Fried chicken restaurant GREED!

Bill

Oct 11, 2007, 12:02:12 PM10/11/07
I usually eat at home, but was too worn out to cook and stopped at the fried
chicken place on the way home. Been a while since I have been there as their
prices are so high.

Anyway I wanted a 3 piece meal, which the last time I went there, included 3
pieces of chicken, a biscuit, mashed potatoes, and cole slaw.

Well it was no longer on their menu! They changed the menu.

The only "meals" they had started at a 6 piece meal at around $12.

Ok, so I ordered the 6 piece meal and asked for mashed potatoes and cole
slaw.

They told me the 6 piece meal only came with one side!

(The meal was well over $3 more than the chicken only option.)

I said you are charging me over $3 more for just mashed potatoes? You have
got to be kidding!

They said yes. And they said it would be $3.60 more to get the cole slaw!

So now we are talking something like $15 or $16 to get 6 pieces with
biscuit, mashed potatoes, and cole slaw! (I can go elsewhere and get prime
rib for this price range!)

They said they had a 7 piece meal which came with two sides.

I said how about a 5 or 4 piece meal?

No sir! Only 2 sides when ordering more than 6 pieces.

What GREED! Obviously they have designed their new menu to force you to
order more pieces then you want to get the "meal".

Or raised their prices but left out one side so the prices look the same.

Or make you pay for an extra side for which they charge an exorbitant price.

I said "BYE!", then went to the grocery store and got a WHOLE cooked
chicken, mashed potatoes, and cole slaw (deli) for around $8.

I'll stick to eating at home....

Bob Young

Oct 11, 2007, 1:06:30 PM10/11/07
Could be they are just making up for the money they are having to pay
for higher grocery prices like the rest of us.

Bill wrote:

..........The only "meals" they had started at a 6 piece meal at around

Chloe

Oct 11, 2007, 2:36:57 PM10/11/07
"Bill" <billnoma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>I usually eat at home, but was too worn out to cook and stopped at the
>fried chicken place on the way home. Been a while since I have been there
>as their prices are so high.
<snip>

I don't buy fast food fried chicken unless I have a coupon or it's on some
kind of sale. The exception is occasionally at Popeye's, where I ended up
spending something like $7 recently for a couple pieces of chicken and two
sides. I know food prices are skyrocketing but I agree with you, there are
too many other better options for that kind of money.

The home-town grocery chain's ready-to-eat whole chickens have been
shrinking in size and are often overcooked and dried out. Sam's Club sells a
large, perfectly roasted bird for $4.99, the same price as the grocery's
smaller one. Aldi also carries the refrigerated Tyson whole roasted chickens
for the same price, if you want to keep one on hand in the freezer for those
times when standing in line at Sam's behind someone stocking up for their
restaurant seems too discouraging <g>.

Zuke

Oct 11, 2007, 3:28:50 PM10/11/07

I went in to a Popeye's last night with a buy a three piece get a two
piece. I told them it was "for here". The clerk looked at me with
big eyes and asked "are you going to eat all of that"? I told them
"No, the two piece is for my daughter" and they were real nice and
wrapped it up in a to go box.

Lou

Oct 11, 2007, 8:30:01 PM10/11/07

"Bill" <billnoma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Almost always, when somebody sells something, they charge as much as the
traffic will bear. Remember that the next time you want to hold a tag sale,
or sell/trade your car, or sell your house, or for that matter, look for a
new job.

John A. Weeks III

Oct 11, 2007, 10:48:54 PM10/11/07
> "Bill" <billnoma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I usually eat at home, but was too worn out to cook and stopped at the
> fried
> > chicken place on the way home. Been a while since I have been there as
> their
> > prices are so high.
> >
> > Anyway I wanted a 3 piece meal, which the last time I went there, included
> 3
> > pieces of chicken, a biscuit, mashed potatoes, and cole slaw.
> >
> > Well it was no longer on their menu! They changed the menu.
> >
> > The only "meals" they had started at a 6 piece meal at around $12.
> >
> > Ok, so I ordered the 6 piece meal and asked for mashed potatoes and cole
> > slaw.
> >
> > They told me the 6 piece meal only came with one side!
[ Lots of drivel deleted. ]

If you don't like what they offer, why not go somewhere else?
Vote with your feet. There are lots of chicken places out
there. In Miami, there is one on every block. There has
to be some other choices where you live. Here are some clips
from a review site:

Church's Chicken:
Pricing is one area where Churchs makes the grade. Its prices are lower
than most other chicken restaurants. Its very common, where I live, to
see special deals like $2.49 for a two- piece chicken meal with two side
dishes. Even the large, family- size meals are good deals. You can pick
up an eight- piece meal, with large portions of side dishes, for about
$7.99. Not a bad price to feed a family of four.

Popeyes Chicken:
Expect to pay $5 to $6 for lunch or dinner with a beverage. Very
reasonable, and fairly comparable with other chicken chains.

We have a lot of Boston Market's in my area, and they have
2-item chicken meals for $4.99 and $5.99.

