need financial advice badly

zaman...@yahoo.com

Nov 2, 2007, 6:10:19 PM11/2/07
Due to severe depression I am unable to work,And the benefits I'm
on,such as income support don't cover my bills,hence I have fallen
into debt. Does anyone know of any easy ways of making extra money?
I'm thinking along the lines of medical trials,which can earn you upto
500 pounds,just for sitting around playing pool and surfing the net.
The only problem is that these trials use pharmaceutical drugs which
can cause permanent damage to your body,hence I have ruled them out.
I have considered becoming a 'mystery shopper', but due to my
depression I don't really have the energy to visit shops.
So, can anyone do me a favour and think of a relatively easy way of
making money? (by the way I'm in Birmingham,England).

BoredToTears

Nov 2, 2007, 6:26:21 PM11/2/07
On 2 Nov, 22:10, zaman_2...@yahoo.com wrote:

<snip>

Last time you wanted people to send you sleeping meds and before that
you posted a very similar question to this latest one, about taking
part in medical trials. Just stop trolling, eh? We're not that dumb.

zaman...@yahoo.com

Nov 2, 2007, 6:36:47 PM11/2/07

First off,kudos to you for being able to remember my old posts. But I
really am not a troll at all. I suffer from severe OCD and
depression,almost every waking moment is very uncomfortable, I simply
don't have the energy to engage in such childish persuits as trolling.

slunky

Nov 2, 2007, 6:38:00 PM11/2/07
_/ zaman...@yahoo.com <zaman...@yahoo.com> wrote \_

If you cancel your internet access, you'll have more money.

--
-slunky

Mogga

Nov 2, 2007, 6:49:46 PM11/2/07

Use your energy to get better. Go and see someone at citizens advice
about your money problems. Stop spending money you don't have.
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free

PaPaPeng

Nov 2, 2007, 8:58:43 PM11/2/07

As a person who had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for all my life I know
exactly the problems you face. In my case 10 years ago (I'm retired
now) I found by chance that I am food intolerant to soy, gluten,
legumes and a few more common foods that in others would trigger an
allergic reaction.

I'll skip the discovery process and get straight down to the "cure"
you may try. Avoid intolerance foods. Look up WIKI on "The Leaky
Gut". Avoid medications especially over the counter comfort "cures."
Two years after my "discovery" I attended a public lecture out of
curiosity and discovered what I was suffering from had a name. Look
up the Internet on CFS. The CFS guide describes the story of my life
to a tee. I was flabbergasted and yet relieved that I had a real
disease and it wasn't "in my head."

The first thing I discovered was that I enjoyed a good night's sleep,
something I had not experienced for years. I could wake up feeling
fresh. Or at least fresher than I had felt for years. If all it took
was to avoid intolerance foods to get a good night's sleep who cares
what the explanation or theories were not that I was aware of any.
Over the months many of the CFS problems I had began to clear up.
Many problems I didn't even know I had also cleared up. Things like
bloating, a swollen tongue and undefinable uncomfortable GI tract, dry
mouth, dandruff and dry skin cleared up. That feeling of lack of
control of one's wellbeing decreased. I had always looked in the
pink of health and rarely if ever ill with something a doctor can
prescribe something for and fix. Therefore no one ever suspected I
had CFS. There wasn't even a medical recognition or definition until
1987.

With intolerance foods our body's immune system is cranked all the way
up to fight the "toxins". That means our metabolism is elevated and
never allowed to achieve basal rate - I feel toasty all the time.
That's my theory why we do not get restful sleep.

Your severe depression is a consequence of the lack of restful sleep.
You can sleep many hours, more than is good for you. Yet you will
wake up feeling very tired, have a headache and quite incapable of
doing doing even the simplest household chore like making a meal.
Been there.

Use the common allergen foods as your reference point. This may
include the "health foods" such as tofu, liver, kidneys and a few
other exotic stuff food faddists will swear by. Another good
reference point is foods some kid hate such as cabbage-brocolli, peas,
spinach. Remove them from your meals. I won't confuse you with my
theories as to why. Try for two months at least to eat the simplest
foods that agree with you. Fresh meat and veggies. Plain carbs such
as rice, oats or wheat flour. Avoid processed foods. They all have
soy flour or oil added and spices. For me that's practically toxic.
They taste darn good though. Now that I am resensitized even a cube
of tofu in soup will give me an instant cold sore on my inner lip. As
an oriental there was soy in every meal and you see why I had an
undiscovered lifelong problem until late in life. This brings up the
point that you must use minimal salt and no other condiments or
sauces.

If you can't stand all this plain food by all means go beck to your
regular diet for a meal or two. It won't kill you or make you
violently ill.. Then go back to the plain foods. As your body is
resensitized to intolerance foods you will be able to discern what
foods you should avoid and work out your own diet..

If this regimen bring you some improvement I have helped you. If it
doesn't I haven't harmed you or made you spend unecessary money. And
I haven't given you spurious medical advice. Good luck.

Michelle la Belle

Nov 3, 2007, 12:58:34 AM11/3/07

The benefits system is much more generous in England than in other
countries posters on this thread are in. Apply for DLA. And be
grateful your situation isn't worse, as it is for folks like us in
Canada, the US, and Australia.

Good luck.

zaman...@yahoo.com

Nov 3, 2007, 6:56:07 AM11/3/07

Yes,you're right,that I should be grateful I'm in the UK,instead of
the US or Canada. But this is not about me being grateful for the
amount of money I'm getting,but instead all that I wanted to now is of
a realatively easy way of making extra money to cover the debts I'm
facing.
I've considered completing online surveys,but they pay a very small
amount per completed survey. So,once again,if anyone knows of any ways
of getting some extra money I'd be interested in hearing it.
Bye friends.

mart...@hotmail.com

Nov 3, 2007, 7:24:11 AM11/3/07
> Bye friends.- Hide quoted text -

Work is a relatively easy way of making money.
Or selling some of what you have - on ebay, car boot, local market or
wherever.
Selling body parts has been known to work, though I won't personally
recommend it. Or volunteering for medical trials, though depends on
what your body and its chemicals is like.

Delivering free papers is a regular way of getting money to cover
debts too. All weathers, but even £20 or £30 a week adds up. And
always seem to be vacancies.

Martin <><

Shawn Hirn

Nov 3, 2007, 8:14:04 AM11/3/07
In article <1194087367.0...@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,

zaman...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Yes,you're right,that I should be grateful I'm in the UK,instead of
> the US or Canada. But this is not about me being grateful for the
> amount of money I'm getting,but instead all that I wanted to now is of
> a realatively easy way of making extra money to cover the debts I'm
> facing.
> I've considered completing online surveys,but they pay a very small
> amount per completed survey. So,once again,if anyone knows of any ways
> of getting some extra money I'd be interested in hearing it.
> Bye friends.

You might try discussing your situation with a local social services
worker or job placement service to see if they have any ideas. Also,
can't you get drug treatment for your depression? I just had dinner a
few days ago with a relative who lives in the UK and he was extolling
the virtues of their socialized medical system, so I imagine if you do
need drug therapy that it would probably be free or very low cost.

I know someone in her early 40's who has severe bipolar depression. I
have known this person since she was a baby. She takes medicine for her
depression and she undergoes weekly psychological therapy. Her treatment
helps her immensely. Finding the right medicine for her took several
years, but she functions great, to the point where she owns a thriving
business and is helping her husband start up a second business.

