Weather, west of the Chickpea...

Gary Heston

May 10, 2008, 12:09:47 AM5/10/08
This is a video of a tornado that passed near myself and the Chickpeas...

http://www.whnt.com/Global/category.asp?C=6019&nav=menu108_2

One of the local meterologists rated it as one of the top five tornado
videos he'd seen.

Gary

--
Gary Heston ghe...@hiwaay.net http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
"a member or members of Osama bin Ladens' Al Qaeda network, posing as

hchi...@hotmail.com

May 10, 2008, 1:34:03 AM5/10/08
On Fri, 09 May 2008 23:09:47 -0500, ghe...@hiwaay.net (Gary Heston)
wrote:

>This is a video of a tornado that passed near myself and the Chickpeas...
>
> http://www.whnt.com/Global/category.asp?C=6019&nav=menu108_2
>
>One of the local meterologists rated it as one of the top five tornado
>videos he'd seen.
>

>Gary

Greeetings, sir. Hope that Saturday doesn't have a repeat
performance.

What I found interesting about the video is the lack of debris
impacts. The aerodynamics of the cars were a major factor in how they
reacted. Sobering footage. Even national news picked it up.
Guess I might toss a door on our old storm shelter sometime. The
sirens were going off a couple of times when that last storm passed.

With any luck, the next storm will be more like WHNT reported last
time, when Dan was warning folks to stay away from the windows at the
station due to an ominous rotation return on the radar as it
approached the newsroom, and the wind outside the station topped out
at 2 mph as it passed overhead.

Keeping it frugal, replaced the motor on my rider mower a second time.
Used motors are $100, and any country boy needs to know how to replace
such items.

Gary Heston

May 10, 2008, 9:46:48 PM5/10/08
In article <g7ca24p6dqci6l8bq...@4ax.com>,

<hchi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Fri, 09 May 2008 23:09:47 -0500, ghe...@hiwaay.net (Gary Heston)
>wrote:

>>This is a video of a tornado that passed near myself and the Chickpeas...

>> http://www.whnt.com/Global/category.asp?C=6019&nav=menu108_2
[ ... ]

>Greeetings, sir. Hope that Saturday doesn't have a repeat
>performance.

Agreed. I'm keeping an eye on the radar this evening.

>What I found interesting about the video is the lack of debris
>impacts.

It looked like the tornado was following the road; not much loose stuff
to pick up, and it was too fast and too weak to rip up the asphalt (a
F5 tornado hit Huntsville in November 1989; it did rip up several square
yards of pavement).

> The aerodynamics of the cars were a major factor in how they
>reacted. Sobering footage. Even national news picked it up.
>Guess I might toss a door on our old storm shelter sometime. The
>sirens were going off a couple of times when that last storm passed.

We had to head for the basement Thursday or Friday afternoon at work;
radar indicated a possible tornado coming within 1/2 mile of us; it
was apparently not on the ground, though.

>With any luck, the next storm will be more like WHNT reported last
>time, when Dan was warning folks to stay away from the windows at the
>station due to an ominous rotation return on the radar as it
>approached the newsroom, and the wind outside the station topped out
>at 2 mph as it passed overhead.

Better safe...

>Keeping it frugal, replaced the motor on my rider mower a second time.
>Used motors are $100, and any country boy needs to know how to replace
>such items.

Bought some new lawn equipment Friday; a string trimmer with a detachable
head, and two attachments--hedge trimmer and pole saw. All three had been
marked down about 20%, and I'm getting a 20% rebate on top of that.