Hand wash???

hchi...@hotmail.com

Aug 6, 2007, 11:41:18 PM8/6/07
We grabbed some new dishtowels from Kmart on a recent shopping trip,
Martha Stewfart approved if that matters. Washed them and they came
out incredibly wrinkled. Looked on the label... Made in India, 100%
cotton. HAND WASH in cold water. Right, we'll get mammy to do that
next time. WTF??? HAND WASH dish towels??? Gee, what next, ironing
paper towels before use?

Anthony Matonak

Aug 7, 2007, 12:19:39 AM8/7/07

It's that 100% cotton that is the wrinkle magnet. I don't know about
hand washing them but you probably want to line dry and iron. :)

Anthony

Chloe

Aug 7, 2007, 6:08:38 AM8/7/07
"Anthony Matonak" <antho...@nothing.like.socal.rr.com> wrote in message

Or, less hassle but still a minor annoyance, remove them from the dryer when
they're still slightly damp and smooth the wrinkles out. Personally I'd just
take them back to Kmart. They're pretty good about accepting returns.

DH went on a spree a while back buying those white terrycloth shop towels.
We use them in the kitchen now as hand towels and they work well as dish
towels, too.

Ward Abbott

Aug 7, 2007, 7:42:12 AM8/7/07
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 23:41:18 -0400, hchi...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Right, we'll get mammy to do that
>next time. WTF??? HAND WASH dish towels???

I READ the labels on any article before buying. What would you
think if the label said DRYCLEAN ONLY?

barbie gee

Aug 7, 2007, 11:01:18 AM8/7/07

well, actually, I bet if you just pressed them after machine washing,
they'd look beautiful!

(Martha is kinda crazy...)

Ms P

Aug 7, 2007, 12:19:27 PM8/7/07

<hchi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Are the wrinkles going to affect their preformance? Can you dry dishes with
wrinkled towels?

Ms P

Rick

Aug 7, 2007, 1:37:28 PM8/7/07

It could also be how the cotton is finished. We have 100% cotton sheets
that come out of the dryer in reasonable condition. Then we have other
100% cotton sheets that just wad up into a wrinkled ball of fabric in
the dryer. Short of ironing them - like that's gonna happen - those
particular sheets always look like hell. Impossible to fold.

I would do what other's have suggested - take them back. That's just
silly.

Rick

Binyamin Dissen

Aug 7, 2007, 2:26:47 PM8/7/07
On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:19:27 -0500 "Ms P" <ms_pe...@wbsnet.org> wrote:

:><hchi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I don't get it either.

Who cares if a towel is wrinkled?

--
Binyamin Dissen <bdi...@dissensoftware.com>
http://www.dissensoftware.com

motha! that's moi

Aug 8, 2007, 6:15:26 PM8/8/07
barbie gee <barbi...@NOSESPAMgmail.com> in

and depending on the colors, lay rose petals or lavender tips between each towel (no,
do we call them "towels" oüg, how Gauche)

> (Martha is kinda crazy...)

Chois...@search.aol.com

Aug 8, 2007, 6:19:00 PM8/8/07
Binyamin Dissen <post...@dissensoftware.com> in

> On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:19:27 -0500 "Ms P" <ms_pe...@wbsnet.org> wrote:
>
>:><hchi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

snip

>:>Are the wrinkles going to affect their preformance? Can you dry dishes with
>:>wrinkled towels?
>
> I don't get it either.
>
> Who cares if a towel is wrinkled?

yeah, these are new towels. just wait a few days and they'll smooth out, their eyes
will open, and they'll be suckling madly like any normal thirsty towelette.

Lou

Aug 8, 2007, 8:04:54 PM8/8/07

<hchi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Cotton wrinkles. It's a dish towel, who (besides you, I mean) cares if it's
wrinkled or not? I'll bet they dry the dishes about the same either way.

teleflora

Aug 19, 2007, 9:00:55 PM8/19/07

"Chloe" <just...@spam.com> wrote in message

> DH went on a spree a while back buying those white terrycloth shop towels.
> We use them in the kitchen now as hand towels and they work well as dish
> towels, too.

Bar rags. White terry cloth. Cost about $3 for 12 of them. They are the
best. Bleach them, then throw them away when they get holey.

Cindy