The Role of Women

whitney reeves

Sep 3, 2007, 5:22:57 AM9/3/07
(by Crystal Paine)
I've had so many thoughts swirling around in my head from the
which I have said earlier in other posts, but maybe it needs to be
reiterated.
I think we would all agree that there are definitely times when a
woman can teach. As we have recently talked on here, there is a huge
need for older women to teach the younger women. That is their
Biblical role. I also believe that women are called to teach their
children (I am not referring to homeschooling in particular here.) as
the Bible has called parents to train and raise children together. The
father is the head of the home, but the mother is definitely a co-
laborer with her husband in this regard. Children are to obey and
honor both father and mother.
We can spend all day trying to come up with examples of Biblical women
who were in "leadership" positions, but we need to look deeper to the
Biblical principles.
1 Tim 2:11-14 "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But
I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man,
but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam
was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the
transgression."
Adam was created first, then Eve. Eve was taken from Adam as a sign
that she was not an independent being. Eve was deceived and she
sinned, yet Adam was punished, too. Why? Because Adam was Eve's
authority and therefore responsible for her. If God had created Eve as
an independent being, wouldn't He have just punished her by herself?
This principle was laid down since the beginning of time and it holds
true today. Man was created to be the head of the woman. Woman was
created to be the helper to man. Man is under God, woman is under man.
So much of the time, we try to fit the Bible into our own mold of
thinking. We try to justify our beliefs by trying to come up with some
verse which might support our view. As I've said so many times,
though, we have to take the Bible as a whole. Either we believe it as
a whole, or we might as well not believe it at all.
http://cpaine.00server.com/wm.htm

Don

Sep 3, 2007, 12:11:14 PM9/3/07
"whitney reeves"> wrote

> Man was created to be the head of the woman.

Is that just another way of saying, Woman was created to give head to a man?