Deck Oil Recipe?

terryc

Aug 23, 2008, 2:04:42 AM8/23/08
Does anyone have a recipe for home made deck oil?

It is approaching $100/4L here and I'm in need of some.

mel...@my-deja.com

Aug 24, 2008, 10:13:03 PM8/24/08
On Aug 23, 12:04 am, terryc <newssixspam-s...@woa.com.au> wrote:
> Does anyone have a recipe for home made deck oil?
>
> It is approaching $100/4L here and I'm in need of some.

You mean like cooking corn oil VS what brand of $100/4L again? And
this is for your ship's deck?

Instead of oil, I thought we were supposed to use Thompson water
repellent on back yard decks...

Unless you meant an oil finish like boiled linseed oil? Or maybe a
Finnish Tung oil, no wonder the price is so high.

Aug 25, 2008, 6:23:27 AM8/25/08

<mel...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

We use Shaker milk paint for the deck. Cheaper than any "real" stain/paint
and lasts forever. Just google for recipes.