Mogga

Nov 3, 2007, 8:18:12 AM11/3/07
On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 03:56:07 -0700, zaman...@yahoo.com wrote:

>Yes,you're right,that I should be grateful I'm in the UK,instead of
>the US or Canada. But this is not about me being grateful for the
>amount of money I'm getting,but instead all that I wanted to now is of
>a realatively easy way of making extra money to cover the debts I'm
>facing.
>I've considered completing online surveys,but they pay a very small
>amount per completed survey. So,once again,if anyone knows of any ways
>of getting some extra money I'd be interested in hearing it.
>Bye friends.

You earn more money you'll get less benefits. If you're well enough to
work you shouldn't be on benefits.

What skills do you have? Can you write short articles? Can you
research? There are job opportunities out there for people with lots
of skills but if you are not fit to work then you should just stop
spending money and get some debt advice.

If you can write stunningly good articles you could sell them or work
for someone for cash but then you'd have to declare your earnings.

mart...@hotmail.com

Nov 3, 2007, 8:29:57 AM11/3/07
On 3 Nov, 12:14, Shawn Hirn <s...@comcast.net> wrote:
> In article <1194087367.023101.292...@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,

Someone extolling the virtues of the national health service (NHS)?
Seriously, its not bad. Drugs are set price (about £6.50 per item on
prescription for those that have to pay) or free to those on certain
benefits.
Doctors and hospital visits are free - even dentists if you can find
one covering NHS patients (there are still a few).

The problems come with different standards, different drugs (one area
may be willing to pay for a drug thats not given in another area -
known as a postcode lottery) and not enough time.
I've met some wonderful doctors. And some crap ones. Some will simply
authorise drugs without trying to get to the root of the problem,
others will go a step further but takes more time and resources.

Getting decent therapy can be a bit harder. Some are hardly helped at
all, others get a session only when there's resources to handle them.
Could be every few months for some.
The health service has been known to cut services to balance its
books. Basically its a big financial black hole that can always spend
more money than its given, but it does do a good job compared to some
countries health services.

Martin <><

Bill

Nov 3, 2007, 11:07:53 AM11/3/07
It would be good for you to be around people and get out of the house, so...

Why don't you go to where rich people are in your area, stand outside, and
ask people for a moment of their time. Tell them you are learning and would
like to know if they could suggest ways for you to make money.

Some people may not give you the time of day. Others may tell you to get a
job. BUT maybe a few will take some time and listen to you. Perhaps one of
them will give you some good advice. Maybe someone would need some help
typing something up? Who knows??? At least you will get out of the house and
get some exercise. This is good!

cat

Nov 3, 2007, 11:49:49 AM11/3/07

"PaPaPeng" <PaPa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Your severe depression is a consequence of the lack of restful sleep.
> You can sleep many hours, more than is good for you. Yet you will
> wake up feeling very tired, have a headache and quite incapable of
> doing doing even the simplest household chore like making a meal.
> Been there.

Hate to break it to you, but not all depression is related to CFS. Gee, if
only the entire psychiatric community could talk to you, they'd cure
depression worldwide.

> And
> I haven't given you spurious medical advice.

Hah.

Don K

Nov 3, 2007, 12:42:03 PM11/3/07
<zaman...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Since you're depressed you probably have a hard time doing anything.

So the easiest way to make "extra" money is to do even less.

Do less by cutting back on your lifestyle until you are living within
your means. That is the surest way to get "extra" money. You don't
have to compete for the job and no one can fire you.

Once your lifestyle stabilizes and matches your income, you will find
yourself less stressed. Then you can have something to look forward
to by considering what else you can do to improve your life without
being under pressure to pay your bills.

Don

Logan Shaw

Nov 3, 2007, 2:25:37 PM11/3/07
zaman...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Due to severe depression I am unable to work,And the benefits I'm
> on,such as income support don't cover my bills,hence I have fallen
> into debt. Does anyone know of any easy ways of making extra money?
> I'm thinking along the lines of medical trials,which can earn you upto
> 500 pounds,just for sitting around playing pool and surfing the net.
> The only problem is that these trials use pharmaceutical drugs which
> can cause permanent damage to your body,hence I have ruled them out.

Unless these things work differently in the UK than they do in the US,
you've ruled them out before learning enough about them.

In the US, medical trials do sometimes involve testing an experimental
drug, but there are also other types. For example, there are trials
where they test the effectiveness or dosage of an existing (and known
to be safe) drug for a new purpose. As a college student, I needed to
have my wisdom teeth removed and learned about a study where they would
remove the teeth (that I needed removed anyway) and test the
effectiveness of a certain dosage of a pain medication. It was a drug
that had already got government approval; they just wanted to do
research to know what dosage to recommend for wisdom tooth extraction.

Having said that, I doubt if medical studies are going to be a reliable,
steady income source. They might help you knock out some of the debt,
but they aren't a long-term or even a medium-term solution. There just
aren't going to be that many of them that you qualify for and that are
low-risk.

> I have considered becoming a 'mystery shopper', but due to my
> depression I don't really have the energy to visit shops.

It doesn't seem like a great way to make a lot of money. But anything
you do is going to require you to exert some energy, and probably get
out of the house, sometimes when you aren't feeling like it.

Speaking of energy, I cannot recommend physical exercise enough. I
didn't believe it myself, actually, until I tried it, but in the last
few years, I have started exercising regularly for the first time in
my life, and I've learned that it makes a big difference in your
energy level. It doesn't magically solve all your problems, but it
can sometimes eliminate that "all I really want to do right now is
lie on the couch for a bit" feeling (that you might have all day
long sometimes, at least I do) and replace it with a feeling of
having a nice, decent amount of energy physically.

Exercise may not change your mental state, but having your physical
energy level increased is still worthwhile. Then again, it can even
affect your mental state. Especially heavy-duty cardio (like running
5 miles) can do that. You've heard of a "runner's high", probably,
and that does exist, but exercise can also sometimes allow a sort of
emotional release where you can let go of your stress and other
negative stuff that's floating around in your head and not doing
you any good.

> So, can anyone do me a favour and think of a relatively easy way of
> making money? (by the way I'm in Birmingham,England).

Odd jobs? It would depend on what kind of skills you have. I don't
know what the laws are in England, but here in the US, you can often
work small, one-time jobs for individuals on a cash-only basis and
nobody is going crack down on that make such people report that income
to the government. I'm talking about helping people move stuff, paint
their house, or whatever. It's not glamorous, but I guess it would
work, and it would have the advantage that you wouldn't need to commit
to anything if your mental state isn't conducive to being bound to show
up M-F at the same time, week after week.

Of course, there are many ways to make money. If you're a computer
programmer, you can write some shareware software and post that on
the internet and make a trickle of income off of that. It just depends
on what you're good at, what resources you have available to you, and
what ideas you have.

- Logan

barbie gee

Nov 3, 2007, 4:11:00 PM11/3/07

why is he looking to earn more, when the clear solution is to spend less?
aka, eliminate or reduce the goods and services that are sending you all
these "bills". If he doesn't go anywhere, what more than food, shelter
and utilities can he be spending on?

