I am wanting to VOLUNTEER - but no takers

Charles van Blommestein

Mar 18, 2008, 2:10:50 PM3/18/08
I am wanting to Volunteer with any org. as I am told that they do not
accept volunteer-help.

I try w. many 501c3 org's: MAKE-A-WISH Org, Big Brothers / Big
Sisters, American Cancer Society, my church and even at my local
Library as I am told that the only "help" that they accept is done by
ON STAFF (employed) WORKERS.

I contact each and then am casted oudoors.

What am I possibly doing "wrong" in my volunteer-search?
Am I "expecting" too much from these org's to need my outside help;
are they just not too innundated with backload to need outside help,
or are they just too PICKEY to use volunteers?

Or........ could they just be too TOP-HEAVY (rely only on their
"Higher-ups" to make any decisions) to allow any volunteers to help?

Are they (ghasp!...) all trying to spend more money by using only PAID
EMPLOYEES?

Let's all turn this Corporate psyche on it's head!