Costco wholesale club product price comparison and pictures.

Paul Michaels

Jul 16, 2008, 11:12:42 PM7/16/08
After my last trip to the Costco wholesale membership warehouse, I
snapped some pictures of all the products. Then I got out my
supermarket receipts and did some price comparisons.

Some things were 1/2 or less than half the price of the same or
similar items at the supermarket like rice, canned tomatoes, bananas
and milk.

I think the only thing that was more expensive at Costco were the eggs
which are 17 cents each at Costco and only 14 cents at the
supermarket.

If you're interested, I put the pictures of the items with all the
prices in this gallery.
http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Costco-Wholesale-Club-Product-Prices/index.html

I spent over $200 on this trip but many of the items will last us for
at least a few months. It sucks having to bag and find storage room
for a lot of the things we bought but the savings are worth it.

__
Cheers,
Paul Michaels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

George

Jul 17, 2008, 9:28:18 AM7/17/08

We don't bother with such places. At least in our area big box hasn't
completely taken over everything. We buy most of our stuff at a local
family owned market that started out as an Italian market. They have
great prices and good quality and you don't need to buy industrial sized
packages. Lots of folks ignore the idea that there may be someplace like
that in their area and surprisingly people turn their nose up when I
mention it because if it doesn't have magical big box branding telling
them how wonderful it is they think it can't be good.

Dave

Jul 17, 2008, 1:46:57 PM7/17/08
On Jul 16, 8:12 pm, Paul Michaels <PaulMichaels7...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After my last trip to the Costco wholesale membership warehouse, I
> snapped some pictures of all the products. Then I got out my
> supermarket receipts and did some price comparisons.
>
> Some things were 1/2 or less than half the price of the same or
> similar items at the supermarket like rice, canned tomatoes, bananas
> and milk.
>
> I think the only thing that was more expensive at Costco were the eggs
> which are 17 cents each at Costco and only 14 cents at the
> supermarket.
>
> If you're interested, I put the pictures of the items with all the
> prices in this gallery.http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Costco-Wholesale-Club-Product-Pric...

> I spent over $200 on this trip but many of the items will last us for
> at least a few months. It sucks having to bag and find storage room
> for a lot of the things we bought but the savings are worth it.
>
> __
> Cheers,
> Paul Michaels
> Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Paul,

Thanks for posting this. I found it interesting, although it would be
nice (but probably a big job) to see regular grocery store prices (or
George's corner market prices) next to the photos so you can actually
see that there is some savings.

Thanks,

Dave

George

Jul 17, 2008, 5:59:56 PM7/17/08

It actually grew into a full size market. They have 6 slicing stations
at the deli, have on site butchering and smoke meats (in a real smoker)
on site.