%

Nov 3, 2007, 4:14:16 PM11/3/07

"barbie gee" <barbi...@NOSESPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

curvy women

zaman...@yahoo.com

Nov 3, 2007, 4:40:51 PM11/3/07
On 3 Nov, 20:14, "%" <pers...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "barbie gee" <barbie....@NOSESPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, Don K wrote:
>
> > > <zaman_2...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> curvy women- Hide quoted text -

I can't belive so many people have been kind hearted enough to give me
free advice. I particularly liked the tip of going to rich people in
my area and asking them advice on making money!
That gave me the thought,if I was good looking enough,wqorking as a
male escort would be a nice,pleasurable way of making money.
My problem is not that I'm work shy or lazy,but that my psychaiatrist
is uttelry incompetent. I mean,once he starts a a given anti-
depressant,he refuses to change to another one,even if it's not
working. Most guidelines on the net say that a given antidepressant
should be given 6 weeks to assess whether or not it's working,and then
changed to a different one. However my doctor refuses to change to a
different antidepressant no matter what. This man must be responsible
for hundreds of poor people leading miserable lifes. But I am worried
or reporting him to the NHS, because he's such a smooth talker,and so
intelligent that I'm sure he'd talk himself out of any investigation
by NHS auditors.
Since, he's the only psychiatrist in my area of birmingham,England, I
am resgined to my fate.
I didn't consider the idea that not all medical drug trials will lead
to cancer and other serious effects on my body. So, I am reconsdering
going for them,but there's still a nagging thought in the back of my
mind that these pharmaceuticals being tested are serious chemicals
with a real risk of causing damage to my body,and that fact is keeping
me from signing up with a company doing the trials in the UK.
I have also considered a company i saw on the web that lets you work
as an extra on tv. But am too embarrasaed by the fact that my
relatives will see me on tv reduced to working as an extra.
If anyone else has any good ways of making easy money please let me
know.
Bye friends.

mart...@hotmail.com

Nov 3, 2007, 4:55:14 PM11/3/07
> Bye friends.- Hide quoted text -

Ummmm....hate to point this out.
But any drugs you are prescribed are serious chemicals with a real
risk of causing damage to your body.
Medical trials usually involve animals, then groups of humans (often
more than one set of tests) before being released. But then have a
wide range of effects that mean what you are given could be really bad
for you, but great for someone else.
I had prozac for a month, lost well over a stone. Throwing up will do
that to me. Yet it helps other people with things other than weight
loss. :)

No guarantees with any drug that the long term effects on you will be
exactly as the medical profession would want. But can be better than
no drugs.

Just be aware that if you do get extra income, it may affect your
benefits by the same amount.

Martin <><

barbie gee

Nov 3, 2007, 5:39:13 PM11/3/07

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, zaman...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I can't belive so many people have been kind hearted enough to give me
> free advice. I particularly liked the tip of going to rich people in
> my area and asking them advice on making money!
> That gave me the thought,if I was good looking enough,wqorking as a
> male escort would be a nice,pleasurable way of making money.
> My problem is not that I'm work shy or lazy,but that my psychaiatrist
> is uttelry incompetent. I mean,once he starts a a given anti-
> depressant,he refuses to change to another one,even if it's not
> working. Most guidelines on the net say that a given antidepressant
> should be given 6 weeks to assess whether or not it's working,and then
> changed to a different one. However my doctor refuses to change to a
> different antidepressant no matter what. This man must be responsible
> for hundreds of poor people leading miserable lifes. But I am worried
> or reporting him to the NHS, because he's such a smooth talker,and so
> intelligent that I'm sure he'd talk himself out of any investigation
> by NHS auditors.
> Since, he's the only psychiatrist in my area of birmingham,England, I
> am resgined to my fate.

Not sure how the NHS system works, but could you just have general
practitioner or internist prescribe you mood meds? Must it be a
psychiatrist? Or are you also engaged in heavy "talk therapy" with him as
well?

zaman...@yahoo.com

Nov 3, 2007, 7:08:42 PM11/3/07
On 3 Nov, 21:39, barbie gee <barbie....@NOSESPAMgmail.com> wrote:
> well?- Hide quoted text -

No,here in the Uk, once you're referred to a psychiatrist,only he can
prescribe pills. But I do recall scomeone telling me that your GP can
change you to a different set of antidepressant pills. However,I
haven't checked if my GP is willing to overide my Psychiatrists
prescription.
If only the blood donation service gave you financial rewards for
donating blood! Also, i remeber reading somewhere that in bygone days
people who were ill would often state they felt better after having
blood removed.

Rod Speed

Nov 3, 2007, 7:40:03 PM11/3/07

That was just the placebo effect.

Plenty claimed to feel better after taking snake oil and homeopathic
'remedys' which cant possibly have had any active ingredients too.

zaman...@yahoo.com

Nov 3, 2007, 7:51:41 PM11/3/07
On 3 Nov, 23:40, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
> 'remedys' which cant possibly have had any active ingredients too.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, it could have been the placebo effect, since I read in a science
mag a few weeks ago that the placebo effect was very powerful,and that
the placebo effect lighted up the brain when an MRI scan was done
after ppl were given dummy sugar placebo pills.
Back to the topic of making quick money, I just had the idea of going
to one of those sperm donation places. But for a number of reasons I'm
reluctant to do so. Firstly I am in need of money badly right now, but
the idea of that meaning me fathering a child just to get a few money
notes,is not really viable. Why should a child be bought into the
world,just so that I can pay off my debts?
Also, in the future there might be retrospective legislation making it
possible for children conceived via sperm donation to track down their
fathers,and even get financial support from them. This also puts me
off becoming a sperm donator.

Charles

Nov 3, 2007, 8:00:51 PM11/3/07

Rod Speed

Nov 3, 2007, 8:23:30 PM11/3/07

> Yes, it could have been the placebo effect, since I read in a science

> mag a few weeks ago that the placebo effect was very powerful,
> and that the placebo effect lighted up the brain when an MRI scan
> was done after ppl were given dummy sugar placebo pills.

> Back to the topic of making quick money, I just had the idea of going
> to one of those sperm donation places. But for a number of reasons
> I'm reluctant to do so. Firstly I am in need of money badly right now,
> but the idea of that meaning me fathering a child just to get a few
> money notes,is not really viable. Why should a child be bought
> into the world,just so that I can pay off my debts?

And when your problem could well have a genetic component too.

> Also, in the future there might be retrospective legislation
> making it possible for children conceived via sperm donation
> to track down their fathers,and even get financial support
> from them. This also puts me off becoming a sperm donator.

Prostitution has always been one quick money route some have chosen to go.

Rod Speed

Nov 3, 2007, 8:25:44 PM11/3/07

> http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000589.htm#Treatment

That wouldnt necessarily make them feel better after the donation.

%

Nov 3, 2007, 8:26:51 PM11/3/07
LETS DO THE CROSSPOST AGAIN

PaPaPeng

Nov 3, 2007, 9:56:27 PM11/3/07
On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 16:51:41 -0700, zaman...@yahoo.com wrote:

>Back to the topic of making quick money,

I had the telly on and somehow this topic came up. House Sitter.
People who go on extended holidays need someone to do simple chores in
their empty house - such as watering the house plants, feed the pets,
walk the dogs, clear the mailbox, mow the lawn or clear the snow,
phone forwarding, have someone to phone to to ask about the empty
house, etc. I don't know what the pay rate is though. I am very
lucky to have a friendly and helpful neighbor who waters my house
plants, no pets, clear the mail and clear the snow (gas snow thrower).

On your shrink's pill prescription one of the characteristics of CFS
is that all medications, except antibiotics, are ineffective. The
first dose works. The body quickly adapts and the rest of the
prescription is as good as useless. My personal doc, and he is a good
friend, doesn't believe there is even such a thing as CFS in the first
place. Your shrink is probably one of those. If he can't figure out
what makes you sick you are not sick.

Jon v Leipzig

Nov 4, 2007, 1:36:19 AM11/4/07
zaman...@yahoo.com wrote:

> I've considered completing online surveys,but they pay a very small
> amount per completed survey. So,once again,if anyone knows of any ways
> of getting some extra money I'd be interested in hearing it.
> Bye friends.

