Citizens Bank giving misleading checking balances, causing overdrafts

seeker

Jun 13, 2008, 10:48:38 AM6/13/08
I know several people who have called their 800 number and not had
included in the balance pending transactions, causing them to revise
their check registers with faulty balances. The bank has assessed huge
overdraft fees and even reported them to NCPS and others. Someone i
know complained about the fees and had their account reviewed and
perks assigned to the account cancelled at the initiation of the bank
itself.

Chloe

Jun 13, 2008, 7:21:46 PM6/13/08
"seeker" <mothman...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Am I missing something here? It's incredibly easy to keep track of one's day
to day charges right at the time they're made, either by entering them in a
program like Money, or onto an Excel spreadsheet, or simply in an
old-fashioned check register. I guess if you carry a balance and are having
interest computed daily, you might have to estimate that, but even that
shouldn't be an insurmountable problem.

Since when did it become the bank's responsibility to make sure you didn't
exceed the limit they authorized AND THAT YOU AGREED TO via your use of the
card?

George Grapman

Jun 13, 2008, 9:35:59 PM6/13/08
I get the feeling that the poster would have complained had the bank
used the other option-declining the transaction.
Message has been deleted