Sell my used Levi's jeans?

Logan Shaw

Feb 25, 2008, 1:48:41 AM2/25/08
Hey everyone,

During 2007, I lost about 40 lbs. (Yay me!) So now I have this big
stack of 8 pairs of Levi's 501 and 505 jeans that don't fit me. With
any luck, they won't ever fit me again. :-)

I need to get rid of them, but they're in fairly good condition, so
I'm hoping to get a little cash for them. Even if it's only $10 a
piece, that's $80. It seems like my options are:

(1) Consignment store. No idea how much I'd get.
(2) eBay them. A hassle, plus shipping eats into profits.
(3) Some place that specializes in jeans? I used to see trailers
where the guys would buy your old jeans, to ship them overseas.
But I haven't seen one in a while. (But I haven't been looking.)

Any opinions on which is the best? Other ideas?

- Logan

Shawn Hirn

Feb 25, 2008, 6:48:03 AM2/25/08
In article <47c26478$0$24088$4c36...@roadrunner.com>,
Logan Shaw <lshaw-...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

Try selling one pair each at a consignment shop and eBay as a test and
see how it turns out. Or just be a sport and donate your old clothes to
a worthy charity such as Goodwill or the Salvation Army.

Samantha Hill - take out TRASH to reply

Feb 25, 2008, 11:12:19 AM2/25/08
This sounds like the type of situation that Craigslist
(http://www.craigslist.org) was designed for -- not a "poor man's Ebay,"
but a place where individuals can connect with other individuals in
their own communities. Put an ad on the Craigslist site nearest you (it
will be free), and if your community is a busy one, you will have people
who will want to buy them. Just be sure to do in-person cash sales only
(meet the people at a public location if you don't want them coming to
your house) and you won't have any problems.