I suspect there'd be something "wrong" with any money-making suggestions.
Obviously,*work* is out, after all, you're severely depressed.

Seems to me, even if you did get financially healthy,
you'd still be left with the problem of being severely depressed and
unable to work.
So I guess you're stuck.

I kinda think you're enjoying the perks of being "disabled".
People tend to treat you gently, expect very little, hold you less
accountable,.......
after all, you're under psychiatric care......

%

Nov 4, 2007, 1:37:25 AM11/4/07
LETS DO THE CROSS POST AGAIN

Michelle la Belle

Nov 4, 2007, 2:24:46 AM11/4/07
On Nov 3, 1:25 pm, Logan Shaw <lshaw-use...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

My experience disagrees with you. I tried exercise - walking,
running, cycling, badminton - nothing gave me more energy. Yoga
helped relax me. It was not until last year when I was a lot better
that I got anything like a good feeling from exercise. I started
working out at a gym and I was amazed at how good it made me feel.
For the clinically depressed, I'd say, exercise in moderation and get
as much relaxation as you can.

Michelle la Belle

Nov 4, 2007, 2:28:24 AM11/4/07

I don't think 6 weeks is long enough. In any case,
The second method is not to change medication, but to up the dose.
Once the dose is maximized, and you're still not getting benefit from
it, that is the time to consider changing meds.
Dr. Michelle

This man must be responsible
> for hundreds of poor people leading miserable lifes. But I am worried
> or reporting him to the NHS, because he's such a smooth talker,and so
> intelligent that I'm sure he'd talk himself out of any investigation
> by NHS auditors.
> Since, he's the only psychiatrist in my area of birmingham,England, I
> am resgined to my fate.

Try your GP.

> I didn't consider the idea that not all medical drug trials will lead
> to cancer and other serious effects on my body. So, I am reconsdering
> going for them,but there's still a nagging thought in the back of my
> mind that these pharmaceuticals being tested are serious chemicals
> with a real risk of causing damage to my body,and that fact is keeping
> me from signing up with a company doing the trials in the UK.
> I have also considered a company i saw on the web that lets you work
> as an extra on tv. But am too embarrasaed by the fact that my
> relatives will see me on tv reduced to working as an extra.
> If anyone else has any good ways of making easy money please let me
> know.

> Bye friends.- Hide quoted text -

%

Nov 4, 2007, 2:26:43 AM11/4/07
what

Michelle la Belle

Nov 4, 2007, 2:30:41 AM11/4/07
> blood removed.- Hide quoted text -

I don't know why they stopped the "drill a hole through the top of
your head" technique. That was supposed to relieve all kinds of
things. As for blood-letting - who knows? I've never lost enough
blood to try it out. Are you sick enough for ECT? Again, I've not
tried it but it works for some people.

Michelle la Belle

Nov 4, 2007, 2:36:29 AM11/4/07
> off becoming a sperm donator.- Hide quoted text -

Are you serious?
You are coming up with all these ridiculous ways of avoiding getting a
job. I know, I've been there. I've considered everything right down
to prostitution. The answer is to get a job. I know. I've been
there.

Michelle la Belle

Nov 4, 2007, 2:39:33 AM11/4/07
On Nov 3, 3:11 pm, barbie gee <barbie....@NOSESPAMgmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, Don K wrote:
> > <zaman_2...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> and utilities can he be spending on?- Hide quoted text -

But how would he be able to live without his magic mushrooms and phone
sex? come on! The guy needs SOME pleasure in life!! ;)

PaPaPeng

Nov 4, 2007, 2:46:58 AM11/4/07
On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 01:56:27 GMT, PaPaPeng <PaPa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>House Sitter.
>People who go on extended holidays need someone to do simple chores in
>their empty house

Another possible self employment idea came up. In the old country
there were "illegal immigrant" types who made a decent living washing
cars. One would come around early morning before the car owner went
to work and wipe down the car. All that's needed was a bicycle, a
couple of pails and some rags. He would draw his water from the tap
in the front yard. He does this twice or three times a week and we
had nice clean cars to drive. Probably that helped to keep down the
rust too. I can't recall what I paid but it was very affordable. I
don't know if you can do this at this time of the year in Birmingham.

Usene...@the-domain-in.sig

Nov 4, 2007, 2:42:28 AM11/4/07
In article
<1194043007.8...@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
zaman...@yahoo.com says...
> On 2 Nov, 22:26, BoredToTears <beejayce...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > On 2 Nov, 22:10, zaman_2...@yahoo.com wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Last time you wanted people to send you sleeping meds and before that
> > you posted a very similar question to this latest one, about taking
> > part in medical trials. Just stop trolling, eh? We're not that dumb.

> First off,kudos to you for being able to remember my old posts. But I
> really am not a troll at all. I suffer from severe OCD and
> depression,almost every waking moment is very uncomfortable, I simply
> don't have the energy to engage in such childish persuits as trolling.

Actually, I would have expected OCD and trolling to go right
together.

--
Earn Money With Your Web Site
http://www.WebSponsorZone.Net

mart...@hotmail.com

Nov 4, 2007, 4:26:39 AM11/4/07
> off becoming a sperm donator.- Hide quoted text -

Its either already law or will soon be - the legislation allowing kids
to track down sperm donor fathers.
If done officially, at the moment there is still no child support to
pay.
And those using a sperm bank to get pregnant will do so, regardless of
your sperm being there or not.

Martin <><

mart...@hotmail.com

Nov 4, 2007, 4:28:21 AM11/4/07
On 4 Nov, 05:36, Jon v Leipzig <J...@myday.com> wrote:

There are 'perks' to being disabled?
Damn, must have missed them.

Martin <><

Jon v Leipzig

Nov 4, 2007, 5:41:31 AM11/4/07
Michelle la Belle wrote:
> On Nov 3, 6:08 pm, zaman_2...@yahoo.com wrote:

>> No,here in the Uk, once you're referred to a psychiatrist,only he can
>> prescribe pills. But I do recall scomeone telling me that your GP can
>> change you to a different set of antidepressant pills. However,I
>> haven't checked if my GP is willing to overide my Psychiatrists
>> prescription.
>> If only the blood donation service gave you financial rewards for
>> donating blood! Also, i remeber reading somewhere that in bygone days
>> people who were ill would often state they felt better after having
>> blood removed.- Hide quoted text -
>>

> I don't know why they stopped the "drill a hole through the top of
> your head" technique. That was supposed to relieve all kinds of
> things.

Too messy.
Drugs "drill" thru the blood-brain barrier, accomplish the same thing.

The "scienc" behind both methods is about the same.

purpleveggie

Nov 4, 2007, 6:02:27 AM11/4/07
On 2 Nov, 22:10, zaman_2...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Due to severe depression I am unable to work,And the benefits I'm
> on,such as income support don't cover my bills,hence I have fallen
> into debt. Does anyone know of any easy ways of making extra money?
> I'm thinking along the lines of medical trials,which can earn you upto
> 500 pounds,just for sitting around playing pool and surfing the net.
> The only problem is that these trials use pharmaceutical drugs which
> can cause permanent damage to your body,hence I have ruled them out.
> I have considered becoming a 'mystery shopper', but due to my
> depression I don't really have the energy to visit shops.
> So, can anyone do me a favour and think of a relatively easy way of
> making money? (by the way I'm in Birmingham,England).

run up as much debt as you can(apply for zillions of credit/store
cards)

then declare yourself bankrup.

easy peasy,

lemon squeezy.

purpleveggie

Nov 4, 2007, 6:04:50 AM11/4/07
> off becoming a sperm donator.- Hide quoted text -

being paid to wank seems like money for old rope.

zaman...@yahoo.com

Nov 4, 2007, 6:32:48 AM11/4/07

Thanks for the tip purpleveggie. But surely it can't be that simple? I
mean, wouldn't the government have caught up weith the fact that
people might abuse the system of declaring themselves bankrupt after
running up debts on purpose?

purpleveggie

Nov 4, 2007, 6:43:45 AM11/4/07
> running up debts on purpose?- Hide quoted text -

atm its a very easy thing to do.

i suggest you just hit the big boys(hsbc,barclays,nat west etc)

that way you wont hurt any little traders.

google it.......its on the increase all the time here(UK)

ok it will fcuk up your credit rating and you wont be able to be a
director of a company for 10 years but it would get you out of a mess.

