Frugal denture cleanser?

Mary Sunshine

Nov 1, 2008, 8:34:34 AM11/1/08

I've been using those commercial denture-cleanser tablets daily, and
although they work well, they add an expense item that I would rather
not have.

Is there anyone here who has discovered, or who uses, an alternative
to those tablets? What is your personal experience with this?

Thanks!

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Nov 2, 2008, 5:58:34 PM11/2/08

Have you tried baking soda for daily cleansing?? Also, a weekly soak
in a very very light Clorox bleach solution for about an hour does
wonders for stains. My aunts always used the weak bleach solution and
they never had that nasty denture odor, thank goodness.

E Z Peaces

Nov 2, 2008, 10:24:05 PM11/2/08

If I were using a bleach solution, I'd add baking soda. It buffers the
bleach to make it less caustic. It speeds bleaching. It adds cleaning
power. The bleach odor will rinse away more easily, too.