Simplifying my credit

jgo...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2008, 8:36:08 PM10/25/08
I'm trying to consolidate my credit. I was recently denied a credit
cart because I had too many out there. This was surprising to me -
but it was true. Most of them I had taken out years ago and forgotten
about.

Any ideas on how to find the credit card that does it all??

By the way... I recently found a neat link about how credit scores are
calculated. This was news to me.
source: www.reviewcard.com

Payment History - 35%

Do you have a history of timely payments, or do you tend to fall
behind? Either way, your payment history is recorded in your credit
report and reflected in your credit score. To improve your rating,
you’ll need to make all payments on time for at least a year.

Outstanding Debt - 30%

This is where the all important debt-to-credit ratio comes in. If
you’ve charged up most of your available credit, it tells lenders that
you might be a poor credit risk. On the other hand, if you keep your
debt below 30% of your total available credit, you’ll improve your
credit rating.

Established Credit - 15%

This factor is simply a measure of how long you’ve had credit. Lenders
use it to determine how accurately your payment history represents
you, since longer histories give them better insight into your credit-
worthiness.

New Credit - 10%

This factor can be annoying. When you open a new credit account, your
score will temporarily drop. Hard inquiries have the same effect. If
you’ve maxed out several lines of credit and then applied for new
ones, lenders will question your ability to manage your spending.

Credit Variety - 10%

For the best results, you’ll need to have installment credit (such as
student loans and mortgages) as well as revolving credit (like credit
cards) on your report.