Ian

mart...@hotmail.com

Nov 4, 2007, 7:20:49 AM11/4/07
On 4 Nov, 11:32, zaman_2...@yahoo.com wrote:
> running up debts on purpose?- Hide quoted text -

Yes, they have caught on to the fact that some people do that.
Which means they do examine what happened before you declared
bankruptcy, and can be forced to keep paying from your income for some
time afterwards.

Martin <><

zaman...@yahoo.com

Nov 4, 2007, 7:30:22 AM11/4/07
> sex? come on! The guy needs SOME pleasure in life!! ;)- Hide quoted text -

LOL. Yes,it's hard to live without phone sex,at least once a week. I
mean 3 pounds on phone sex per week ain't so bad. Since I don't smoke
cigarette or drink alcohol. Everyone's gotta have at least one vice!

Logan Shaw

Nov 4, 2007, 12:45:11 PM11/4/07
Michelle la Belle wrote:
> On Nov 3, 1:25 pm, Logan Shaw <lshaw-use...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>> zaman_2...@yahoo.com wrote:

>> Exercise may not change your mental state, but having your physical
>> energy level increased is still worthwhile. Then again, it can even
>> affect your mental state. Especially heavy-duty cardio (like running
>> 5 miles) can do that. You've heard of a "runner's high", probably,
>> and that does exist, but exercise can also sometimes allow a sort of
>> emotional release where you can let go of your stress and other
>> negative stuff that's floating around in your head and not doing
>> you any good.

> My experience disagrees with you. I tried exercise - walking,
> running, cycling, badminton - nothing gave me more energy. Yoga
> helped relax me. It was not until last year when I was a lot better
> that I got anything like a good feeling from exercise. I started
> working out at a gym and I was amazed at how good it made me feel.
> For the clinically depressed, I'd say, exercise in moderation and get
> as much relaxation as you can.

Depression is a strange thing. Stress can aggravate or even cause
depression. At least with me it seems to be a major contributing
factor. So, you may want to minimize stress. But then how do you
do that?

For myself, I personally found that relaxing too much actually made
me more stressed out. I felt like I was wasting my life and never
accomplishing anything, which of course made me feel stressed out
and depressed. Since then I've settled on a policy of working hard while
I'm working, doing that for a known and limited amount of time, and then
when I'm done with work (whether it's my job or other stuff), doing my
best to immediately forget about it and think about something else.

It also helps me to do stuff to actively get rid of stress, which
includes mentally distracting myself (such as watching a movie instead
of sitting around and vegetating) and getting exercise.

Of course, I'm lucky enough that what depression I suffer from is mild
enough that it can usually be countered with stuff like the above.
I do recognize that other people suffer from depression which is more
severe. I'm not saying that exercise is going to cure anybody. But
I am saying I think it has the potential to help, and if you are
depressed and you haven't tried exercise, you should.

- Logan

Rod Speed

Nov 4, 2007, 1:23:45 PM11/4/07
Jon v Leipzig <J...@myday.com> wrote:

Nope, the drugs are what has allowed the closer of the vast
bulk of locked wards and allowed the loonys to stay at home
or on the streets instead. Which is what most of them prefer.

Its completely trivial to show in proper double blind
trials that they do work quite effectively most of the time.

The only real problem is getting the loonys to keep taking them when they should.

Rod Speed

Nov 4, 2007, 1:28:49 PM11/4/07

> Yes, they have caught on to the fact that some people do that.

But it isnt something that the govt can do much about if
you are prepared to wear the downsides of bankruptcy.

> Which means they do examine what happened before you declared bankruptcy,

It isnt hard to make it look plausible, particularly when
you have the psych consultations on your record etc.

> and can be forced to keep paying from your income for some time afterwards.

In practice thats very easy to avoid in his situation.

Bill Rider

Nov 4, 2007, 1:55:04 PM11/4/07
PaPaPeng wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 15:10:19 -0700, zaman...@yahoo.com wrote:
>

> As a person who had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for all my life I know
> exactly the problems you face. In my case 10 years ago (I'm retired
> now) I found by chance that I am food intolerant to soy, gluten,
> legumes and a few more common foods that in others would trigger an
> allergic reaction.

Leaky Gut causes intolerance to lots of foods.

> I'll skip the discovery process and get straight down to the "cure"
> you may try. Avoid intolerance foods. Look up WIKI on "The Leaky
> Gut".

Bad article. They make it sound like a wacko theory. In fact, a lot of
the body's energy goes into maintaining the gut lining. It takes
sufficient rest and good nutrition. Flaws in the lining allow
undigested proteins into the blood. That's common. If it happens
enough, allergies develop to certain proteins. That can make the gut
leak worse.

When an endocrinologist suggested that's what I had, I realized I had
recently become intolerant of many foods and the trouble would start
about an hour after eating.

> With intolerance foods our body's immune system is cranked all the way
> up to fight the "toxins". That means our metabolism is elevated and
> never allowed to achieve basal rate - I feel toasty all the time.
> That's my theory why we do not get restful sleep.

I was so bad my temperature stayed below normal. If I went out to mow
the lawn on a warm day, it would drop a couple more degrees and might
take an hour to come back up.

> Use the common allergen foods as your reference point. This may
> include the "health foods" such as tofu, liver, kidneys and a few
> other exotic stuff food faddists will swear by. Another good
> reference point is foods some kid hate such as cabbage-brocolli, peas,
> spinach. Remove them from your meals. I won't confuse you with my
> theories as to why. Try for two months at least to eat the simplest
> foods that agree with you. Fresh meat and veggies. Plain carbs such
> as rice, oats or wheat flour. Avoid processed foods. They all have
> soy flour or oil added and spices. For me that's practically toxic.
> They taste darn good though. Now that I am resensitized even a cube
> of tofu in soup will give me an instant cold sore on my inner lip. As
> an oriental there was soy in every meal and you see why I had an
> undiscovered lifelong problem until late in life. This brings up the
> point that you must use minimal salt and no other condiments or
> sauces.

The endocrinologist recommended two things: 400 mg a day of magnesium
added to my drinking water and vitamin A. The improvement started
immediately and progressed for months.

Most modern Americans don't get enough magnesium. (A blood test is not
a good indicator.) Americans used to depend on liver for vitamin A. I
was depending on pills, but the beta carotene in pills may not work.
Most fruits and vegetables don't have much, and you won't get it if they
aren't cooked. They need to be eaten with fat so the beta carotene can
be converted. Exercise and spending time outdoors increase the
requirement for vitamin A.

Polyunsaturated vegetable oils, legumes, and cabbage-broccoli vegetables
can interfere with production of thyroid hormone, which can result in
chronic fatigue, leaky gut, and lots of other problems. Soy products
are especially bad. I avoid them and polyunsaturated oils. I stick to
butter, coconut oil, olive oil, and beef fat. I don't eat more than
half a cup of legumes, measured dry, per day. Cooking broccoli-cabbage
vegetables reduces their effect on thyroid levels.

