Problems with Onesuite long distance service?

Jonathan Grobe

Oct 14, 2005, 11:10:08 AM10/14/05
When I try their 800 number this morning
(1-800-315-9339), I am getting the message that
the number is invalid or blocked from my area
code.

Anyone else have this problem? Is it just a
temporary glitch--or something more permanent?

--
Jonathan Grobe Books
Browse our inventory of thousands of used books at:

Steve

Oct 14, 2005, 11:28:52 AM10/14/05
Jonathan Grobe <gr...@netins.net> wrote:
>When I try their 800 number this morning
>(1-800-315-9339), I am getting the message that
>the number is invalid or blocked from my area
>code.
>Anyone else have this problem? Is it just a
>temporary glitch--or something more permanent?

I talked to their customer service dept yesterday, said they were
having tech problems and the service would be down for a few hours.
Looks like that estimate was a bit on the low side...

The point of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a
well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting: Holy shit, what a ride!

googlem...@yahoo.com

Oct 14, 2005, 1:34:31 PM10/14/05
Me too. I hope they aren't out of business.

schu...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2005, 2:04:10 PM10/14/05
Same here in Washington state. I just tried to call their customer
service line and it says "All circuits are busy."

When I tried to login to the site I got a message saying the site was
down for maintenance. I too hope they haven't folded up. I've used
them quite happily for years.

Steve

Oct 14, 2005, 2:10:38 PM10/14/05
googlem...@yahoo.com wrote:
>Me too. I hope they aren't out of business.

Yeah, that was my first thought. That's one reason I stick to the
lowest amount ($10) when adding minutes. Their website seems to be
working ok, but that may not mean anything...

JackBenny

Oct 14, 2005, 3:09:06 PM10/14/05
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:10:08 +0000 (UTC), Jonathan Grobe
<gr...@netins.net> wrote:

>When I try their 800 number this morning
>(1-800-315-9339), I am getting the message that
>the number is invalid or blocked from my area
>code.
>
>Anyone else have this problem? Is it just a
>temporary glitch--or something more permanent?

Yes, it is 10/14/05 12:07 and I just called both the 800# and the
local numbers.
With the 800# I got nothing - no busy signal no ringing sounds, just
silence.
With the local #'s I got a message saying "I'm sorry you are having
problems, please call customer service".

Hope they are back up soon! If anyone finds out, please post here.

ww...@yahoo.com

Oct 14, 2005, 3:14:01 PM10/14/05

ww...@yahoo.com

Oct 14, 2005, 3:19:21 PM10/14/05
1010636 has also not been working these last two days, no dial tone,
just dead air.

Jason

Oct 14, 2005, 5:12:55 PM10/14/05
In article <slrndkviig...@worf.netins.net>, gr...@netins.net
says...

> When I try their 800 number this morning
> (1-800-315-9339), I am getting the message that
> the number is invalid or blocked from my area
> code.
>
> Anyone else have this problem? Is it just a
> temporary glitch--or something more permanent?

And, I thought it was my phone. But just so you know, I contacted them
with email and got a pretty quick response that says they are indeed
still in business but are experiencing a maintenance situation. Well, at
least they took the time to answer my questions, which is always nice. I
emailed them at sup...@onesuite.com. It should be fine for you to do it
too, if you need to.
Jason

googlem...@yahoo.com

Oct 14, 2005, 5:15:25 PM10/14/05
I just talked to Customer Service (10/14 at 5:12 EST). I was told that
they had a major system crash. She said they decided to upgrade their
system instead of just trying to fix the old server. She assured me
(with a giggle) they were NOT going out of business.

She hoped that things would be working by tomorrow, but being a Systems
person myself I'm not too hopeful.

Anyway, the good news is they will be back.

Jane

eric....@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2005, 6:51:24 PM10/14/05

frugalforlife.com

Oct 14, 2005, 9:39:17 PM10/14/05
I have been using their alternative 1 800 316-5123 - however now that
you mention it, that number gave me a busy this morning as well. hmmmm?

Russell

Oct 15, 2005, 8:21:22 AM10/15/05
1-800-315-9339 is still down at [Oct 15] 8:17 EST. Their customer service
number is now "blocked from my calling area". Can anyone successfully
contact CS at 1-866-41SUITE? If you try please post both successes and
failures. I can no longer sign in to my account either.

