No THIS IS NOT SPAM: How Do I Spend This $50?

mavigozler

Apr 6, 2008, 5:48:58 PM4/6/08

I posted this earlier, and got no response. I then figured out that the
Subject header made the post look like spam. So now I have re-titled the
post and am using another nym (for those who instantly killfiled the
other).

====

I was given a $50 gift card as a promotion.

I want to put it toward purchase of a some wireless/cable-less device that
will talk with my computer.

I was thinking of some ear/headphones that allow me to walk around in the
workplace without having my laptop speakers disturb others with the music
or political talk radio that streams in on the Net.

Or maybe there's something more sensible (?), like a Bluetooth mouse (I
don't use the touchpad since it gets greasy from my finger oil too
quickly).

Then again, I suppose a BT speaker system with good wattage, because
sometimes I got a DVD running on my laptop (the vid output on its 17-inch
UltraBright screen) and the speakers are elsewhere and fill the room.

Please help me out for a gift idea for myself.

Anthony Matonak

Apr 6, 2008, 6:40:47 PM4/6/08
mavigozler wrote:

> Please help me out for a gift idea for myself.

Gifts are highly personal. Asking strangers on the
street for a gift idea is as pointless as asking
them to pick your spouse, pet or the color of your
underwear. The answers you get won't have much of
anything to do with you and everything with the
person you ask.

Some various answers...
I know what to do with $50. Send it to me.
Give it to a charity.
This is a professional export company...

Anthony

hchi...@hotmail.com

Apr 6, 2008, 8:29:36 PM4/6/08
On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 21:48:58 GMT, mavigozler <mavig...@turkiye.gov>
wrote:

>I posted this earlier, and got no response. I then figured out that the
>Subject header made the post look like spam. So now I have re-titled the
>post and am using another nym (for those who instantly killfiled the
>other).
>
>====
>
>I was given a $50 gift card as a promotion.
>

>I want to put it toward purchase of a some...

>Please help me out for a gift idea for myself.

Get rid of it and give it to a friend. Seriously.

Promotions and lotteries that you never enter, but are "qualified for"
contain a particular type of energy. The promoter wants YOUR
business, or wants to minimally reward customers or contributors. To
put it crassly, it is a nicely intended offer of a $5 blow-job.

Recognizing that there is no free lunch, and that there is an intended
cause and effect that seriously undervalues you, it is best to roll
the "reward" away from you with no energy attached.

If a friend can use it, and it seems to fit something they might
enjoy, great. If you don't have friends, or it doesn't fit, then
donate it to charity, but don't buy into it in any way. I do this,
and one recent case was strikingly close to yours. I gave it away,
and had this post not come up, I doubt I would have even recalled it.
I have no idea if the promo was used, and it makes no difference to me
one way or the other. My relationship with the promoter is unsullied
and I continue to be who I am. If it created joy, great. If it was
tossed, that is fine too.

Yeah, I know, I have a warped sense of values compared to most
americans. Big deal. Ask one to describe the importance of the
Federalist papers or to list any three of the the Bill of Rights, then
ask them who the last american idol was. You'll (hopefully) see why I
don't care.

Message has been deleted

Stormin Mormon

Apr 7, 2008, 6:39:32 PM4/7/08
Damn, that's good.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Anthony Matonak" <antho...@nothing.like.socal.rr.com> wrote in message

Shawn Hirn

Apr 8, 2008, 9:49:53 PM4/8/08
In article <Xns9A7896B...@207.115.17.102>,
mavigozler <mavig...@turkiye.gov> wrote:

Its up to you. Why don't you stop by your favorite electronics store and
see what catches your interest? If I had a $50 gift card now, I would
probably use it to buy a new battery for the camera I have on order.