William Souden

Nov 4, 2007, 2:47:15 PM11/4/07
Yes,look what happens when you stop your meds.

Michelle la Belle

Nov 4, 2007, 3:19:59 PM11/4/07
> cigarette or drink alcohol. Everyone's gotta have at least one vice!- Hide quoted text -

Well your money is going somewhere.

Michelle la Belle

Nov 4, 2007, 3:26:48 PM11/4/07
> - Logan- Hide quoted text -

I think exercise can help almost anybody. Just not so much with
severe depression. If you are working, then good for you. Relaxing
too much? Sure, sleeping all day would be what I would call relaxing
too much but then it's probably more like, I'm sleeping because I want
to escape my depression, or because I can't think of anything to do;
so that would make you feel bad.

A more productive way to relax would be to do relaxation exercises,
preferably with a group; go to a yoga class; or meditation; have a
sauna; do breathing exercises; that kind of thing. Kicking back and
watching a movie is better than nothing.

Even now when I'm having a bad day, if I go to the gym I can't do
jack. Depression does affect you physically as well as mentally after
all. A more appropriate exercise for a bad day would be to go for a
short walk.

mart...@hotmail.com

Nov 4, 2007, 3:45:32 PM11/4/07
> short walk.- Hide quoted text -

There are many ways to relax. For some its sleep, for others its yoga,
for others its exercise.
It varies from individual to individual. Even possible to work to
relax (gardening, DIY, cooking, write and so on).

Martin <><

justin sane

Nov 4, 2007, 4:26:52 PM11/4/07
purpleveggie wrote:

> being paid to wank seems like money for old rope.

What benefits can you get for going blind.?

mart...@hotmail.com

Nov 4, 2007, 4:33:12 PM11/4/07

None.
However, for being unable to work due to blindness there are the same
benefits as being unable to work due to any other illness or
disability.
Plus there disability living allowance if you can't do some things or
need help doing them. But not awarded based on the disability.

Martin <><

zaman...@yahoo.com

Nov 4, 2007, 6:26:28 PM11/4/07

OK,after considering all my options, I've come to the conclusion that
I'm going to go for the option of being a guinea pig at one of those
pharmaceutical companies. But there is still a nagging thought at the
back of my mind that the chemicals will lead to some long term damage
to my body. Since I've known the terrible effects of deep,clinical
depression for many years,I am EXTREMELY worried about adding another
illness to my body from the chemicals they'll test on me.
Can anyone offer any reassuring words to enable me to get over my
doubts and go for the medical trials?
Thanks again friends.

PaPaPeng

Nov 4, 2007, 6:33:17 PM11/4/07
On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 13:55:04 -0500, Bill Rider <ple...@nospa.mnet>
wrote:

===========================

At last, someone who shares the experience. If the responses in this
thread is any indication our OP will face disbelief most of the time.
This disbelief includes himself and his doctor(s). Some of the really
helpful concepts I learned along the way:-

1. Self reporting. Only you can tell you don't feel well and where
it hurts. Look at yourself in the mirror. You don't look unwell.
People who look at you don't believe you are unwell. The doctor
thinks its all in your head. You believe you shouldn't feel the way
you do and feel angry at yourself. This contributes to stress and a
loss of control of your life. Only you can tell if some treatment
will improve your wellbeing and whether that improvement will persist.
None have so far thus your (OP's) current condition.

2. Non restorative sleep. You may sleep a lot or very little. Its
hard to fall asleep at the prescribed times (10 pm to midnight?). Its
hard to wake up once you fall asleep (late for work or class). Its
hard to concentrate and headaches are common. You nod off at
inappropiate times (at work or in class). The sleep debt is never
cleared. This is the most damaging consequence. If you suffer from
this I don't have to say more. If you don't it doesn't matter.

3. You believe your doctor is incompetent. Unfortunately there is no
treatment let alone a cure for CFS and related illnesses. CFS is
described by names other than CFS but its variations of the same
thing. You are unwelll but can't put your thumb on the cause. But it
doesn't progress to something worse and you know you won't die from
it. You won't get better either. You just get yoyo-ed between maybe
OK and just feeling lousy.

4. Not only are medications ineffective. Often they make things
worse. Its another chemical the body has to neutralize. (To the OP)
Try that food regimen. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it may
even save you some money. Its not an onerous punishing regimen. It
certainly saves me a lot of cooking time as I throw everything into
the pot and boil them semi-soft. A modification of Bill's diet. I
avoid shortening of any kind. Coconut oil and olive oil give me an
instant uncomfortable feeling and bloating. My fat intake comes from
whatever is in lean meat. One or twice a week I go to my favorite
noodle shop to get my MSG fix (grin). If I can't resist a delicious
dish at a restaurant that will bring on CFS I know it will clear
itself in two days or so. And I sleep very well. In case I miss some
essential vitamins I take the alphabet list of vitaminsf, just one RDA
dose of each, I don't care) once a week. I am not cured. There is
no cure. But I have a manageable life where I have some structure and
very little stress.

justin sane

Nov 4, 2007, 6:47:44 PM11/4/07
zaman...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Can anyone offer any reassuring words to enable me to get over my
> doubts and go for the medical trials?
> Thanks again friends.

Paraxel

Michelle la Belle

Nov 4, 2007, 7:01:04 PM11/4/07

Well if it all goes pear-shaped you can apply for more benefits.

zaman...@yahoo.com

Nov 4, 2007, 7:23:20 PM11/4/07
> Well if it all goes pear-shaped you can apply for more benefits.- Hide quoted text -

What does 'Paraxel' mean?
LOL,michelle, you have a wicked sense of humour. Yup, if the drug
trials cause meill health,i can sue them for a million ponds and then
retire to some warm tropical island.
Michelle, you sound like a person with such a diabolically twisted
view on ife, that if I wasn't ill I'd like to have sex with you. Maybe
in a parallel universe somewhere we've already met and done the act.
If the pharmaceutical trial goes pear shaped,and I'm able to sue the
bastards for a lot of money,will you agree to meet me? I'll pay you
25,000 dollars just for sex!
But seriously,has anyone gone to one of these drugs trials? was it an
easy experience, or were you strapped to some kind of table and had
drugs injected into your veins?

justin sane

Nov 4, 2007, 7:38:31 PM11/4/07
zaman...@yahoo.com wrote:

> What does 'Paraxel' mean?

TGN1412 ;) Google will reveal all.

Michelle la Belle

Nov 4, 2007, 7:44:47 PM11/4/07
> drugs injected into your veins?- Hide quoted text -

Well that's a first. I consider myself to be quite sane and well-
balanced.
I'm suggesting to you that as you are in debt, you need to either/or/
both cut back on your expenses, get a job. What's crazy about that?
I trust you can tell my serious posts from the er, humorous ones.
And - I dont' know, $25 000 does sound like a lot of money, but I have
never had sex with someone just for money and I'm not sure that $25
000 would do it.

Don Klipstein

Nov 4, 2007, 7:55:07 PM11/4/07
In article <1194218788.5...@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>,
zaman...@yahoo.com wrote:

>On 4 Nov, 21:33, "mart2...@hotmail.com" <mart2...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> > What benefits can you get for going blind.?
>>
>> None.

If the blind person is a USA taxayer or personal tax form filer, then
there is an extra personal exemption from income (I believe about $3,000
IIRC at this time of year) for being blind.