Russell

"Jonathan Grobe" <gr...@netins.net> wrote in message

Kleine

Oct 15, 2005, 11:36:05 AM10/15/05
I still cannot get through to OneSuite. While their phone message says
that e-mails to support get answered within 15 mins I just received
replies to my e-mails saying to expect a response within 24-48 hours.

I can no longer hold off on the phone call that I would like to make.
Does anyone have recommendations for any alternatives (preferably
pre-paid calling cards?). Karin

Bob

Oct 15, 2005, 1:05:10 PM10/15/05
It's Oct. 15, 2005 12:53pm EST and it still isn't working. I have
started looking at an alternate site
http://www.talkloop.com/
it looks fairly close to onesuite but I'm not able to use a local
number. Onesuite has been so good for so long that I hate to jump ship
but I can't be out service to much longer.
Bob

Steve

Oct 15, 2005, 1:36:27 PM10/15/05

Thanks for the tip, looks like a viable alternative if Onesuite has
indeed proceeded down the ol' porcelain parkway...

JackBenny

Oct 15, 2005, 2:03:45 PM10/15/05
It's OCt. 15 11am and I still cannot use Onesuite. Their access
numbers don't work and I can't even log in to the site.

I'm going to check out that other site mentioned above.

What sucks is that they don't even put a notice up on their web site.
Anyone who knows anything about web sites could put a "We are having
technical difficulties; expect to be back in service on [date]" notice
up, but no, they are leaving us hanging.

If this other company is any good I may just switch permanently. It's
one thing to have technical difficulties, it's another to not
communicate with your customers and let them know what is going on, as
per above.

Steve

Oct 15, 2005, 2:16:43 PM10/15/05
JackBenny <jack...@rochester.com> wrote:
>What sucks is that they don't even put a notice up on their web site.
>Anyone who knows anything about web sites could put a "We are having
>technical difficulties; expect to be back in service on [date]" notice
>up, but no, they are leaving us hanging.
>If this other company is any good I may just switch permanently. It's
>one thing to have technical difficulties, it's another to not
>communicate with your customers and let them know what is going on, as
>per above.

True, just keep in mind that the grass is always greener, there's no
evidence that talkloop would be any better in this regard...

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

...Noel Coward

JackBenny

Oct 15, 2005, 3:25:31 PM10/15/05

I signed up for talkloop.com for ten bucks, to try them out. I figure
this way, if onesuite comes back, I'll have a backup for those times
when one goes down or their access numbers are busy.

The only thing I noticed different about it that I didn't like is that
they only give you the option for 9 quick-dial numbers, 1 though 9, as
opposed to using numbers 1-100 like with onesuite. Otherwise it seems
pretty much the same. I'll post back here how the service is after I
use them a few times at least.

wea...@indiainfo.com

Oct 15, 2005, 3:47:03 PM10/15/05

one problem in a few years of using onesuite. although this might be
frustrating at the moment, i will not switch. onesuite is the cheapest
and most convienent long distance service out there. i will be patient
and will just buy a 7/11 calling card to use this weekend.

Jonathan Grobe

Oct 15, 2005, 3:54:35 PM10/15/05
On 2005-10-15, Kleine <schm...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I can no longer hold off on the phone call that I would like to make.
> Does anyone have recommendations for any alternatives (preferably
> pre-paid calling cards?). Karin

You can always go down to Walmart, the local supermarket, the
local convenience store... and buy a calling card.

wea...@indiainfo.com

Oct 15, 2005, 3:57:29 PM10/15/05
okay i got a hold of onesuite. i was in the phone queue for a few
minutes but i got a hold of someone. plus i did send an email and i got
the standard reply of "24 to 48 hours" but they responded in about 10
minutes after i receieved that message. both reps told me that 24 to 48
hours reply is standard but reps will get to an email within 15
minutes, which actually happened. and i did a bit of complaining for
jack benny. i complained about them not having a message on the website
explaining the problem and the rep told me there is a message. it is on
the log-in page and the check rates. i checked and she was right. hold
on folks. although this is maddening, i have faith in my onesuite.

Steve

Oct 15, 2005, 3:57:59 PM10/15/05
When I called the local access number this morning, there was a
recorded message saying that I could email sup...@onesuite.com for
more details about the outage, and they would respond within 15
minutes. I emailed them 4 hours ago, no response.

