Has college dropout done the impossible and created a perpetual motion machine?

AllEmailDeletedImmediately

Feb 7, 2008, 5:17:42 PM2/7/08
Thane Heins is nervous and hopeful. It's Jan. 24, a Thursday afternoon,
and in four days the Ottawa-area native will travel to Boston where he'll
demonstrate an invention that appears – though he doesn't dare say it –
to operate as a perpetual motion machine.

The audience, esteemed Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor
Markus Zahn, could either deflate Heins' heretical claims or add momentum
to a 20-year obsession that has broken up his marriage and lost him custody
of his two young daughters.

Zahn is a leading expert on electromagnetic and electronic systems. In a
rare move for any reputable academic, he has agreed to give Heins'
creation an open-minded look rather than greet it with outright dismissal.

It's a pivotal moment. The invention, at its very least, could moderately
improve the efficiency of induction motors, used in everything from
electric cars to ceiling fans. At best it means a way of tapping the
mysterious powers of electromagnetic fields to produce more work out
of less effort, seemingly creating electricity from nothing.

more at the toronto star:

http://www.thestar.com/sciencetech/article/300042

BeaF...@msn.com

Feb 7, 2008, 7:47:33 PM2/7/08
On Feb 7, 2:17 pm, "AllEmailDeletedImmediately" <der...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Thane Heins is nervous and hopeful. It's Jan. 24, a Thursday afternoon,
> and in four days the Ottawa-area native will travel to Boston where he'll
> demonstrate an invention that appears - though he doesn't dare say it -

> to operate as a perpetual motion machine.
>
> The audience, esteemed Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor
> Markus Zahn, could either deflate Heins' heretical claims or add momentum
> to a 20-year obsession that has broken up his marriage and lost him custody
> of his two young daughters.
>
> Zahn is a leading expert on electromagnetic and electronic systems. In a
> rare move for any reputable academic, he has agreed to give Heins'
> creation an open-minded look rather than greet it with outright dismissal.
>
> It's a pivotal moment. The invention, at its very least, could moderately
> improve the efficiency of induction motors, used in everything from
> electric cars to ceiling fans. At best it means a way of tapping the
> mysterious powers of electromagnetic fields to produce more work out
> of less effort, seemingly creating electricity from nothing.
>
> more at the toronto star:
>
> http://www.thestar.com/sciencetech/article/300042

This is what passes for science in the media. No wonder we have so
many believers of Bigfoot, Jeebus and the lottery.

Rod Speed

Feb 7, 2008, 8:02:08 PM2/7/08
BeaF...@msn.com wrote
> AllEmailDeletedImmediately <der...@hotmail.com> wrote

>> http://www.thestar.com/sciencetech/article/300042

True.

> No wonder we have so many believers of Bigfoot, Jeebus and the lottery.

Beats believers in werewolves, vampires, zombies, etc etc etc tho.

Al Bundy

Feb 7, 2008, 8:06:19 PM2/7/08
On Feb 7, 5:17 pm, "AllEmailDeletedImmediately" <der...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Thane Heins is nervous and hopeful. It's Jan. 24, a Thursday afternoon,
> and in four days the Ottawa-area native will travel to Boston where he'll
> demonstrate an invention that appears - though he doesn't dare say it -

> to operate as a perpetual motion machine.
>
> The audience, esteemed Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor
> Markus Zahn, could either deflate Heins' heretical claims or add momentum
> to a 20-year obsession that has broken up his marriage and lost him custody
> of his two young daughters.
>
> Zahn is a leading expert on electromagnetic and electronic systems. In a
> rare move for any reputable academic, he has agreed to give Heins'
> creation an open-minded look rather than greet it with outright dismissal.
>
> It's a pivotal moment. The invention, at its very least, could moderately
> improve the efficiency of induction motors, used in everything from
> electric cars to ceiling fans. At best it means a way of tapping the
> mysterious powers of electromagnetic fields to produce more work out
> of less effort, seemingly creating electricity from nothing.
>
> more at the toronto star:

It's not even a good tabloid news story.
Wake me when I can drive something efficient.
These stories have been around forever. Let's see a patent, a
prototype, and a working model. There won't be any shortage of
investors at that point.
There used to be a guy, named Joe Newman I believe, who supposedly had
an energy machine that would power a full sized car with a D cell
battery to get the regenerative process started. He had some phoney
demonstration before getting laughed out of town.

AllEmailDeletedImmediately

Feb 7, 2008, 8:24:08 PM2/7/08

"Al Bundy" <MSfo...@mcpmail.com> wrote in message

> On Feb 7, 5:17 pm, "AllEmailDeletedImmediately" <der...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Thane Heins is nervous and hopeful. It's Jan. 24, a Thursday afternoon,
>> and in four days the Ottawa-area native will travel to Boston where he'll
>> demonstrate an invention that appears - though he doesn't dare say it -
>> to operate as a perpetual motion machine.
>>
>> The audience, esteemed Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor
>> Markus Zahn, could either deflate Heins' heretical claims or add momentum
>> to a 20-year obsession that has broken up his marriage and lost him
>> custody
>> of his two young daughters.
>>
>> Zahn is a leading expert on electromagnetic and electronic systems. In a
>> rare move for any reputable academic, he has agreed to give Heins'
>> creation an open-minded look rather than greet it with outright
>> dismissal.
>>
>> It's a pivotal moment. The invention, at its very least, could moderately
>> improve the efficiency of induction motors, used in everything from
>> electric cars to ceiling fans. At best it means a way of tapping the
>> mysterious powers of electromagnetic fields to produce more work out
>> of less effort, seemingly creating electricity from nothing.
>>
>> more at the toronto star:
>>
> It's not even a good tabloid news story.

this isn't the tabloid called the star. it's the TORONTO STAR.

