URGENT - Pls help...pls recommend - laptop purchase

irfan...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2008, 1:08:56 PM8/15/08
to irfan...@gmail.com
URGENT - Pls help...pls recommend - laptop purchase

I am in the SF Bay Area, California.

My laptop died suddenly so I am in need of a new laptop urgently -
like today if poss.
I cannot wait for more than a week or so for delivery etc.
Windows laptop preferably ( not mac)

Please let me know your recommendations for a RELIABLE, Sturdy
laptop...

My main requirements are as follows:
- as fast as poss ( I hate it when it hangs or runs slowly)
- as lightweight as poss

The following are the main programs I use
- gmail, yahoo mail etc
- MS Word, Notepad or pdf doc
- MS Outlook

Typically I have about 6 to 7 Mozilla/ Firefox pages open and MS
Outlook and Word or Notepad open - all day - open all at once- at any
point in time.
So I use quite a bit of resources.

My Budget is as follows:
******************************
prefer around US $1000 ( if the laptop is on sale)

But could go as high as US $1500 or so

Simplicity
****************
Since I am not a techie, I would prefer a very simple plug and play
laptop.

Would like a well known sturdy branded laptop.

Do not need the following
********************************
I do not need features for games, graphics, entertainment etc. etc.
Just a fast, lightweight sturdy laptop.

Would any one pls recommend a laptop based on the above.
Which brand ? What model #? Approx price ? Where to buy it ?

Thanks in advance,

Irfan Smith

Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply

Aug 15, 2008, 2:28:04 PM8/15/08
Since you are in the bay area, I would check Craigslist
(www.craigslist.org) to see if anybody is selling one there. The San
Francisco Bay Area location is quite busy.

Seerialmom

Aug 15, 2008, 2:46:10 PM8/15/08

Sony Vaio, latest model w/Centrino Core Duo, $1200, Best Buy.

Lenovo Thinkpad latest model w/Centrino Core Duo, $999, Costco

Right now there's tons of sales at various office and electronics
retailers related to "back to school". Walk in and look, they do say
"best for" on them as well. Seems like you already know what needs
you have and budget. Most of us probably don't have the latest
systems since we're frugal and inclined to make our iMac G3 fruit
flavored computers run until they die?

I will say, however, I prefer the Lenovo over the HP laptops, I have
one of each at work.

ares

Aug 15, 2008, 5:20:10 PM8/15/08
Do you know for sure it can't be fixed?
ares

<irfan...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Lou

Aug 15, 2008, 8:09:42 PM8/15/08

<irfan...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> URGENT - Pls help...pls recommend - laptop purchase
>

> I am in the SF Bay Area, California.
>
> My laptop died suddenly so I am in need of a new laptop urgently -
> like today if poss.
> I cannot wait for more than a week or so for delivery etc.
> Windows laptop preferably ( not mac)
>
> Please let me know your recommendations for a RELIABLE, Sturdy
> laptop...
>

> My main requirements are as follows:

I've bought every computer I've ever owned at a local mom and pop computer
shop. You go in and talk with them - they ask you what you'll be using it
for and make recommendations based on your replies. They assemble the
machine, and a couple of days later you drop in and pick it up.

Surely there are places like that in your area.

Seerialmom

Aug 15, 2008, 8:21:47 PM8/15/08
On Aug 15, 5:09 pm, "Lou" <lpog...@verizon.net> wrote:
> <irfansm...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Surely there are places like that in your area.- Hide quoted text -

After speculating about the OP, checked the history and I almost get
the impression it's more of a "consumer survey" than someone really
needing a new laptop. See below via the link provided.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?enc_author=RNdORBQAAACDUUjfLEQpSIS-sn2ga-7nOPANdqfI6prRsqjc7uCt1A&scoring=d

Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply

Aug 15, 2008, 8:39:19 PM8/15/08
I haven't found a mom-and-pop built-it-themselves laptop place yet.

Lou

Aug 16, 2008, 11:31:12 AM8/16/08

"Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply" <sam...@TRASHsonic.net> wrote in
message news:48a621bb$0$17189$742e...@news.sonic.net...