Steve

Oct 15, 2005, 5:01:52 PM10/15/05
wea...@indiainfo.com wrote:
>okay i got a hold of onesuite. i was in the phone queue for a few
>minutes but i got a hold of someone. plus i did send an email and i got
>the standard reply of "24 to 48 hours" but they responded in about 10
>minutes after i receieved that message. both reps told me that 24 to 48
>hours reply is standard but reps will get to an email within 15
>minutes, which actually happened. and i did a bit of complaining for
>jack benny. i complained about them not having a message on the website
>explaining the problem and the rep told me there is a message. it is on
>the log-in page and the check rates.

That's pretty dumb, it should be on the homepage. And it's not very
informative - "We're currently doing some maintenance on our system
and will be back on soon. We truely apologize for any inconvenience
caused." That's an acceptable message for an outage of an hour or
two, not for several days...

David M. Besonen

Oct 15, 2005, 5:37:13 PM10/15/05
hi all,

i've been using onesuite.com for long-distance for quite some time.

this is the worst outage i've ever experienced.

can anyone recommend an alternative?

besides lack of transparency, i do find onesuite's service to be of exceptional
value. but lack of transparency coupled with occasional outages is motivating me
to find a back-up provider.

one that i found today while googling is getpin.com. anyone have any opinion of
these folks? half an hour ago i signed up for a $10 account with them to check
the service out. they call and verify you are a real person before they activate
the account. unfortunately, they say this can take up to two hours. i'll let
you all know how it goes.

ciao,
david

David M. Besonen

Oct 15, 2005, 5:40:33 PM10/15/05
i did see the post about talkloop.com.

i'll check them out too and report back.

fyi, one of my biggest concerns is to find a provider that doesn't have any
hidden fees.

ciao,
david

David M. Besonen

Oct 15, 2005, 6:42:42 PM10/15/05
On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:40:33 -0700, David M. Besonen
<davidb.removetheprece...@panix.com> wrote:

>i did see the post about talkloop.com.
>
>i'll check them out too and report back.

well, i signed up for $10.

seemingly no waiting period. received an email after i activated my account
telling me that ". . . you are now ready to make calls . . .".

unfortunately, when i went to place a call, after i entered my PIN i heard this
message:

"I'm sorry, that is not a valid PIN number [sic]."

so much for instant activation.

david
---
I thought I finally understood everything.
Then I regained consciousness.
- pw (PhotonWrangler on candlepowerforums.com)

David M. Besonen

Oct 15, 2005, 11:37:08 PM10/15/05
On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 15:42:42 -0700, David M. Besonen
<davidb.removetheprece...@panix.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:40:33 -0700, David M. Besonen
><davidb.removetheprece...@panix.com> wrote:
>
>>i did see the post about talkloop.com.
>>
>>i'll check them out too and report back.
>
>well, i signed up for $10.
>
>seemingly no waiting period. received an email after i activated my account
>telling me that ". . . you are now ready to make calls . . .".
>
>unfortunately, when i went to place a call, after i entered my PIN i heard this
>message:
>
> "I'm sorry, that is not a valid PIN number [sic]."
>
>so much for instant activation.

no only that, when i attempted to login to my account later i received this error
message: "Username is expired"

fwiw, i was previously logged into my account, tweaking settings.

grrr . . . , doesn't bode well for this company or my $10.

david

Jonathan Grobe

Oct 16, 2005, 12:05:40 AM10/16/05
On 2005-10-15, David M Besonen <davidb.removetheprece...@panix.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i've been using onesuite.com for long-distance for quite some time.
>
> this is the worst outage i've ever experienced.
>
> can anyone recommend an alternative?

One alternative mentioned in this group (but I have
no experience whatsoever with it) is
http://www.pingo.com

Domestically (US) it is 3.2 cents/minute plus a
$.98 monthly account fee (plus payphone surcharge
when you use pay phone)

Anyone try it?

JackBenny

Oct 16, 2005, 12:56:51 AM10/16/05

I'm sure there was no message on the log in page when I checked. But
okay, so they got it up later. That's good.

Nevertheless I am glad this happened so that now I found (thanks to
someone's recommendation here) talkloop.com which will be my back-up.
And if I have many more problems with onesuite then talkloop will be
my main ld service.

