what to do with old coffee?

chilis...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2008, 10:52:17 AM11/10/08
I got a dozen vacuum packed ground coffee packs that had best before
date a month ago.
What should I do with them? They are premium quality coffees.

The best before date was about a year after packing date. Maybe they
are still perfectly drinkable? Or should I use them for something
else? Maybe cooking or making coffee drinks or sumthing? Any clever
ideas?

John Weiss

Nov 10, 2008, 11:04:28 AM11/10/08
<chilis...@gmail.com> wrote...

If they have been cool all that time, drink them.

If they have been warm or subjected to temperature changes, use them as
fertilizer in the garden.

meow...@care2.com

Nov 10, 2008, 1:31:34 PM11/10/08

use them. The coffee is dried & sealed.

NT

Al Bundy

Nov 10, 2008, 4:22:27 PM11/10/08

By the way, it's OK to remove those tags from your pillows too.

The "best by" dates don't mean as much for coffee as they do for meat
or milk. I think the coffee would be good for years. It may not be
quite as good as new though.

Just because items are sealed does not mean there are no leaks. A well
sealed ink cart can dry up in a couple of years. You can open it and
the ink is dried. The volatile elements have escaped. Herbs and ground
coffee release volatile gasses that can escape as well.

Message has been deleted

aine...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2008, 8:57:36 PM11/10/08
i agree with john idea..
use it as fertilizer at your garden..
definitely!!

xoxo,
aineecumi

neway, my secret to release tension is playing this game <a
href=http://www.gamestotal.com> http://www.gamestotal.com </a> <a
href=http://uc.gamestotal.com> http://uc.gamestotal.com </a> <a
href=http://gc.gamestotal.com> http://gc.gamestotal.com </a> <a
href=http://3700ad.gamestotal.com> http://3700ad.gamestotal.com </a>

Fake ID

Nov 11, 2008, 12:09:37 AM11/11/08
In article <Pine.LNX.4.64.08...@sghcrg.sghcrg.pbz>,
barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:

>The worst you'll find, if the packages were not sealed is that they've
>gone rancid. But I think they'd need to be open like for 5 years or
>something. I wouldn't worry about it, I'd just use it and see. Won't
>kill ya.

...5 years...

Tonite, in the course of looking for a suitable empty storage container
I found the tupperware "coffee" container which still contains a few
scoops (scoop included) of ground coffee. But I know that the coffee
drinkers had switched to instant at least by 2000. So 10 years old is
probable and older very likely. Can ground coffee keep that long?
It smelled like coffee, was dry, didn't move under its own power.

Roger Shoaf

Nov 14, 2008, 12:34:14 PM11/14/08

<chilis...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Try drinking some. If it tastes ok to you then drink it, if it tastes bad
then toss it.

--
Roger Shoaf