There is also Kentucky Fried Chicken, Browns Chicken, Chick
Fil A, and a now days, just about every super market has
a deli counter that has fried chicken meals.

All I can say is that you seemed to go out of the way to find
some off the wall place, and then rather than leave, you want
to whine about it. That isn't a very mature way to act.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708 jo...@johnweeks.com
Newave Communications http://www.johnweeks.com

casca

Oct 11, 2007, 10:54:40 PM10/11/07
The problem has arisen that one or two chains have taken over the
markets. Now they charge whatever the traffic will bear and slowly
increase what they charge just like Globalist George's buddies Big Oil.
Competition is disappearing. There is maybe one independent restaurant
left in our town. I haven't found it though.
Message has been deleted

Shawn Hirn

Oct 11, 2007, 11:32:11 PM10/11/07
In article
<john-F5296E.2...@sn-radius.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net>,

"John A. Weeks III" <jo...@johnweeks.com> wrote:

> > "Bill" <billnoma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > I usually eat at home, but was too worn out to cook and stopped at the
> > fried
> > > chicken place on the way home. Been a while since I have been there as
> > their
> > > prices are so high.
> > >
> > > Anyway I wanted a 3 piece meal, which the last time I went there, included
> > 3
> > > pieces of chicken, a biscuit, mashed potatoes, and cole slaw.
> > >
> > > Well it was no longer on their menu! They changed the menu.
> > >
> > > The only "meals" they had started at a 6 piece meal at around $12.
> > >
> > > Ok, so I ordered the 6 piece meal and asked for mashed potatoes and cole
> > > slaw.
> > >
> > > They told me the 6 piece meal only came with one side!
> [ Lots of drivel deleted. ]
>
> If you don't like what they offer, why not go somewhere else?

The OP did go somewhere else. You should have read his entire posting.

Logan Shaw

Oct 11, 2007, 11:43:39 PM10/11/07
John A. Weeks III wrote:
> If you don't like what they offer, why not go somewhere else?

> Church's Chicken:

> Popeyes Chicken:

> We have a lot of Boston Market's in my area, and they have

> There is also Kentucky Fried Chicken, Browns Chicken, Chick
> Fil A,

Don't forget (since it's obligatory to mention them here in m.c.f-l
at least one a week) Wal*Mart. At least around here (Texas), they
have fried chicken as well.

Heck, even some gas stations and convenience stores serve fried chicken.

- Logan

John A. Weeks III

Oct 12, 2007, 8:12:55 AM10/12/07
In article <srhi-327501.2...@newsgroups.comcast.net>,
Shawn Hirn <sr...@comcast.net> wrote:

> The OP did go somewhere else. You should have read his entire posting.

Sorry, I fell asleep after the 7 inning. I am only going to read
so far. If you cannot tell a story in a reasonable amount of space,
then I am going to stop reading at some point and ignore the rest.
It is the old is with the value of time.

John A. Weeks III

Oct 12, 2007, 8:24:46 AM10/12/07
In article <QlBPi.63$uB4...@newsfe05.lga>, casca <@gabriels.ser> wrote:
> The problem has arisen that one or two chains have taken over the
> markets. Now they charge whatever the traffic will bear and slowly
> increase what they charge just like Globalist George's buddies Big Oil.
> Competition is disappearing. There is maybe one independent restaurant
> left in our town. I haven't found it though.

Why not name names so we can discuss it. I really do doubt that is
what is happening, at least not here in the US. Chicken is a dirt
cheap item. Anyone who tries to raise the price beyond what it should
sell for is going to find new competitors popping up all over the
place. If nothing else, every civilized town in the US has a
Wal-mart Supercenter, and they sell chicken cooked from 1 piece
to a million pieces, whatever you want, for quite a bit less than
what KFC charges. For example, they have 100 piece boxes for people
who want to serve chicken at a picnic.

Siskuwihane

Oct 12, 2007, 9:02:57 AM10/12/07
On Oct 12, 8:12 am, "John A. Weeks III" <j...@johnweeks.com> wrote:
> In article <srhi-327501.23321111102...@newsgroups.comcast.net>,

> Shawn Hirn <s...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > The OP did go somewhere else. You should have read his entire posting.
>
> Sorry, I fell asleep after the 7 inning. I am only going to read
> so far. If you cannot tell a story in a reasonable amount of space,
> then I am going to stop reading at some point and ignore the rest.
> It is the old is with the value of time.

Same could be said for your first reply to the OP.

Oct 12, 2007, 10:21:45 AM10/12/07
John A. Weeks III wrote:

> If nothing else, every civilized town in the US has a
> Wal-mart Supercenter,

I am pleased to report that I live in a VERY civilized area, and there
are No Walmart Supercenters around me. (Not that I would go there if
there were, you understand.) There is a Sam's Club and a Walmart within
a 5-mile range of where I live, and in that same 5-mile range, there are
probably somewhere ballpark around 300K people.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Extra/TheEndOfTheWalMartEra.aspx

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.

ChairMan

Oct 12, 2007, 1:10:52 PM10/12/07
In news:470f82fa$0$79919$742e...@news.sonic.net,