David M. Besonen

Oct 16, 2005, 12:57:02 AM10/16/05
On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:37:13 -0700, David M. Besonen
<davidb.removetheprece...@panix.com> wrote:

>one that i found today while googling is getpin.com. anyone have any opinion of
>these folks? half an hour ago i signed up for a $10 account with them to check
>the service out. they call and verify you are a real person before they activate
>the account. unfortunately, they say this can take up to two hours. i'll let
>you all know how it goes.

ok, first off these folks are really nocard.com (although you *cannot* login to
the nocard.com website with a getpin username/password). also, nocard.com
appears to have different features.

getpin came thru in the way they stated they would. i received a phone call from
getpin 1 hour and 50 minutes after i placed my order. my account was authorized
and i immediately made a long-distance call.

the quality of the connection seemed a tick below what i'm used to with onesuite.
specifically, a very very slight delay (annoying but not a show-stopper). of
course this may have been an isolated event. as i continue to use this card i
will report back my findings.

additionally, there are a couple other things to mention about the getpin
service.

with getpin, the "time" you put on your "card" never expires. this is different
than onesuite where if you leave your card unused for a period of time, any
balance on your card gets erased (unless onesuite has changed their policies
recently).

getpin allows calling records to be retrieved for six months (twice the official
duration of onesuite).

getpin has an "International Call-Back Service via website" feature.

these are the only differences i noticed at first glance. there are probably
more differences (including some cons) to using getpin. if you notice any please
post them here.

finally, i spoke with the getpin web developer about setting up a getpin forum to
increase transparency between getpin and it's customers. the web developer was
excited to hear this suggestion and said that he was going to get a getpin forum
up and running in the next couple of days.

if getpin really endeavors to become more transparent i will definitely start
using them as my primary service provider (onesuite will become my backup
provider).

ciao,
david

JackBenny

Oct 16, 2005, 1:02:20 AM10/16/05
On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 20:37:08 -0700, David M. Besonen
<davidb.removetheprece...@panix.com> wrote:

I signed up with talkloop.com for $10, today, got my account set up,
immediately made a quick call just to see if it rang through with my
quick call code (not having to dial the whole number, just 1#, 2#,
etc.) and then later today my wife made a long distance call and she
said it was just fine, no problems at all.

So I will continue to use onesuite until or unless they have more
problems, but if they have more outages then I will try going full
time with talkloop.com.

Russell

Oct 16, 2005, 7:50:17 AM10/16/05
> So I will continue to use onesuite until or unless they have more
> problems, but if they have more outages then I will try going full
> time with talkloop.com.

Onesuite is still down Oct 16 at 7:38 EST. However, the customer service
number appears to have come back. After 11 minutes on hold, I was able to
talk to a live person. They said they expect the service to be back
tomorrow morning.

Russell

Ward Abbott

Oct 16, 2005, 7:54:47 AM10/16/05
On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:50:17 GMT, "Russell"
<russell7...@THISearthlink.net> wrote:

>Onesuite is still down Oct 16 at 7:38 EST. However, the customer service
>number appears to have come back. After 11 minutes on hold, I was able to
>talk to a live person. They said they expect the service to be back
>tomorrow morning.

I am not holding my breath.....looking at talkloop.com since they have
a local number and calls will be 2 cents instead of 2.9 with
onesuite.com

Message has been deleted

googlem...@yahoo.com

Oct 16, 2005, 9:29:23 AM10/16/05
I signed up for TalkLoop yesterday ($10). Got my PIN via email and
tried it - no problem.

I will probably continue with OneSuite, that is if they ever fix their
problems, although TalkLoop is about half the price for calls when I
use their local access numbers.

Also, I had noticed a deterioration in connection quality with OneSuite
lately. Maybe it will improve if/when they upgrade.

Anyway - it's TalkLoop for now.

Steve

Oct 16, 2005, 11:14:17 AM10/16/05
"Russell" <russell7...@THISearthlink.net> wrote:
>Onesuite is still down Oct 16 at 7:38 EST. However, the customer service
>number appears to have come back. After 11 minutes on hold, I was able to
>talk to a live person. They said they expect the service to be back
>tomorrow morning.

Good news if true. Pretty stupid of them not to post that on their
homepage, might save them a bunch of defections.

"She plunged into a sea of platitudes,
and with the powerful stroke of a channel swimmer,
made her confident way toward the white cliffs of the obvious."

