Re: Is a person's weight really a reliable indicator of overall health?

Emu

Aug 24, 2008, 5:37:14 PM8/24/08
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, "Robin King" <mapl...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Out of sympathy for the trolls, who have not had Lady Veteran to
>rag on for a few days (they are going through withdrawal and starting
>to troll each other!), here is an on-topic article:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0leLrjA20xo

You got us there. How many gold medals did she win in the Olympics?

Robin King

Aug 24, 2008, 9:01:50 PM8/24/08
"Emu" <e...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Why not ask the troll who crossposted this and changed the
reference from
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/19/health/19well.html?_r=1&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&referer=sphere_related_content&referer=sphere_related_content&oref=slogin
?

Robin

jenius

Aug 28, 2008, 6:59:23 AM8/28/08
On Aug 24, 5:37 pm, e...@nowhere.com (Emu) wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, "Robin King" <maplet...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> >    Out of sympathy for the trolls, who have not had Lady Veteran to
> >rag on for a few days (they are going through withdrawal and starting
> >to troll each other!), here is an on-topic article:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0leLrjA20xo
>
> You got us there.  How many gold medals did she win in the Olympics?

how can your question be relevant in any way? its not about medals,
its about fitness. take that head out of the sand, Emu. jenius

Christopher Helms

Aug 28, 2008, 11:42:33 AM8/28/08
On Aug 24, 4:37 pm, e...@nowhere.com (Emu) wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, "Robin King" <maplet...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> >    Out of sympathy for the trolls, who have not had Lady Veteran to
> >rag on for a few days (they are going through withdrawal and starting
> >to troll each other!), here is an on-topic article:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0leLrjA20xo
>
> You got us there.  How many gold medals did she win in the Olympics?

You can't be waddling around, blown up like the Bullwinkle float in
The Macy's Parade and calling yourself fit at the same time. She's
obviously not exercising enough to deal with the cookies, peanut
butter M&M's, Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby and Double bacon and cheese
Whoppers that must surely be lurking around in her "diet." "Eating
routine" is probably a more accurate term than "diet," since she's not
even trying to diet. You don't just get John Candy fat without people
knowing you by your first name down at the Dairy Queen. There has to
be slack either on the eating side or the moving around side. It's
obviously both in her case, even though I'm not really faulting her
for being a disgusting butterball. We live in a land where fattening
food is widely, easily available and usually pretty damned cheap. It's
easy to succumb to temptation. In some cases over and over and over
again, obviously. But we should keep the term "Fit" out of this. She's
obviously making pretty regular trips to Bob Evans, The Outback
Steakhouse or someplace(s) that are nullifying whatever limited good
those trips to the gym are doing her. She's a tub and there's no
getting around it.

She's not fit. Let's not delude ourselves, that's all I'm saying.

Christopher Helms

Aug 28, 2008, 11:46:38 AM8/28/08
On Aug 24, 4:37 pm, e...@nowhere.com (Emu) wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, "Robin King" <maplet...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> >    Out of sympathy for the trolls, who have not had Lady Veteran to
> >rag on for a few days (they are going through withdrawal and starting
> >to troll each other!), here is an on-topic article:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0leLrjA20xo
>
> You got us there.  How many gold medals did she win in the Olympics?

If there was a 100 meter freestyle with a huge Fishermans Platter,
hushpuppies, slaw and a two liter bottle of ice cold Pepsi waiting at
the end, she'd beat Michael Phelps like a redheaded stepchild.