> I haven't found a mom-and-pop built-it-themselves laptop place yet.

It doesn't really matter if it's literally a mom and pop (it just happens
that the place I patronize is a small family business). There are small
computer stores all over the place here. But it doesn't matter if it's a
small local business either. The point is, if you know what you want to do
with the machine, there are businesses that will assemble a package to meet
those needs with a minimum of the bells and whistles that you don't care
about. Even the Dell website lets you add and delete components.

Mirelle

Aug 16, 2008, 12:27:42 PM8/16/08

irfansm...@gmail.com wrote:
> URGENT - Pls help...pls recommend - laptop purchase

Buy an Apple laptop.
The Apple has a Duel processor, so you can use Windows on it or Apple,
or both. by splitting the screen.

Mirelle

Rod Speed

Aug 16, 2008, 3:02:08 PM8/16/08
Mirelle <anam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> irfansm...@gmail.com wrote:

>> URGENT - Pls help...pls recommend - laptop purchase

> Buy an Apple laptop.
> The Apple has a Duel processor, so you can use Windows on it or Apple,
> or both. by splitting the screen.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you dont have a clue about laptops.

Seerialmom

Aug 16, 2008, 7:34:53 PM8/16/08
On Aug 16, 9:27 am, Mirelle <anamin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> irfansm...@gmail.com wrote:
> > URGENT - Pls help...pls recommend - laptop purchase
>
> Buy an Apple laptop.
> The Apple has a Duel processor, so you can use Windows on it or Apple,
> or both. by splitting the screen.
>
> Mirelle

I don't believe that's how it works. You install "Parallels" which
lets you install Windows onto the MAC OSX. I don't think you can
install "only" Windows. But you are right that it has the Intel Dual
Core processor.

Mirelle

Aug 16, 2008, 8:52:21 PM8/16/08
On Aug 16, 12:02 pm, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mirelle <anamin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > irfansm...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> URGENT - Pls help...pls recommend - laptop purchase
> > Buy an Apple laptop.
> > The Apple has a Duel processor, so you can use Windows on it or Apple,
> > or both. by splitting the screen.

> Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you dont have a clue about laptops.

Hey, genius, don't has an apostrophe in it.

http://macwindows.com/

Mirelle

Rod Speed

Aug 16, 2008, 10:14:37 PM8/16/08
Mirelle <anam...@gmail.com> wrote

> Rod Speed <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote
>> Mirelle <anamin...@gmail.com> wrote
>>> irfansm...@gmail.com wrote

>>> Buy an Apple laptop.
>>> The Apple has a Duel processor, so you can use Windows on it or
>>> Apple, or both. by splitting the screen.

>> Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you dont have a clue about laptops.

> Hey, genius, don't has an apostrophe in it.

Mine dont, stupid.

> http://macwindows.com/

Doesnt say anything like what you said, most obviously with the way the DUAL processors are used.

JR Weiss

Aug 16, 2008, 11:41:53 PM8/16/08
"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote...

>> Hey, genius, don't has an apostrophe in it.
>
> Mine dont, stupid.

Translated: rodless seedless doesn't use an apostrophe because he's too stupid.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mirelle

Aug 17, 2008, 4:23:13 AM8/17/08
On Aug 17, 1:14 am, mirelleal...@yahoo.ca wrote:

Forgery by Deborah Sharavi aka Edward Rosen.

Remember this post, rosen/slime:
http://tinyurl.com/577jeg

Deborah Sharavi Oct 11 2004, 11:32 pm

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:17:58 +0200, “Heinrich”
<Heinr...@mailgate.org> wrote:
> As usual, you left out the part about the IDF eating their
> palestinian prey after they kill them.
> It’s the reason the dead palestinian
> numbers are so low and the missing count is so high.

Nonsense. Pallies haul them away to their top restaurants.