> Wake me when I can drive something efficient.
> These stories have been around forever. Let's see a patent, a
> prototype, and a working model. There won't be any shortage of
> investors at that point.

it seems he showed a working model to the mit guy.

> There used to be a guy, named Joe Newman I believe, who supposedly had
> an energy machine that would power a full sized car with a D cell
> battery to get the regenerative process started. He had some phoney
> demonstration before getting laughed out of town.

if this is the guy i'm thinking of, he did hook his machine up to a power
source.

Stormin Mormon

Feb 8, 2008, 11:12:45 AM2/8/08
"campaigning politician"

max

Feb 8, 2008, 2:16:19 PM2/8/08
In article <YaOqj.65464$K%.63358@trnddc04>,
"AllEmailDeletedImmediately" <der...@hotmail.com> wrote:

i've seen the video. It's a bullshit machine that uses bullshit. It is
nothing more than a complicated arrangement of permanent magnets and a
couple of inductors/electromagnets. It has to be spun-up by hand. It
is simply storing energy in the fields of the electro magnets and very
very very slowly, very parsimoniously, releasing that stored energy back
into the system to keep the rotor spinning. It's not even a good motor,
it's simply geometrically constructed is such a fashion as to give it
lots of angular momentum.

If it had the value of a spoiled mouse dropping it would be connected to
a measured load, and it would be shown to produce more energy than the
mechanical energy imparted during the spin up process.

For that matter, simply measuring the rotational frequency, with great
precision, would tell the tale. Such a measurement will show the
machine to be continuously slowing, but at a rate impossible to detect
w/o precision electronic measurement. An optical shaft encoder would be
sufficient to put this bullshit to rest in less than a minute. In the
meantime, imagine the impossibility of eyeballing a change of 300 rpm to
299.5 rpm over a minute or ten. Trivial with an instrument.

It would also be shown to have all wired shorted together before the
beginning fo the test, and all pole pieces an elecromagnets tested with
a gauss probe before attaching the rotor or unmasking the permanent
magnet pole faces. Or, for that matter, even springs or spring-like
components. Or phase change tricks or any other sort of stored energy.

Showing a collection of digital voltage meters measuring whatever is
basically bullshit. Systems like the putative gadget simply operate with
such high hysterisis and spikey discharge characeristics that
conventional meters, like your standard Fluke DVM, can't catch all the
high frequency energy flow.

Clever techies build things like this all the time. The honest ones
simply call the what they are: kinetic magnetic scupltures.

i'm sorry, but its bullshit bullshit bullshit and the guy working on it
is either a) tragically deluded or b) just another piece of crap scam
artist.

He strongly reminds me of a lying scammer i once knew, someone who
seemed earnest and sincere but was actually anything but.

--
The part of betatron @ earthlink . net was played by a garden gnome

Message has been deleted

gaby de wilde

Feb 20, 2008, 7:25:24 PM2/20/08
On Feb 8, 1:47 am, BeaFor...@msn.com wrote:
> This is what passes for science in the media. No wonder we have so
> many believers of Bigfoot, Jeebus and the lottery.

Yes, sad isn't it?

It would be cool if they would describe the technical details up to a
point where the reader can be expected to build things.

Here, I'm a better inventor and better journalist.

http://forum.go-here.nl/viewtopic.php?p=750
View topic - Perpetual motion made simple.

How to escape the gist?

My previous creations all got subjected to the most hilarious lies.
This specific one still didn't get any kind of review.

funny.

It's just like peeps didn't want to know 400 years ago. I'm not going
to stfu like all the others. I'm going to make you my beloved but ever-
so ignorant fellow earthlings pay attention to the lesion. This can
power a house, propel cars, space ships etc etc live!

behind the link is an illustration but lets detail the innovation some
more...

By inducting flux into a ferromagnetic object it can be made to both
repel and attract at the same time. In contrast with either attraction
or repulsion the flux does~not have to overcome the other field. On
the contrary! If a ferromagnetic object(an iron strip) is placed
exactly on the domain wall(between a north an a south-pole) it wont
assume any polarity what so ever. What little attraction remains
cancels it-self out.

But if the object is subjected to additional flux of one- it will move
towards the magnet having the other polarity. But-jet-still! While it
moves in this direction the inducted flux is also causing repulsion
from the other side (other polarity).

The actuator magnet thus causes the ferromagnetic object to be both
forcefully pushed as well as pulled towards the corresponding side.

Moving the actuator magnet away again diminishes the sum of 3 magnets
back into a subtraction of 2. Flip it around and it performs the same
trick in the other direction.

I'm doing this with a super small super weak magnet and it forcefully
influences the setup from unimaginable distance. I've never seen this
magnet affect anything at 1/4 of the distance. But there is it..
wobbling a set of much bigger magnets up and down.

Build it yourself.

http://forum.go-here.nl/viewtopic.php?p=750
View topic - Perpetual motion made simple.

also make this.

http://forum.go-here.nl/viewtopic.php?p=524
flux switching pendulum

Tell me what you think.

Speak your minds please.

Even some creative lies on the topic would also be fantastic. I take
what I can get. At this stage I love any response.

How does it feel to own a hundred million dollar technology? Yeah, I
know I would have preferred a cash prize myself. Sorry about that. lol

:-)

http://magnetmotor.go-here.nl
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/factuurexpress

gaby de wilde