Vornado space heater?

Ken Knecht

Dec 11, 2007, 9:18:27 AM12/11/07
I've decided to buy a Vornado space heater for my 12 x 12 bedroom. It
advertises it has superior heat distribution. My current heater isn't
doing well.

Anyone find out differently? Do they lie!?

TIA

Jeff

Dec 12, 2007, 3:30:33 AM12/12/07
Ken Knecht wrote:
> I've decided to buy a Vornado space heater for my 12 x 12 bedroom. It
> advertises it has superior heat distribution. My current heater isn't
> doing well.
>
> Anyone find out differently? Do they lie!?

Google is your friend:

/>

We found some conflicting reviews for Vornado Vortex portable heaters.
The Vornado VH2 (*est. $95) and Vornado EH1-0028-06 (also known as the
DVH or DVTH) (*est. $115) are very similar. The main difference is that
the DVH space heater has push-button controls and temperature readout,
while the cheaper VH2 has knob controls. Both have a fan that circulates
heated air (this type of heater is called forced convection). The
Vornado DVH is a favorite at Good Housekeeping magazine, where editors
say it heats a room quickly. However, owners posting comments to
Amazon.com say the Vornado space heaters can be fragile. Some report
breaking handles and knobs; others indicate that the fan stopped
working. Reviews for the more expensive Vornado space heater are better
overall.

I don't know why you are posting here when it's advertising that
sways you.

Jeff

> TIA

Chloe

Dec 12, 2007, 9:32:44 AM12/12/07
"Jeff" <dont_...@all.uk> wrote in message

I have an older version of the EH1. I use several months out of the year to
supplement heat in a north-facing 12 X 12 room that's distant from the
furnace. I've found it to be quiet, durable and very efficient.