Free live directory assistance

1 view

George Grapman

Aug 10, 2008, 12:04:54 AM8/10/08
800-411-SAVE
Yes, you listen to an ad but get a liver operator. Great especially on
your cell.
Note: May not work from all areas.

hchi...@hotmail.com

Aug 10, 2008, 1:16:07 AM8/10/08

A liver operator??? Should I try to vent my spleen?

George Grapman

Aug 10, 2008, 12:17:47 AM8/10/08

You got me. As punishment for my typo I will remove Rod from my kill
file for one day.

Rod Speed

Aug 10, 2008, 12:21:40 AM8/10/08
George Grapman <sfge...@paccbell.net> wrote

> 800-411-SAVE
> Yes, you listen to an ad but get a liver operator.

Liver operators are illegal without a license, stupid.

> Great especially on your cell.

Wrong again, makes me retch in public and lowers the tone just a tad.

Message has been deleted

George

Aug 11, 2008, 2:07:22 PM8/11/08
Shawn Hirn wrote:
> In article <1Otnk.16331$cW3....@nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com>,
> Wow! Do people still call directory assistance? I guess so. I for one
> haven't had to call directory assistance in more years then I can
> remember. If I need to look up a phone number, I just google it or I
> look it up at http://www.yellowpages.com

What if you are on the road and don't have a cellphone with browsing
capability?

MarieD

Aug 11, 2008, 2:12:22 PM8/11/08
"George" <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> What if you are on the road and don't have a cellphone with browsing
> capability?

I'd call someone who can look it up for me. I've had to pull over and call
someone to mapquest directions for me.
Marie

Parallax

Aug 11, 2008, 4:02:31 PM8/11/08

You can send a text msg to GOOGL (46645), with the kind of thing you're
looking for and the zipcode, for example 'pizza 90210', and you get an
immediate text back with the results. I haven't tried texting the exact
name of the place you're looking for but I'm guessing that would work too.