Antivirus software

aest...@hotmail.com

Oct 12, 2007, 11:20:57 PM10/12/07
Are there any free sources?

Rod Speed

Oct 12, 2007, 11:29:56 PM10/12/07
aest...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Are there any free sources?

Yep, AVG still has a free version.
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/help/us/

ChairMan

Oct 13, 2007, 12:24:55 AM10/13/07

Jeff

Oct 13, 2007, 1:46:57 AM10/13/07
aest...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Are there any free sources?

Grisoft has long had a free version of AVG which I'm running.

http://www.grisoft.com/

I'm not sure where the free version is though...

I haven't seen a virus in years though. I think it is much better to
have a firwall (get the free ZoneLab) and a mail server that has a good
filter. All the really nasty stuff an anti virus program will miss, but
the firewall will catch it.

Jeff

Jeff

Oct 13, 2007, 1:49:04 AM10/13/07

aest...@hotmail.com

Oct 13, 2007, 5:37:24 AM10/13/07
On Oct 12, 7:49 pm, Jeff <dont_bug...@all.uk> wrote:

Thanks to everyone for your quick and informative replies.

Parallax

Oct 13, 2007, 11:18:51 AM10/13/07
Jeff wrote:
> aest...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> Are there any free sources?
>>
> Grisoft has long had a free version of AVG which I'm running.
>
> http://www.grisoft.com/
>
> I'm not sure where the free version is though...

That would be
http://free.grisoft.com/

--

Replace '???????' with 'hotmail' to e-mail me.