ObamaNation

RodSpeed,_the_EWA_fund_is_doing_great

Feb 21, 2008, 4:51:19 PM2/21/08
LOL!
Sounds too much like abomination.

Meanwhile:

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080221/china_losing_competitiveness.html

What happens when progress in Asia drives low cost labor out of China?
I think we are due some inflation some how. Maybe, just maybe, we can
start making things again in the USA like shoes, clothes, cars, books
and alternative energy systems.

All my readings have converged upon the idea that we have it all here
in the USA and are suffering from affluenza boredom. I am not talking
about it is all easy-street here. I think we have sold ourselves out
to conveniences.

RodSpeed, any great books you have read lately?

Rod Speed

Feb 21, 2008, 5:02:36 PM2/21/08
RodSpeed,_the_EWA_fund_is_doing_great <kwo...@hotmail.com> wrote

You wait till the monolines implode |-)

> LOL!
> Sounds too much like abomination.

Yeah, definitely needs a name transplant.

Could be a problem for the 'brand' tho.

> Meanwhile:
> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080221/china_losing_competitiveness.html

> What happens when progress in Asia drives low cost labor out of China?

Nothing special.

> I think we are due some inflation some how.

Sure, but thats likely to be the least of the worrys.

> Maybe, just maybe, we can start making things again in the USA like shoes, clothes,

Nope, not at the low cost end, endway.

> cars,

I doubt the industry will ever really get its act into gear, and china hasnt even started there yet.

> books

Certainly the writing, not the printing side tho if anyone has a clue.

> and alternative energy systems.

I cant see them being viable except for people who arent on the mains supply.

> All my readings have converged upon the idea that we have it
> all here in the USA and are suffering from affluenza boredom.
> I am not talking about it is all easy-street here. I think we have
> sold ourselves out to conveniences.

You've gotta spend what you earn on something.

> RodSpeed, any great books you have read lately?

Yeah, but not likely to interest you much, local pioneer autobiographys etc.

RodSpeed,_the_EWA_fund_is_doing_great

Feb 21, 2008, 5:41:21 PM2/21/08
On Feb 21, 5:02 pm, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:

> > RodSpeed, any great books you have read lately?
>
> Yeah, but not likely to interest you much, local pioneer autobiographys etc.

We had pioneers in the USA once. They traded whiskey, guns, furs and
gold. Now we have the info highway and Donald Trump.

Rod Speed

Feb 21, 2008, 5:44:14 PM2/21/08
RodSpeed,_the_EWA_fund_is_doing_great <kwo...@hotmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote
>> RodSpeed,_the_EWA_fund_is_doing_great <kwo...@hotmail.com> wrote

>>> RodSpeed, any great books you have read lately?

>> Yeah, but not likely to interest you much, local pioneer autobiographys etc.

> We had pioneers in the USA once.

Yeah, and some of those were certainly worth reading too. Ours are more
recent, so we can still have the individuals involved writing about it now.

> They traded whiskey, guns, furs and gold.

And got up to some pretty unspeakable stuff like with the mormons.

> Now we have the info highway and Donald Trump.

We do indeed.

RodSpeed,_the_EWA_fund_is_doing_great

Feb 21, 2008, 5:55:24 PM2/21/08
On Feb 21, 5:44 pm, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
> And got up to some pretty unspeakable stuff like with the mormons.

I once worked with a middle-aged lady who never heard of Ben and
Jerry's ice cream or Mormons. Nice lady, but I wonder now what else
she never heard of.

Cheapo Groovo

Feb 22, 2008, 1:39:34 PM2/22/08
In article <5b617a33-08c6-42eb-884f-2b6e10473374
@n77g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, kwo...@hotmail.com says...
Africa will be the final place for globalization - by that time, the
rest of the world will look like Africa today (economically)

Rod Speed

Feb 22, 2008, 2:15:25 PM2/22/08

We'll see...

> by that time, the rest of the world will look like Africa today (economically)

Fantasy.

RodSpeed,_dividends_and_cash_flow_are_bubblicious

Feb 22, 2008, 5:40:32 PM2/22/08
On Feb 22, 2:15 pm, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Africa will be the final place for globalization -
>
> We'll see...
>
> > by that time, the rest of the world will look like Africa today (economically)
>
> Fantasy.

Never visited Africa. Have you RodSpeed?

Rod Speed

Feb 22, 2008, 6:36:44 PM2/22/08
RodSpeed,_dividends_and_cash_flow_are_bubblicious <kwo...@hotmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote

>> We'll see...

>> Fantasy.

Wrong, as always.

And you dont have to visit a place to get a clear idea about what its like anyway.