SDTV with no audio out with home theater work? Please indulge me another dumb question OK?

m...@privacy.net

Feb 1, 2008, 4:45:50 PM2/1/08
Very tight budget here...

If I buy this SDTV will it work with a cheap home
theater system. If you read the reviews it was
mentioned that it has no audio out so cant work with
home theater system

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5633689

But if I buy this SD DVD recorder that has built in
atsc tuner.... can I hook the cheap home theater system
up to IT and get some decent sound?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5663208

Seerialmom

Feb 1, 2008, 7:04:42 PM2/1/08

Ummm...it has: A/V Outputs: Yes
So yes, a cheap Home Theater thing will work with it. Not sure where
they got that it has no "audio out" since it does? This is sort of
what I have now myself. Paid something like $119 for an AIWA 5
speaker home entertainment system a few years ago; works just fine.
But I route the cable to the VCR/DVR and then out to the TV. The
audio is routed from the VCR/DVR to the theater system (though I also
have the S-Video hooked up).