working from home for the next 5 weeks?

Sal_55

Mar 27, 2008, 5:31:17 PM3/27/08
I'm ill, and can't leave the house at all for the next 5 weeks or so.
So I'm interested in knowing if anyone can tell me of any ways I can
work from home for this period of time? I have done a quick search of
the web and already I'm getting the impression that there arer a lot
of scam sites offering work to people desperate for extra money. So
I'm looking for genuine work only. Also, I don't want to sound too
greedy, but I'd obviously prefer jobs which are high paying than low
paying jobs.
This might sound weird, but I know those companies which offer people
money to allow them to take part in clinical trials of new
pharmaceutical drugs, require all people testing drugs to be healthy.
But I can't even leave the house due to a broken bone. But are there
any companies which allow people to be tested with drugs at home?
Alternatively,are there any other products which I can test at home
and be paid for testing them? Please don't laugh if that is too stupd
a question.
Thanks for reading this and bye.

nikhi...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2008, 5:50:51 PM3/27/08

contact the companies you worked before and see if they can offer you
any work

mart...@hotmail.com

Mar 27, 2008, 6:20:15 PM3/27/08

Can buy and sell on ebay.
Not so sure about the high paying bit - there are several I can think
of but all take longer than 5 weeks to set up and get going to more
than cover costs.
Still, if you have the right skills, some employers will pay for work
done.

Writing articles for magazines is profitable. But can you write well
enough to be noticed in the slush pile?

Martin <><

Mogga

Mar 27, 2008, 6:22:38 PM3/27/08

If the OP can write blurbs then I almost certainly can put work their
way.
>Martin <><
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free

Sal_55

Mar 27, 2008, 6:34:51 PM3/27/08
> any work- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the tip,but one of the companies I worked before has gone
bust and the other requires ppl who're able to walk. But since a bone
is broken in my foot,I can't.

Sal_55

Mar 27, 2008, 6:41:42 PM3/27/08
> Martin  <><- Hide quoted text -

Putting modesty to one side, I am quite quick-witted with a sharp
tongue. But that's a symptom of my depression. I can write good
english and amuse ppl,but I don't want to. Because that'll be the
depression talking. Most ppl won't understand what I just wrote. Ppl
who're clinically depressed often become very witty. Just as blind ppl
develop acute hearing. I don't really know the reason,maybe it's a
defence mechanism of sorts.
I like the idea of buying and selling on ebay a lot. On laptop
computers I can imagine making 40 pounds on each laptop won't be too
hard. But how do I take the laptops to the post office,with my broken
foot?
Sorry for sounding so damn lazy,but what I'd really like is to have
some pharmaceuticals injected into me, and then in 5 weeks time, I can
go to the Clinical research companies headquarters and have the
necessary blood tests, and be paid.

%

Mar 27, 2008, 6:46:38 PM3/27/08

i can walk and i want this too

matroshka

Mar 27, 2008, 7:02:18 PM3/27/08

I would recommend going on line and looking up books in the library on
home based businesses, find one you like, and order it from half.com,
or amazon.com in the used books section. I taught myself how to open
and run a home-based landscaping business from a book I read in the
botanical garden library. I can tell you the publisher if you want,
they publish other books on home based businesses. I would look into
micro-businesses, there are loans if you want to start up your own
business. If I think of anything else I will let you know. I may still
have some old paperwork from some organizations I got help from when I
was doing that.

Melissa

Mar 27, 2008, 8:08:07 PM3/27/08

"Sal_55" <zaman...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

If you can't leave the house, you'll have a difficult time selling on eBay.
You need to be able to find stuff to sell and get to the Post Office to ship
what you've sold. Trying to start on eBay now as a "hobby" seller would be
difficult as well. It's not the fun easy way to sell that it was 5 years
ago.

Melissa

mart...@hotmail.com

Mar 28, 2008, 3:41:28 AM3/28/08
> necessary blood tests, and be paid.- Hide quoted text -

Don't have to take stuff out of the house. Courier companies will
collect.

