Federal Reserve seeks injunction against prosper.com

Cash_is_king,and_RodSpeed, don't_foregt_it

Apr 30, 2008, 1:52:18 PM4/30/08
Ben Bernanke today announced that allowing peer-to-peer loans violates
bankright law. Anyone borrowing money from others and avoiding to pay
interest to the Federal Reserve will be prosecuted to fullest extent
of the law.

Cash_is_king,and_RodSpeed, don't_forget_it

May 3, 2008, 2:51:58 AM5/3/08
They dropped I-Bond rates to a core 0% interest. Peculiar that a means
of investment via the US dollar is being shunned as too plentiful and
not worthy of saving and loaning for gain. The inflation bond is not
meant to make one rich, but when you get 0% core rate and 4% annual
inflation rates, I think people would be wise to co-op the greenbacks
to each other instead of loaning to the government. RodSpeed, have you
ever thought of starting a bank? I do not know how Australia regulates
the loan industry, but a job that does not get your nails dirty sounds
like a dream.

Rod Speed

May 3, 2008, 3:47:22 AM5/3/08
Cash_is_king,and_RodSpeed, don't_forget_it <kwo...@hotmail.com> wrote

> They dropped I-Bond rates to a core 0% interest. Peculiar
> that a means of investment via the US dollar is being shunned
> as too plentiful and not worthy of saving and loaning for gain.

Thats not the reason for the drop or the lack of demand either.

> The inflation bond is not meant to make one rich, but
> when you get 0% core rate and 4% annual inflation rates,
> I think people would be wise to co-op the greenbacks
> to each other instead of loaning to the government.

Any bonds arent of much value when the interest rates are so low.

> RodSpeed, have you ever thought of starting a bank?

Nope, nothing to be gained by me doing that.

> I do not know how Australia regulates the loan industry, but
> a job that does not get your nails dirty sounds like a dream.

I've almost always had that sort of job.

William Souden

May 3, 2008, 9:56:06 AM5/3/08
Yes, welfare recipients never get their hands dirty.

Logan Shaw

May 3, 2008, 9:12:56 PM5/3/08
Cash_is_king,and_RodSpeed, don't_foregt_it wrote:
> Ben Bernanke today announced that allowing peer-to-peer loans violates
> bankright law.

Source? news.google.com has zero hits for "prosper.com injunction"
and zero hits for "prosper.com bernanke".

- Logan

Cheapo Groovo

May 4, 2008, 10:36:21 AM5/4/08
In article <481d0d03$0$3370$4c36...@roadrunner.com>, lshaw-
use...@austin.rr.com says...
You are correct, sounds like this thread is another phony.

http://www.cheapogroovo.com

Cash_is_king,and_RodSpeed, don't_forget_it

May 10, 2008, 8:06:40 AM5/10/08
On May 4, 10:36 am, Cheapo Groovo <c...@nospam.com> wrote:

> You are correct, sounds like this thread is another phony.
>
> http://www.cheapogroovo.com

You people have no sense of humor. Ben Bernanke is a fictional person.