Frugal luxuries that you treat yourself to

William Souden

Jul 16, 2007, 6:22:51 PM7/16/07
Two things for my self. The cost of the first is almost
infinitesimal. I use a fresh towel each day when I shower . If I go out
in the evening I use two towels that day.

When I am having a bad week I go to the local butcher and treat myself
to a nice T-bone, always well under $10.

Usene...@the-domain-in.sig

Jul 23, 2007, 7:30:50 PM7/23/07
In article <%cSmi.22234$RX.1...@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net>,
sou...@nospam.com says...

> Two things for my self. The cost of the first is almost
> infinitesimal. I use a fresh towel each day when I shower . If I go out
> in the evening I use two towels that day.

I do that with pillow cases.

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/

Dennis

Jul 24, 2007, 11:09:38 AM7/24/07
On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:30:50 -0700, Usene...@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG
<Usene...@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG> wrote:

>In article <%cSmi.22234$RX.1...@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net>,
>sou...@nospam.com says...
>> Two things for my self. The cost of the first is almost
>> infinitesimal. I use a fresh towel each day when I shower . If I go out
>> in the evening I use two towels that day.
>

>I do that with pillow cases.

Do they get you as dry as a towel?

Dennis (evil)

hchi...@hotmail.com

Jul 24, 2007, 12:09:02 PM7/24/07
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:22:51 GMT, William Souden <sou...@nospam.com>
wrote:

> When I am having a bad week I go to the local butcher and treat myself
>to a nice T-bone, always well under $10.

Underdog, is that you?

hchi...@hotmail.com

Jul 24, 2007, 12:09:58 PM7/24/07
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:09:38 -0700, Dennis <dg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:30:50 -0700, Usene...@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG
><Usene...@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG> wrote:
>
>>In article <%cSmi.22234$RX.1...@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net>,
>>sou...@nospam.com says...
>>> Two things for my self. The cost of the first is almost
>>> infinitesimal. I use a fresh towel each day when I shower . If I go out
>>> in the evening I use two towels that day.
>>

>>I do that with pillow cases.
>
>Do they get you as dry as a towel?
>
>Dennis (evil)

I thought they were wearing them.

Seerialmom

Jul 24, 2007, 12:38:41 PM7/24/07

Isn't "frugal luxury" an oxymoron?

But if you want to know about non-frugal treats that I partake in
(after being frugally hypervigilant) in, here's my "go-to's":

Turtles...not the aquatic kind but the chocolate/caramel/pecan
convection featured on "Everybody Hates Chris". Usually able to snag
these for a good price after a holiday (Christmas and Valentines day
mostly).

AYCE Chinese buffet for Sunday lunch while out and about.

I have been known to buy the latest gadget just because it's too cool
to pass up....but it's infrequent. Example: Go-Video VCR/DVR combo
when it first came out. Loved the fact it took up the space of a
VCR. Didn't love the fact that I never had a DVR before so though the
skipping I had with it was due to "rental disks". Got it fixed one
month before warranty was up. The other non-frugal but worth it buy
was the Dyson when it first came out here.

George

Jul 24, 2007, 5:52:48 PM7/24/07
Seerialmom wrote:
> On Jul 16, 3:22 pm, William Souden <sou...@nospam.com> wrote:
>> Two things for my self. The cost of the first is almost
>> infinitesimal. I use a fresh towel each day when I shower . If I go out
>> in the evening I use two towels that day.
>>
>> When I am having a bad week I go to the local butcher and treat myself
>> to a nice T-bone, always well under $10.
>
> Isn't "frugal luxury" an oxymoron?

No, Some people confuse frugal with cheapness but it isn't that at all.