Aldi's grocery store: All high carb foods?!

m...@privacy.net

Oct 11, 2007, 11:27:27 AM10/11/07
We have a local Aldi grocery store that everyone raves
abt low prices

So I went there last night and looked around. It
seemed to me that all of this low priced food was VERY
high in carbs and sugar. many factory made things.

Anyone else have this same feeling abt Aldi's? Maybe
its just me or something.

Zuke

Oct 11, 2007, 1:08:02 PM10/11/07

Every Aldi's I have been in have a produce section so I'd
say "NO". If people want to eat the high carb and sugar
stuff who is to say they shouldn't.

I'm of the opinion is that it is not what you eat but how
much of it.

Bob Young

Oct 11, 2007, 1:17:02 PM10/11/07

---------

Aldi is no different from any other store. Not sure what products you
were looking at, but I just get staples. They have some fresh produce.
I usually just get peppers, potatoes and onions. I get their eggs,
bacon, cheese and their packaged ground beef.

They sort of have the reverse store arrangment of other stores.
The very first aisle is loaded with snack food, junk food, stuff none of
us 'really' need. I don't look twice at that.

If you are on some special diet, it might be the wrong store for
you, because there are no choices. You want a can of corn, there is
only their brand. Most of us load up with their canned goods. You can't
beat the prices.

You want healthy food...no matter where you go, you have to
read the labels. All I can tell you is that Aldi cut my grocery budget
in half.

Chloe

Oct 11, 2007, 2:39:20 PM10/11/07
<m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

Fresh produce, dairy products, canned vegetables, fruits and cupboard
staples, fresh and frozen meats...sorry, but it's just you. You might do
better if you went in with a list of basic foods you use, look to see if
Aldi carries them, and compare ounce-for-ounce pricing. I can tell you I've
never had to use their quality guarantee: I've never bought anything there I
was dissatisfied with.

barbie gee

Oct 11, 2007, 2:43:58 PM10/11/07

you have to read the labels, but I do that at "regular" grocery stores, as
well. Once you know the product line, it's not that hard to shop well and
nutritiously there.

George

Oct 11, 2007, 3:57:47 PM10/11/07

Actually its no different than any other store. They have the junk food
arranged to get your attention when you first enter but have real food
in the store.

The only disappointing thing about them is that the local ones put in
meat cases and now carry the Walmart style embalmed "fresh" meat.