REPAIR YOUR SHOES!

SOLESISTER

Oct 5, 2008, 8:13:29 AM10/5/08
RESOLE---HAVE your worn soles replaced
RE-HEEL--have your worn heels replaced
REPAIR THE UPPERS--uppers can be sewn, patched, cleaned, dyed and
conditioned
WEATHER PROOF--APPLY a good Water and Stain Protector to your cleaned
leather

Protect--take or send your new shoes and boots to a quality shoe
repair shop to have:
Protective Soles Installed
Protective Plates (heel and toe) Installed
Get Water and Stain Protection

Visit us for information about Shoe Repair and Shoe Care http://fortunas.com

ares

Oct 6, 2008, 9:51:03 AM10/6/08
Seems it's hard to find a shoe repair shop these days and to repair my
SAS's, they seem to want half the price of a new pair, which is very
expensive to begin with.... I wonder if there are many shoes that are worth
repairing these days anyway; maybe the shoes for the rich, who can afford to
buy a new pair anyway and they might like something newer and different
anyway....
ares

"SOLESISTER" <in...@fortunas.com> wrote in message

SOLESISTER

Oct 6, 2008, 3:28:04 PM10/6/08
On Oct 6, 9:51 am, "ares" <a...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Seems it's hard to find a shoe repair shop these days and to repair my
> SAS's, they seem to want half the price of a new pair, which is very
> expensive to begin with.... I wonder if there are many shoes that are worth
> repairing these days anyway; maybe the shoes for the rich, who can afford to
> buy a new pair anyway and they might like something newer and different
> anyway....
> ares
>
> "SOLESISTER" <i...@fortunas.com> wrote in message

> > RESOLE---HAVE your worn soles replaced
> > RE-HEEL--have your worn heels replaced
> > REPAIR THE UPPERS--uppers can be sewn, patched, cleaned, dyed and
> > conditioned
> > WEATHER PROOF--APPLY a good Water and Stain Protector to your cleaned
> > leather
>
> > Protect--take or send your new shoes and boots to a quality shoe
> > repair shop to have:
> > Protective Soles Installed
> > Protective Plates (heel and toe) Installed
> > Get Water and Stain Protection
>
> > Visit us for information about Shoe Repair and Shoe Care
> >http://fortunas.com

You said it yourself--to repair your SAS might be as much as half the
price of new!! Is that not a good reason to do the repair? (if the
upper is still good). For half the cost of new shoes--you have re-
newed shoes that are already broken in and comfy for your feet! I
think, as the economic crisis ripens and matures, more people will
learn to appreciate that replacing a good item does not make sense if
it can be kept in use by having it repaired. You said you see few
shoe repair shops these days but ther is an abundance of very good
repair shops that offer their service thru the internet--some even
provide pre-paid mailing bags!

ares

Oct 6, 2008, 5:24:34 PM10/6/08
Well, usually by the time the sole needs repair, the tops are getting a bit
dingy too; don't get me wrong; I had one pair for over 10 years but many of
those were for getting messy in the yard shoes.
ares

"SOLESISTER" <in...@fortunas.com> wrote in message

George Grapman

Oct 6, 2008, 5:47:34 PM10/6/08

I have two pairs of dress shoes that I got 6 years ago for about
$250 each. My walking pattern is very hard on shoes and about every 18
months I need new soles and heels. The local shoe repair place charge
$40 and they come back looking almost new.
Every so often I visit a shoe shine stand downtown. For $5 he
spends at least 10 minutes including applying stuff by hand.

SOLESISTER

Oct 6, 2008, 5:55:39 PM10/6/08

The shoe repair industry has done studies that demonstrate --a good
pair of shoes that is well cared for can be resoled as many as 7 times
(perhaps more if you are using a highly skilled shop) before the
uppers are worn to badly to justify repair---using the math--you will
get sticker shock for sure when finally buying a replacement pair!

ares

Oct 7, 2008, 9:38:19 AM10/7/08
Well, thank you for pointing all this out; I shall reconsider...
ares

replacement pair!