If someone manages to be employed while blind, then it is also worth
looking into Earned Income Credit - this mostly but last time I checked
does not entirely restrict its benefits to those with dependent children
in their households. This IRS program has income tax being negative for
some ranges of lower income with income mainly salaries/wages/tips. As a
result, I would advise looking further as to determining if it would be
good to take any employment in any form that is made available to someone
blind, even so much as self-employment - for example, as a contractor to a
charity. (BEWARE - being a contractor makes the self-employed person a
proprietor of a business - for USA Federal tax must use Schedule C and
Schedule SE. There are "state" rules and maybe local business taxes, and
maybe need for a business license. Also learn what is deductible on what
taxes, such as cost of a business license, and what is allowed to be
copunted as a vehicle how, when, where for any special allowances for
vehicle expenses.)

>> However, for being unable to work due to blindness there are the same
>> benefits as being unable to work due to any other illness or
>> disability.
>> Plus there disability living allowance if you can't do some things or
>> need help doing them. But not awarded based on the disability.

In the USA, there is a bit of a "welfare" through the Social Security
system known as SSI. That program is for people with disabilities that
greatly reduce their employability. It is sometimes known as "retirement
on disability". However, it won't get you any benefits from IRS by
working while over 65 or blind or both.

>> Martin <><
>
>OK,after considering all my options, I've come to the conclusion that
>I'm going to go for the option of being a guinea pig at one of those
>pharmaceutical companies. But there is still a nagging thought at the
>back of my mind that the chemicals will lead to some long term damage
>to my body. Since I've known the terrible effects of deep,clinical
>depression for many years,I am EXTREMELY worried about adding another
>illness to my body from the chemicals they'll test on me.
>Can anyone offer any reassuring words to enable me to get over my
>doubts and go for the medical trials?
>Thanks again friends.

I do think that medical trials are good sources of income for those with
no other options. Given that working real jobs in today's frenzied
hypercompetitive world is a significant source of outright psychiatric
problems (especially "clinical depression"), I give low prospects of being
mentally screwed up much worse than more-stressed fulltime employees as a
result of going for medical trials.
I do suggest that those making money from medical trials ask those that
they are guinea pigs for what the "income class" is and for advice for tax
forms. Or find someone who knows what the USA Federal tax law is for such
activity. Further, I would seek advice as to whether this is "earned
income", and if there are choices that need to be made on tax forms to
have this counted as such, for Earned Income Credit purposes.

- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

Nov 4, 2007, 9:31:47 PM11/4/07

Rod Speed wrote:

>> donating blood! Also, i remeber reading somewhere that in bygone
>> days people who were ill would often state they felt better after

>> having blood removed.

> That was just the placebo effect.

Trivia Department: Actually, there is one disease, hemochromatosis --

> Hemochromatosis, the most common form of iron overload disease, is an
> inherited disorder that causes the body to absorb and store too much
> iron. The extra iron builds up in organs and damages them. Without
> treatment, the disease can cause these organs to fail.

-- for which the easiest cure is regular blood withdrawal.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.

Nov 4, 2007, 9:33:59 PM11/4/07
Well, if yoiu are suffering from a serious clinical depression, that
might exclude you from being considered in a clinical trial.

zaman...@yahoo.com wrote:

> OK,after considering all my options, I've come to the conclusion that
> I'm going to go for the option of being a guinea pig at one of those
> pharmaceutical companies. But there is still a nagging thought at the
> back of my mind that the chemicals will lead to some long term damage
> to my body. Since I've known the terrible effects of deep,clinical
> depression for many years,I am EXTREMELY worried about adding another
> illness to my body from the chemicals they'll test on me.

the_dawggie

Nov 4, 2007, 10:02:51 PM11/4/07
Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
> Well, if yoiu are suffering from a serious clinical depression, that
> might exclude you from being considered in a clinical trial.
>
> zaman...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>> OK,after considering all my options, I've come to the conclusion that
>> I'm going to go for the option of being a guinea pig at one of those
>> pharmaceutical companies. But there is still a nagging thought at the
>> back of my mind that the chemicals will lead to some long term damage
>> to my body. Since I've known the terrible effects of deep,clinical
>> depression for many years,I am EXTREMELY worried about adding another
>> illness to my body from the chemicals they'll test on me.

My mind is the way it is, it has multiple disorders, including
schitozphenia, that's the way it works. I seriously doubt the
quacks would be able to help.

Fucked if I will pay a DroogCo my $ for some temporary
cure (they need a constant income stream, so you won't
see a cure anytime soon).

Usene...@the-domain-in.sig

Nov 4, 2007, 10:58:56 PM11/4/07
In article
<1194175968....@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
zaman...@yahoo.com says...

Of course. That is why such behaviour constitutes fraud. Which
is a form of stealing. And is a criminal offence.

Even without criminal prosecution, bankruptcy laws have
provisions for challenging the discharge of debts in the more
obvious situations (ran up the Visa card two weeks before going
to court, etc.)

Would you want to associate with someone who thought that such
thievery was a cool thing to do? Would you trust them on a
personal level? Would you want to face that person in the
mirror?

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/

Rod Speed

Nov 5, 2007, 12:05:00 AM11/5/07
Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply <mme...@TRASHsonic.net> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>>> donating blood! Also, i remeber reading somewhere that in bygone days people who were ill would often state they
>>> felt better after having blood removed.

>> That was just the placebo effect.

> Trivia Department: Actually, there is one disease, hemochromatosis --

>> Hemochromatosis, the most common form of iron overload disease, is an inherited disorder that causes the body to
>> absorb and store too much iron. The extra iron builds up in organs and damages them. Without treatment, the disease
>> can cause these organs to fail.

> -- for which the easiest cure is regular blood withdrawal.

But those are unlikely to make the individual FEEL BETTER.

AND that is such an unusual condition that it cant explain the OFTEN in the original either.

Logan Shaw

Nov 5, 2007, 1:43:44 AM11/5/07
Michelle la Belle wrote:
> I think exercise can help almost anybody. Just not so much with
> severe depression. If you are working, then good for you. Relaxing
> too much? Sure, sleeping all day would be what I would call relaxing
> too much but then it's probably more like, I'm sleeping because I want
> to escape my depression, or because I can't think of anything to do;
> so that would make you feel bad.
>
> A more productive way to relax would be to do relaxation exercises,
> preferably with a group; go to a yoga class; or meditation; have a
> sauna; do breathing exercises; that kind of thing. Kicking back and
> watching a movie is better than nothing.

Hmm, you've made some good points. I guess in retrospect what I was
getting at (or trying to) was that there are active and passive forms
of relaxation. And sometimes the active ones can actually work better
than the passive ones. That's something I didn't really understand
until fairly recently. I tended to be stressed out by stuff and
decide that I needed to take it easy for a while to get energy back,
meaning just sit around and do nothing for a while. That works, but
not sometimes nearly as well or nearly as quickly as some kind of
active recreation (going out and doing something fun, exercising,
getting involved in some kind of fun project, whatever) can work.
At least if the goal is to get stuff out of your system mentally,
and even on a biological level (reset your mood).

On the other hand, I'm not an expert on brain chemistry, but from what
I understand, sometimes sleep really is the best thing for you because
it's during sleep that the body makes serotonin. And we all know that
serotonin is related to depression; that'd be why SSRIs exist. So
sometimes being active might be OK, but just sleeping a lot could
actually be the best thing to do. So sometimes the most passive thing
that there is could be the best thing for a particular circumstance.