Cider-Braised Palestinian Kid

8 small sage leaves
1 Palestinian Kid (can substitute pork, rattlesnake, or vulture)
2 Tbsp. chicken fat
1 medium onion, chopped coarsely
1 carrot, chopped coarsely
1 small turnip, chopped coarsely
2 cups apple cider or apple juice
1 bouquet garni made by tying together
3 sprigs of parsley, 2 sprigs of thyme and 1/2 bay leaf
1/4 cup parsley, chopped

Divide the sage leaves into equal portions and dress the kid.
In a large flameproof casserole, melt the fat over a high flame.
Brown the kid in the melted fat, and then remove and reduce the flame.
Add the onion, carrot and turnip, cover and let simmer for an hour.
Place the kid on vegetables and pour on the cider.
Bring to a boil, add the bouquet garni, cover and transfer to a medium
oven for 2 hours.
Remove the kid from the casserole and set aside to keep warm.
Strain the liquids in the casserole, pressing down on the vegetables
to squeeze out the liquids.
Place the kid on a warmed serving platter, pour over some of the
juices and sprinkle with the parsley.
Serve the remaining juices separately.

Serves lots of Pallies.

Deborah

http://tinyurl.com/ddkek (8th post)

http://fourthreichisrael.wordpress.com/2008/08/11/this-is-how-violent-zionists-are-zionist-cannibalistic-recipe/

Mirelle

Mirelle

Aug 17, 2008, 4:24:05 AM8/17/08

Mirelle.

Aug 17, 2008, 5:06:25 AM8/17/08
On Aug 17, 1:23 am, Mirelle <anamin...@gmail.com> wrote:
ANNOUNCING.....

Enrollment begins for classes in the art of fellatio, taught by world
renowned fellatrix Vera "Mirelle" Perks of Silverton, BC - that's Me!

I'm 54 years young last April, I'm HOT, and I've got LOTS of energy!
It's one of the reasons (but only one) my Jew stepson and his Jewish
Princess wife Naomi moved with their baby RBP to KangarooLand. My
other Jew stepson and his wife Michelle avoid me, my real (non-Jew)
son won't talk to me, so I'm counting on you all!

"Great head has more than just penis action to it.
There are the balls to suck and roll around with the tongue....
And go back to the penis slowly tickling the head
ever so playfully....
And motions of up and down the penis with the tongue
ever so playfully.....
It takes having them tell the woman they are about to come and have
the woman pull gently on his balls as a man can not come when his
balls are descended for when a man has an orgasm his balls go up. Also
stop moving while doing this gentle pulling down of the balls."
- Mirelle, 17 Jan 2007 22:00:00

WANTED! Volunteers (male only) to serve in class as models for My
artistry. Sign up at the Church of the Revolving Vulva, or call Me at
250-358-2727. If I'm not available, you can leave a message with
Shaulik, My Jew hubby and personal dhimmi.

NO FAGS. Faggots are unnatural, disgusting, and I hate them.
See My space at http://moaningmirelle.blogspot.com/

Fuck zioniSStSS.
Fuck iSSrael!
See ya in class!

4APieceMirelle
I am a BIG FAN of Osama bin Laden
(Had A Piece Lately?)

Mirelle.

Aug 17, 2008, 5:07:06 AM8/17/08

Mirelle

Mirelle

Aug 17, 2008, 1:32:28 PM8/17/08
On Aug 17, 2:06 am, "Mirelle." <mirelleha...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

Forgery by Deborah Sharavi aka Edward Rosen.

Remember this post, rosen/slime:
http://tinyurl.com/577jeg

mirell...@yahoo.ca

Aug 17, 2008, 5:33:25 PM8/17/08
On Aug 17, 10:32 am, Mirelle <anamin...@gmail.com> wrote:

ANNOUNCING.....

Enrollment begins for classes in the art of fellatio, taught by world
renowned fellatrix Vera "Mirelle" Perks of Silverton, BC - that's Me!

I'm 54 years young last April, I'm HOT, and I've got LOTS of energy!

It's one of the reasons (only one) my Jew stepson and his Jewish

mirell...@yahoo.ca

Mirelle

Aug 17, 2008, 5:52:31 PM8/17/08