Anybody ever eaten a "Marquez burrito" ?

OhioGuy

Jan 8, 2008, 7:13:35 AM1/8/08
I have fond memories of stocking up the freezer with the el cheapo Marquez
Burritos. I think they came in color coded wrappers. There was a chili dog
one, a fiery red one, a yellow one that was cheese, a green one - I think
that was it, or maybe one more. Anyway, there was a good selection, and
they were 3 for a dollar.

I'm thinking that I got these at Aldi's for many years.

I went there yesterday, thinking that I would stock up, but they no longer
had them. Instead, they have a "one style fits all" burrito now called Casa
Mamita. It doesn't taste that bad, but I miss having a variety of flavors
to choose from as the mood strikes me. I especially miss the Marquez chili
dog burritos. Evidently Casa Mamita is Aldi's new store brand.

I did several searches online, but all I could find referring to Marquez
were two sources:

1) numerous calorie tables

&

2) http://www.soulcrafts.com/burrito.html

Does anyone out there happen to know who manufactures the Marquez brand of
burritos? I would really like to get on their website and find out if there
are still any grocery stores in the area that carry them. I miss having a
variety to choose from.

stle...@yahoo.com

Mar 6, 2008, 7:41:40 PM3/6/08
On Jan 8, 7:13 am, "OhioGuy" <n...@none.net> wrote:
>   I have fond memories of stocking up the freezer with the el cheapo Marquez
> Burritos.  I think they came in color coded wrappers.  There was a chili dog
> one, a fiery red one, a yellow one that was cheese, a green one - I think
> that was it, or maybe one more.  Anyway, there was a good selection, and
> they were 3 for a dollar.
>
>   I'm thinking that I got these at Aldi's for many years.
>
>   I went there yesterday, thinking that I would stock up, but they no longer
> had them.  Instead, they have a "one style fits all" burrito now called Casa
> Mamita.  It doesn't taste that bad, but I miss having a variety of flavors
> to choose from as the mood strikes me.  I especially miss the Marquez chili
> dog burritos.  Evidently Casa Mamita is Aldi's new store brand.
>
>   I did several searches online, but all I could find referring to Marquez
> were two sources:
>
> 1) numerous calorie tables
>
> &
>
> 2)http://www.soulcrafts.com/burrito.html

>   Does anyone out there happen to know who manufactures the Marquez brand of
> burritos?  I would really like to get on their website and find out if there
> are still any grocery stores in the area that carry them.  I miss having a
> variety to choose from.

We have two different kinds in our grocery in Michigan: bean with
cheese and beef with cheese. My husband SERIOUSLY misses the chili
dog burritos too! Have you had any luck tracking them down?

larry

Mar 6, 2008, 11:51:57 PM3/6/08

Just checked the freezer, Marquez wasn't last weeks 3/$1
special - Jose Ole was ;-) But Marquez is a common brand at
Carnival and Krogers, never saw chili dog, but green chili,
red chili, beef and bean(hot/spicy/mild), and bean and
cheese are a few varieties we see locally. They have 10 or
12 packs too, and also enchiladas. Patio is another common
brand. Walmart superstores sell Patio. I think some of those
brands are made by ConAgra, 3/$1. is now a sale price, they
are normally around 40 cents these days.

If Marquez is on sale this weekend, I'll get you the
manufacturer. They are all about the same, not gourmet, but
a quick 3 minute excuse for a no time lunch.

-- larry / dallas

corneli...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2008, 6:28:02 PM3/13/08
On Mar 7, 12:51 am, larry <f...@foobar.com> wrote:
> -- larry / dallas- Hide quoted text -

The manufacturer is windor food the same company that makes Jose Ole.
I have been calling them for the last two days in an effort to find
out who sells them and is it possible to order in bulk lol. will post
againwith update as the sales rep is out on business until monday. By
the way ohio guy Oklohoma is the real OU!!!!!!

pizzo...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2014, 1:44:56 PM12/13/14
I am from Cincinnati but live on the west coast now but I do remember and LOVED the chili dog burrito!
That was my go to late night snack. I used to get them at jungle jims, Biggs and meijers. I moved out here about 6 years ago. I was craving those things badly a couple years back so I asked a friend back in Ohio to ship me out a couple boxes but was informed no one had them. I contacted Marquez directly and they said the product was discontinued!
Such a shame, that was a unique product. While it was completely bad for you , it was a guilty pleasure that's now just a memory. I went as far as to write a couple letters to Marquez. Maybe one day they will bring them back.

joferjef...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2015, 1:08:39 AM8/9/15
I loved these things as I was eating them since 1989. Every color was awesome but I prefered the regular beef and bean. I havent seen these in years but if I did, id buy them all.

raymos...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2017, 11:50:17 PM1/10/17
MUCK FIAMI and MUCK INFERIOR SOY PASTE GROSS BURRITOS. I WANT MY MARQUEZ DAMNIT.

I've been looking all over Athens. This sucks.

baloos...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2018, 10:27:02 PM1/5/18
Marquez chimichanga was the bomb...where did it gi. Whie and gold wrapper

sheygi...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2019, 3:59:06 PM1/15/19
You can but the beef and been red wrapper "little juan beef and bean with chili" on amazon, west coast version of marquez.

jld...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2020, 3:02:41 PM2/4/20
I do remember them fondly. They have Tina's burritos now which are VERY similar. At Krogers. I used to love the orange, green and brown ones also.

madir...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2020, 5:42:03 PM3/6/20
On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 3:59:06 PM UTC-5, sheygi...@gmail.com wrote:
> You can but the beef and been red wrapper "little juan beef and bean with chili" on amazon, west coast version of marquez.

Wow. Thanks for posting this. I am going to order them as soon as I make room in my freezer.

toddint...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2020, 8:04:18 AM4/10/20
Anyone ever try putting a hot dog into a Bomb burrito, with hot sauce? I get ridiculed at work about that, but it's by people that have never tried it...of course.