Why most small businesses fail

Cheapo Groovo

Jan 11, 2008, 4:19:28 PM1/11/08
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, only 44 percent of new
establishments were still in existence 4 years after their birth!!!!

Why do most business fail?

· Business idea was too hard for customers to understand or no
demand

· Didn't have enough capital to start or grow the business

· Could not do the detailed work - accounting, inventory management,
site location, marketing, etc. so their business partners/consultants
ate up their bank account

· Competing in an oilgopolistic market gave then no chance for
success

· Sold on bad business ideas - like the real estate infomercial
showing a Vietnamese gentleman with two gorgeous blondes at his side.

Solution: Start a business with built in downside controls. This is what
practical entrepreneurship is all about. That is the theory behind
Thriving in a Global Economy - diversify your revenue streams, spend the
most time on marketing, get paid in cash where you can, and set
realistic goals!

I deliver Thriving in a Global Economy as a downloadable screencast for
a tip of $3!

Order today and stop giving yourself false dreams!

www.cheapogroovo.com

Rod Speed

Jan 11, 2008, 4:41:36 PM1/11/08
Cheapo Groovo <cc...@nospam.com> wrote:

> According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, only 44 percent of
> new establishments were still in existence 4 years after their birth!!!!

That doesnt mean that most small businesses fail!!!!!!

> Why do most business fail?

Because they arent viable.

> · Business idea was too hard for customers to understand

Fuck all fail for that reason.

> or no demand

Not enough demand, actually.

> · Didn't have enough capital to start or grow the business

That isnt the case with most of them.

> · Could not do the detailed work - accounting, inventory
> management, site location, marketing, etc. so their
> business partners/consultants ate up their bank account

Or the operation didnt generate enough income to cover those.

> · Competing in an oilgopolistic market gave then no chance for success

You wouldnt know what a real oligopoly was if one bit you on your lard arse.

> · Sold on bad business ideas - like the real estate infomercial showing
> a Vietnamese gentleman with two gorgeous blondes at his side.

That aint why they fail either.

> Solution: Start a business with built in downside controls.

Easy to say, hell of a lot harder to actually do that.

> This is what practical entrepreneurship is all about.

Nope.

> That is the theory behind Thriving in a Global Economy

Nope.

> - diversify your revenue streams, spend the most time on marketing,
> get paid in cash where you can, and set realistic goals!

Stop being stupid enough to believe that mindless slogans are what its about.

> I deliver Thriving in a Global Economy as a downloadable screencast for a tip of $3!

That shit isnt even worth $3.

> Order today and stop giving yourself false dreams!

Go and fuck yourself.

John Weiss

Jan 11, 2008, 7:16:55 PM1/11/08
"Cheapo Groovo" <cc...@nospam.com> wrote...

> According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, only 44 percent of new
> establishments were still in existence 4 years after their birth!!!!

The statistic I remember from the mid-80s is 15% after 5 years. Either they're
improving, or the 5th year is hell!

> I deliver Thriving in a Global Economy as a downloadable screencast for a tip
> of $3!

OTOH, get-rich-quick schemes didn't migrate to the web until the 90s. Still, I
don't think scams are included in the govt stats...

Bill

Jan 12, 2008, 1:17:00 PM1/12/08
I see a lot of "mom and pop" food related businesses open in my area which
fail because the owners think only of what *they* want and not what their
customers want.

Then NEVER ask their customers what they want, would like to see offered,
etc.

This is simple. Just ask each customer for feedback. What do you like, don't
like, etc. What can we do to get you to come back more often?

Then do it if reasonable and can be done.