Can I Avoid Losing My Rollover Minutes When Changing Plans?

Courtney

Jul 24, 2007, 6:46:18 PM7/24/07
I'd like to drop from my AT&T 900 min plan to the 450 min plan but if
I do they say they will take my 3500 rollover minutes away from me.

Is there any way for me to avoid losing my rollover minutes?

Thanks

Logan Shaw

Jul 24, 2007, 8:36:27 PM7/24/07

If those are the rules, I don't see how you can do much about it.

Of course, there is one way: use them all, then switch.

- Logan

Ward Abbott

Jul 24, 2007, 9:33:27 PM7/24/07
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:46:18 -0700, Courtney <cki...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Is there any way for me to avoid losing my rollover minutes?

Don't try to argue with us.....we have NO power.

Your beef is with AT&T.

Rick

Jul 24, 2007, 9:34:38 PM7/24/07

Why ask us? AT&T is the one telling you what the terms of changing the
contract will be. We don't know.

Assuming you have had the service for at least one year, and you have a
balance of 3500 rollover minutes, you are accumulating over 290 unused
minutes per month on your current plan. It doesn't sound like losing the
3500 minutes will be a problem for you, since you aren't using them
anyway and the oldest rollover minutes "roll off" and expire after 12
months anyway.

Then again, if you have had the plan for at least one year, under the
old plan 900 minute scenario you are accumulating an average of 290
rollover minutes a month. That means you are currently using an average
of 610 minutes a month. Are you sure dropping to 450 minutes per month
will be enough?

Rick

Courtney

Jul 24, 2007, 10:12:15 PM7/24/07
Thanks for the thoughts everybody...helped me think it through...

Shawn Hirn

Jul 26, 2007, 6:50:41 AM7/26/07
In article <1185317178.2...@r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>,
Courtney <cki...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Perhaps. Try negotiating. For example, if you are looking at a Verizon
plan, see if you can say something to a Verizon salesman like "I would
love to switch to Verizon, I have 3500 rollover minutes on AT&T, what
can you do for me? I won't switch if I lose all those minutes."

You will probably not get to keep your 3500 minutes, but you don't know
if you don't ask.