- Logan

Logan Shaw

Nov 5, 2007, 2:03:58 AM11/5/07
zaman...@yahoo.com wrote:
> OK,after considering all my options, I've come to the conclusion that
> I'm going to go for the option of being a guinea pig at one of those
> pharmaceutical companies. But there is still a nagging thought at the
> back of my mind that the chemicals will lead to some long term damage
> to my body. Since I've known the terrible effects of deep,clinical
> depression for many years,I am EXTREMELY worried about adding another
> illness to my body from the chemicals they'll test on me.
> Can anyone offer any reassuring words to enable me to get over my
> doubts and go for the medical trials?

If you decide to do that, just be selective and go for the ones that
are relatively safe. Don't do a study where you'll have to take a
drug that they've never tried on humans before. Not all the studies
involve figuring out if a drug is safe for humans. In cases, they
are testing a drug that is known to be safe but they just want to
find out whether it's effective for a particular thing, or in a
particular dose.

They won't tell you every tiny little detail of the experiment ahead
of time, but they can give you enough so that you can make an informed
decision for yourself about whether it's safe. Also, at least the
company that does clinical trials in the town where I live has a policy
that you can withdraw from a study at any time for any reason.

So, I think if you are smart and you exercise good judgment (and if
we can make the assumption that they won't outright lie to you about
the risks), you can probably choose to be in studies where you won't
have any real lasting negative effects. You might experience temporary
suffering if they are doing tests on a painkiller and they want to
find out the bare minimum dosage that is effective or something, so
it won't be all happy and beautiful I'm sure...

- Logan

Zuke

Nov 5, 2007, 11:26:16 AM11/5/07
On Fri, 2 Nov 2007, zaman...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Due to severe depression I am unable to work,And the benefits I'm
> on,such as income support don't cover my bills,hence I have fallen

I would suggest going out and volunteering to help other people.
I have found most depressed people (I know it's a serious illness)
spend way too much time thinking about themselves.

Also make sure you get your exercise daily like a long walk or a
swim.

Once you start feeling a bit better maybe you can go on to the next
step to be together enough to start filling out resumes, going
back to school, etc.

barbie gee

Nov 5, 2007, 3:11:09 PM11/5/07

> schitozphenia, that's the way it works. I seriously doubt the

schitozphenia??

zaman...@yahoo.com

Nov 5, 2007, 4:09:03 PM11/5/07
On 5 Nov, 16:26, Zuke <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

Thanks everyone for taking the time to help little old me.
I have taken the plunge and applied for some pharmaceutical drugs
trials. they'll get back to me with the date and times of the actual
trials.
I'm still very suspicious that the drugs will cause some damage to my
body,but,nowadays chemicals are found in all manner of stuff like
deoderants and toothpaste,that I might as well take the risk with the
pharmacuetical companies.
Thanks everyone for all the advice,good tips Zuke.
Especially like to thank Michelle for her tips laced with her quirky
sense of humor.
Bye friends.

Jon v Leipzig

Nov 5, 2007, 7:25:30 PM11/5/07
barbie gee wrote:

>> schitozphenia, that's the way it works. I seriously doubt the
>
> schitozphenia??

think he means;

Schizophrenia,
from the Greek roots schizein (???????, "to split") and phre-n, phren-
(????, ????-, "mind"),

is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental illness characterized
by impairments in the perception or expression of reality, most commonly
manifesting as auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions or
disorganized speech and thinking in the context of significant social or
occupational dysfunction.

Diagnosis is based on the patient's self-reported experiences and
observed behavior. No laboratory test for schizophrenia exists.

nos...@nospam.com

Nov 5, 2007, 7:35:24 PM11/5/07

No lab tests exist for any metal disorder and many are mis-diagnosed and then
drugged for life. The drugs cause brain damage and psychosis.

--
DSM IV is the fabrication upon which
psychiatry seeks acceptance by medicine

--Loren R. Mosher, M.D.

joe brown

Nov 5, 2007, 9:00:13 PM11/5/07
nos...@nospam.com wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 19:25:30 -0500, in misc.consumers.frugal-living
> Jon v Leipzig <J...@myday.com> wrote:

>>> schitozphenia??
>>>
>> think he means;
>>
>> Schizophrenia,
>> from the Greek roots schizein (???????, "to split") and phre-n,
>> phren- (????, ????-, "mind"),
>>
>> is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental illness
>> characterized by impairments in the perception or expression of
>> reality, most commonly manifesting as auditory hallucinations,
>> paranoid or bizarre delusions or disorganized speech and thinking in
>> the context of significant social or occupational dysfunction.
>>
>> Diagnosis is based on the patient's self-reported experiences and
>> observed behavior. No laboratory test for schizophrenia exists.

> No lab tests exist for any metal disorder

Wrong, there is for those that are due to other medical problems.

> and many are mis-diagnosed

Some are, not many.

> and then drugged for life.

No one is ever drugged for life.

> The drugs cause brain damage and psychosis.

Mindless pig ignorant drivel.

nos...@nospam.com

Nov 6, 2007, 12:29:01 AM11/6/07
On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 13:00:13 +1100, in misc.consumers.frugal-living "joe brown"
<j...@www.com> wrote:

>> No lab tests exist for any metal disorder
>
>Wrong, there is for those that are due to other medical problems.

Yes, those are physical disorders and they are not treated by psychiatrists.

Go take your prozak.

joe brown

Nov 6, 2007, 1:20:41 PM11/6/07
nos...@nospam.com wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 13:00:13 +1100, in misc.consumers.frugal-living
> "joe brown" <j...@www.com> wrote:

>>> No lab tests exist for any metal disorder

>> Wrong, there is for those that are due to other medical problems.

> Yes, those are physical disorders and they are not treated by psychiatrists.

Irrelevant to your stupid pig ignorant claim at the top.

clams casino

Nov 6, 2007, 1:45:16 PM11/6/07
joe brown wrote:

>Irrelevant to your stupid pig ignorant claim at the top.

OK not-so-up-to-speed Rod - enough with the pig comments.

Usene...@the-domain-in.sig

Nov 13, 2007, 5:03:36 AM11/13/07
In article <472fcaae$0$23937$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au>, j...@www.com says...

No, Rod... You don't have to be drugged for life.

Instead, you can become a permanent "fixture" on Usenet. While
morphing to avoid being recognised as Rod Speed, while
pathologically clutching the same, old, tired, easily-marked
insults. Like, "mindless pig ignorant drivel."

But, anyway... On a more serious note, head-pshrinkers most
definitely DO want people to be "drugged for life." That is part
of the whole antidepressant scam. Like any other drug dealer,
they need for their customers to feel totally dependent. And to
keep coming back, month after month, to pay some more money for
the magical fix.

A head-pshrinker wants to see your problems resolved about as
much as a street-corner heroin dealer wants to see you stay
clean.

--
Want Privacy?
http://www.MinistryOfPrivacy.com/

Rod Speed

Nov 13, 2007, 1:40:58 PM11/13/07

>> Mindless pig ignorant drivel.

<reams of your puerile shit flushed where it belongs>

> But, anyway... On a more serious note, head-pshrinkers
> most definitely DO want people to be "drugged for life."

Easy to claim, hell of a lot harder to actually substantiate that claim.

> That is part of the whole antidepressant scam.

Easy to claim, hell of a lot harder to actually substantiate that claim.

The reality is that depression is a serious problem for a relatively small
subset of society and there are useful treatments for that condition.

> Like any other drug dealer, they need for their customers
> to feel totally dependent. And to keep coming back, month
> after month, to pay some more money for the magical fix.

They'd much prefer a permanent fix that doesnt involve long term use
of a particular product, like we have seen with vaccination and antibiotics.
The problem is that that hasnt been found yet for depression.