How do you save money, I started with INK for my printer

http://theeliteconnoisseurs.blogspot.com/

Jul 29, 2008, 11:52:26 AM7/29/08
Funny thing is, I never would have thought about this before. I go to
garage sales and Goodwills, and they will be selling ink cartridges
any type any brand as long as they have the colors I need, they sell
for about 25-.99c. I made my own recyclable ink kit and I Just take
the ink from the cartridge and put in my cartridges. Recycled
cartridges for my printer cost 10.00 or 15.00 ea brand new, I need
four. Works like A charm and I save a bundle. At first it was so
messy, but then I got the hang of it. If I can find a few cheap on
ebay, I snatch them up. Care to share anymore money saving tips!

Dave

Jul 29, 2008, 2:46:13 PM7/29/08

"http://theeliteconnoisseurs.blogspot.com/" <onceupon...@inbox.com>
wrote in message

Get yourself a cheap laser printer. We bought one roughly 5 years ago. We
haven't replaced the ink cartridge yet. Use it daily. I don't care how
cheaply you think you can refill your inkjet cartridges, you are not going
to beat 5 years between refills! -Dave

Al Bundy

Jul 31, 2008, 7:39:33 PM7/31/08

I challenge your assumptions Dave, at least in my case. A decent color
laser printer in not cheap. I have half a dozen ink jets that were
casts offs from friends or curb finds. I bought a huge supply of ink
at $1/oz that will last me for years. There is a learning curve with
ink refilling. I have it down to just a few minutes and little mess.
True, I can't go five years between fills, but I also have the
reliability of redundant printers. When you absolutely positively have
to get something done, one printer or one computer is a scary thought
indeed.

Dave

Aug 1, 2008, 5:30:59 PM8/1/08

> > Get yourself a cheap laser printer. We bought one roughly 5 years ago.
We
> > haven't replaced the ink cartridge yet. Use it daily. I don't care how
> > cheaply you think you can refill your inkjet cartridges, you are not
going
> > to beat 5 years between refills! -Dave
>
> I challenge your assumptions Dave, at least in my case. A decent color
> laser printer in not cheap. I have half a dozen ink jets that were
> casts offs from friends or curb finds. I bought a huge supply of ink
> at $1/oz that will last me for years. There is a learning curve with
> ink refilling. I have it down to just a few minutes and little mess.
> True, I can't go five years between fills, but I also have the
> reliability of redundant printers. When you absolutely positively have
> to get something done, one printer or one computer is a scary thought
> indeed.

Who said anything about one printer? We've got a Samsung monochrome laser
and an HP inkjet photo-quality color printer. We use the Samsung daily,
hardly ever turn on the HP. The amazing thing is that the HP still has the
original cartridges in it, and that the ink hasn't dried out. Both are 5
years old roughly, we bought the HP just after the Samsung. We wanted the
ability to print in color sometimes, but we hardly ever do. -Dave