Martin <><

Jeff

Mar 28, 2008, 9:09:32 AM3/28/08

The op most certainly deserves first crack at this. If there is no
interest, I have a friend that is literate, creative, and uses correct
grammar and spelling. And... has marketing sense...

Let me know how this works out: jeff at thelimit . com

Jeff

>> Martin <><

Gazz

Mar 28, 2008, 9:50:32 AM3/28/08

"Sal_55" <zaman...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Sorry for sounding so damn lazy,but what I'd really like is to have
some pharmaceuticals injected into me, and then in 5 weeks time, I can
go to the Clinical research companies headquarters and have the
necessary blood tests, and be paid.

------------

Maybe try this the other way round... get a stock of 'pharmaceuticals'
delivered to your house, then invite people in to have them injected into
them for money?.

the bloke next door to me seems to make a good living doing this (allegedly)

that seems like the only home business that makes lots of money fast
nowadays :(

mart...@hotmail.com

Mar 28, 2008, 10:41:32 AM3/28/08
On 28 Mar, 13:50, "Gazz" <n...@m.ta> wrote:
> "Sal_55" <zaman_2...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Or for those with a webcam, performing on some of the adult sites or
creating movies for those sites.......

Martin <><

Anthony Matonak

Mar 28, 2008, 1:21:35 PM3/28/08
mart...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On 28 Mar, 13:50, "Gazz" <n...@m.ta> wrote:

>> Maybe try this the other way round... get a stock of 'pharmaceuticals'
>> delivered to your house, then invite people in to have them injected into
>> them for money?.

>> that seems like the only home business that makes lots of money fast
>> nowadays :(
>
> Or for those with a webcam, performing on some of the adult sites or
> creating movies for those sites.......

There are plenty of illegal businesses one can run from home.
Growing plants, prostitution, making copies of movies and music,
cloning cell phones, printing false documents and IDs and so on.

Anthony

mart...@hotmail.com

Mar 28, 2008, 3:47:27 PM3/28/08
On 28 Mar, 17:21, Anthony Matonak
<anthony...@nothing.like.socal.rr.com> wrote:

Prostitution is more usually run with some outside contact too.
From home its simply running your own brothel, or being an escort.

How about hairdressing?

Martin <><

Mogga

Mar 28, 2008, 4:44:19 PM3/28/08
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:47:27 -0700 (PDT), "mart...@hotmail.com"
<mart...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>How about hairdressing?
>
>Martin <><

What about chat lines? Can they farm work out to a domestic number
these days? I knew someone who worked for tarot lines a few years ago.
:)

Lou

Mar 27, 2008, 9:56:54 PM3/27/08

What's the deal - are you in traction or something else that totally
immobilizes you? How do you get to the bathroom, the dinner table, the
horizontal surface your computer is sitting on so you can type these posts?
Ever hear of a wheelchair or crutches?

I work in the clinical trial field, though not at testing sites. Some
trials require you to be sick - they're testing drugs/devices that hopefully
will make sick people better, after all. Some early stage trials require
you to be healthy - they're checking to see what doses can be tolerated, how
long they stay in the body, and possible side effects. Some trials last
only a day, some for weeks, months, ...

Most trials are pills, not injections. Ones that are injections or IV's
generally are a series of injections or IV's. For the ones that use healthy
subjects where the drug "half-life" is being checked, they take a blood
sample every 30 minutes or so for several hours.
I've never heard of one where they come to your house.

Yes you get paid (if you follow instructions), but you'll never get rich
being a test subject. I've never heard of a trial where the
doctors/technicians/whatever come to your house.

And just as an aside, my sister has a broken foot and is still wearing a
boot and using crutches six months after the event. She's raising three
kids, keeping house, and going to work every day. Oh, and going to the
doctor, who says everything is progressing right on schedule.

