what do you all do when the battery in your battery back-up dies for good?

www.Queensbridge.us

Feb 26, 2008, 4:39:31 PM2/26/08
I have a
Conext and an Energizer that both died after a few years.
Do you find a local source for cheap replacement batteries.
It cost too much for shipping for mail-order.

I bought last week a APC complete replacement unit for $20.00 AR at
Staples.
Is that the only way you would go, buy complete on sale

Most mail order places want more then that when you add in shipping.

please reply in NG or to
batteries
.@7183921.Info
which will close as soon as spam comes in

John Weiss

Feb 26, 2008, 5:21:15 PM2/26/08
"www.Queensbridge.us" <NOTv...@queensbridge.us> wrote...

>I have a
> Conext and an Energizer that both died after a few years.
> Do you find a local source for cheap replacement batteries.
> It cost too much for shipping for mail-order.
>

> I bought last week a APC complete replacement unit for $20.00 AR at
> Staples.
> Is that the only way you would go, buy complete on sale

Radio Shack had batteries for my Belkin UPS.

Rick

Feb 26, 2008, 9:51:59 PM2/26/08

www.batteries.com

Low prices on batteries more than offset the shipping fees. I paid
$15.00 for an Energizer replacement battery there that Eveready wanted
$49.99 for. YMMV depending on the battery model you need, but thankfully
UPS batteries are usually limited to less than a half dozen standard
models.

The only "local source" that used to carry them in store was Radio
Schlock. (You didn't say where you are located so it's kind of hard to
define "local"...) But sealed lead acid batteries are now a web order
only item. Last I looked they only carried one or two SLA batteries in
stores for alarm systems. And Radio Shack store prices were a lot more
expensive than mail order with shipping fees.

Too_Many_Tools

Feb 27, 2008, 1:39:06 AM2/27/08
On Feb 26, 8:51 pm, Rick <ricka...@rcn.com> wrote:
> www.Queensbridge.uswrote:

> > I have a
> > Conext and an Energizer that both died after a few years.
> > Do you find a local source for cheap replacement batteries.
> > It cost too much for shipping for mail-order.
>
> > I bought last week a APC complete replacement unit for $20.00 AR at
> > Staples.
> > Is that the only way you would go, buy complete on sale
>
> > Most mail order places want more then that when you add in shipping.
>
> > please reply in NG or to
> > batteries
> > ....@7183921.Info

> > which will close as soon as spam comes in
>
> www.batteries.com
>
> Low prices on batteries more than offset the shipping fees. I paid
> $15.00 for an Energizer replacement battery there that Eveready wanted
> $49.99 for. YMMV depending on the battery model you need, but thankfully
> UPS batteries are usually limited to less than a half dozen standard
> models.
>
> The only "local source" that used to carry them in store was Radio
> Schlock. (You didn't say where you are located so it's kind of hard to
> define "local"...) But sealed lead acid batteries are now a web order
> only item. Last I looked they only carried one or two SLA batteries in
> stores for alarm systems. And Radio Shack store prices were a lot more
> expensive than mail order with shipping fees.- Hide quoted text -

I would check with an alarm company.

Or check out Sears that sells sealed lead acid batteries for
wheelchairs.

OR watch out for specials for new UPSs...which will likely be cheaper
than buying a new battery.

TMT

Message has been deleted

Bob F

Feb 27, 2008, 6:26:17 PM2/27/08

"http://www.ActorsNYC.us" <ray.nor...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>well ... so far the last suggestions appears to be the most
>economical.

>when I mentioned local, what I meant was do people look for local
>sources wherever they are,
>medium to large cities.

There are a number of stores around my town that sell nothing but batteries of
many types. Could be worth check such places out.

Too_Many_Tools

Feb 27, 2008, 8:21:08 PM2/27/08
On Feb 27, 5:26 pm, "Bob F" <bobnos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "http://www.ActorsNYC.us" <ray.normand...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> many types. Could be worth check such places out.- Hide quoted text -

True...but in my experience their pricing tends to be rather
expensive.

Again price a new USP with rebates before springing for a new
battery..sad but true.

TMT

www.Queensbridge.us

Mar 1, 2008, 2:54:59 PM3/1/08
> TMT- Hide quoted text -

Yes,
I am finding that new unit w/rebate = less then mailorder battery +s/h

--
Incredibly low long distance phone rates. As low as USA-Canada 1.9CPM!
Works as prepaid phone card. PIN not needed for calls from home or