Can anyone update anything in the XM Radio account page (Listener Care)?

sd7...@alumni.com

Apr 28, 2008, 9:28:35 PM4/28/08
When I login to my account in xmradio.com, on the main page “Listener
Care” (https://xmro-secure.xmradio.com/listenercare/checkPermission.xm?
forwardto=/listenercare/sec/accountupdate/updateBillingInfo.xm ), if I
select option such as “Change Your Contact & Billing Information” or
“Change Contact Preferences” or “ Redeem a Gift Card”, it always pops
up a javascript message “We are in the process of updating your
account. Certain features will be inaccessible for the next 10
minutes. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.”
However, that message has ALWAYS been staying there, not just for 10
minutes, but for at least past 3 years. I had searched over the
Internet but nobody mentioned it. Why?

This prevents me from updating my account information online. It
forces me to call, which put me on hold forever. Even once I did call
and I mentioned the above problem to a rep, she told me to wait 10
minutes to retry; it would work. But it never worked. Thank God, I
used one-time use credit card number in the beginning. I simply called
my credit card company to cancel my number, and Xmradio will never be
able to bill me again.

Be the way, on a technical note, when I carefully examined the main
page’s script, I removed the redundant “forwarding” part in the URL
and change the original link (https://xmro-secure.xmradio.com/
listenercare/checkPermission.xm?forwardto=/listenercare/sec/
accountupdate/updateBillingInfo.xm ) to (
https://xmro-secure.xmradio.com/listenercare/sec/accountupdate/updateBillingInfo.xm
), it brought me to the Change Your Contact & Billing Information page
right away. I was glad I could bypass their defective webpage, only
did I realize later that I could not actually go any further from
there, because it would still show “We are in the process of updating
your account. Certain features will be inaccessible for the next 10
minutes. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.”
message again once I clicked the submit button. This time I could not
do anything, because the next step was a server side script.