Sal_55

Mar 29, 2008, 8:36:36 AM3/29/08
> doctor, who says everything is progressing right on schedule.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the input Lou. I'm sorry to hear about your sister. But the
ppl in the hospital here in England told me not to walk at all. And If
I do have to walk to use crutches. They said the more I walked, even
on crutches,the longer it will take the broekn bone to heal. They told
me that if I don't use my foot at all,it should heal in about 5 weeks.
But I've been a naughty boy, and have been walking without crutches to
make coffee and go to the toilet. In my defence, when I do walk I
don't put any pressure on the broken foot, but sort of drag it, whilst
putting all the pressure on the healthy foot. Not as good as using
crutches, but at least I don't leave the house at all on long walks.
Lou, since you work in the clinical trials field, can you be kind
enough to tell me which of the companies in the UK won't mind someone
in crutches coming to take part in their trials?
Thanks for all the help everyone and bye.

mart...@hotmail.com

Mar 29, 2008, 9:55:55 AM3/29/08
On 28 Mar, 01:56, "Lou" <lpogodajr292...@comcast.net> wrote:
> doctor, who says everything is progressing right on schedule.- Hide quoted text -

There's broken foot and broken foot. Depending on exactly what bone(s)
are broken and condition of the patient, one person may be given a
'silver boot' and be pretty mobile. Another may be unable to walk on
it at all.

Broken foot covers quite a variety of breaks, what with several bones
in the foot and breakage possible at different points of those bones.

If he can't get out, he can't get out. Still plenty that can be done -
just not necessarily high earning for such a short period of time.

Martin <><

Lou

Mar 29, 2008, 2:41:06 PM3/29/08

> They said the more I walked, even
> on crutches,the longer it will take the broekn bone to heal. They told
> me that if I don't use my foot at all,it should heal in about 5 weeks.
> But I've been a naughty boy, and have been walking without crutches to
> make coffee and go to the toilet.

I know crutches are inconvenient, but that's not very smart.

> Lou, since you work in the clinical trials field, can you be kind
> enough to tell me which of the companies in the UK won't mind someone
> in crutches coming to take part in their trials?
> Thanks for all the help everyone and bye.

I work in the US - I'm afraid I can't help you connect up with anyone in the
UK. In the US, companies wishing to recruit subjects for a clinical trial
advertise to the public and/or recruit physicians who practice in the field
they want to study, and those physicians in turn recruit from the patients
they see. Every trial has a list of criteria that potential subjects must
meet before they're accepted into a trial - the list is different for every
trial, but I've never seen crutches mentioned one way or the other. Check
the newspaper.

Rod Speed

Mar 29, 2008, 3:58:16 PM3/29/08

> Thanks for the input Lou. I'm sorry to hear about your sister. But the

> ppl in the hospital here in England told me not to walk at all. And If
> I do have to walk to use crutches. They said the more I walked, even
> on crutches,the longer it will take the broekn bone to heal. They told
> me that if I don't use my foot at all,it should heal in about 5 weeks.

They're right.

> But I've been a naughty boy, and have been walking without
> crutches to make coffee and go to the toilet. In my defence,
> when I do walk I don't put any pressure on the broken foot, but
> sort of drag it, whilst putting all the pressure on the healthy foot.

Not even possible to do that.

> Not as good as using crutches, but at least I don't leave the house at all on long walks.

You're still significantly increasing the time till it heals.

Doesnt england provide any welfare for when you cant work ?

mart...@hotmail.com

Mar 29, 2008, 6:57:10 PM3/29/08
On 29 Mar, 19:58, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Doesnt england provide any welfare for when you cant work ?- Hide quoted text -

Yes, there is welfare (statutory sick pay) for when you can't work.
Not a great deal of money.
Plus insurances can be paid for on credit cards, mortgage and so on to
cover payments after a period of time (usually so many weeks). If
employed, many employers pay sick pay at whatever the current pay is
anyway.

Martin <><