good reminder, but interruptible
service has been around for many years. Hope you have not been paying
the full rate all this time. Many people probably don't bother because
of the need for the extra metering, but it's very cost effective as
you state.

val189

Sep 5, 2008, 7:21:52 PM9/5/08

This is a recent offering. THey only thing they installed was a
device near the water heater high on the adjacent wall. He installed
it in ten minutes.