...W. Somerset Maugham

bitz...@yahoo.com

Oct 16, 2005, 12:00:36 PM10/16/05
Signed up with talkloop.com for $10 also. Made an international call
within 5 minutes. Quality seemed comparable.

I'm very disappointed with the level of service from Onesuite. Was
unable to speak with a live support person; e-mails to
sup...@onesuite.com went unresponded. I really hope they haven't just
folded up and walked away with out $$$.

George

Oct 16, 2005, 12:08:21 PM10/16/05

Isn't this a case of "you get what you pay for"? Why would you expect
stellar service from an outfit whose business model is to be cheap?

Steve

Oct 16, 2005, 1:53:03 PM10/16/05
George <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>Isn't this a case of "you get what you pay for"? Why would you expect
>stellar service from an outfit whose business model is to be cheap?

Uhhh, perhaps because we've received uninterrupted stellar service for
years?

Rod Speed

Oct 16, 2005, 2:36:41 PM10/16/05
Steve <ah...@pkj.inv> wrote
> George <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote

>> Isn't this a case of "you get what you pay for"? Why would you expect
>> stellar service from an outfit whose business model is to be cheap?

> Uhhh, perhaps because we've received
> uninterrupted stellar service for years?

You cant understand basic economic realitys ? Your problem.

They clearly werent getting enough cash flow to
make real backup possible, so you get to wear
the consequences of that when the shit hits the fan.

Steve

Oct 16, 2005, 2:59:38 PM10/16/05
"Rod Speed" <rod_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Isn't this a case of "you get what you pay for"? Why would you expect
>>> stellar service from an outfit whose business model is to be cheap?
>
>> Uhhh, perhaps because we've received
>> uninterrupted stellar service for years?
>
>You cant understand basic economic realitys ? Your problem.
>They clearly werent getting enough cash flow to
>make real backup possible, so you get to wear
>the consequences of that when the shit hits the fan.

Ahhh, finally Rod weighs in on another subject about which he knows
approximately zero, with his usual pathetic need to boost his ego at
the expense of others.

Rod Speed

Oct 16, 2005, 3:18:46 PM10/16/05
Some gutless fuckwit desperately cowering behind
Steve <ah...@pkj.inv> desperately attempted to
bullshit its way out of its predicament and fooled
absolutely no one at all, as always.

SoCalMike

Oct 16, 2005, 4:59:19 PM10/16/05
Jonathan Grobe wrote:
> On 2005-10-15, Kleine <schm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I can no longer hold off on the phone call that I would like to make.
>> Does anyone have recommendations for any alternatives (preferably
>> pre-paid calling cards?). Karin
>
> You can always go down to Walmart, the local supermarket, the
> local convenience store... and buy a calling card.

sams and costco have the cheapest cards, FWIW.

Steve

Oct 16, 2005, 5:40:27 PM10/16/05

Is this your new sig file?

Rod Speed

Oct 16, 2005, 5:45:36 PM10/16/05

AllstonPar...@hotmail.com

Oct 16, 2005, 7:01:52 PM10/16/05
David M. Besonen wrote:
> with getpin, the "time" you put on your "card" never expires. this is different
> than onesuite where if you leave your card unused for a period of time, any
> balance on your card gets erased (unless onesuite has changed their policies
> recently).

Onesuite doesn't erase your balance after 6 months. They disable your
account, but if you add more money, you get back what you had in
addition.

-Apr

Message has been deleted

Rod Welfare Speed

Oct 16, 2005, 7:45:30 PM10/16/05

Steve wrote:
> "Rod Speed" <rod_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Some gutless fuckwit desperately cowering behind
> >Steve <ah...@pkj.inv> desperately attempted to
> >bullshit its way out of its predicament and fooled
> >absolutely no one at all, as always.
>
> Is this your new sig file?

Google "Some gutless fuckwit desperately cowering behind".

Oh man, I almost feel sorry for him, he tries so hard to sound smart
and then his white-trash roots take over and blow his cover.

David M. Besonen

Oct 16, 2005, 8:03:08 PM10/16/05

hey, thanks for that info. i've never let my onesuite account lapse and was
basing my knowledge on the information on the onesuite website (which either i
misinterpreted or they didn't spell out very clearly).

ciao,

William Souden

Oct 16, 2005, 2:47:27 PM10/16/05
Rod Speed wrote:

> You cant understand basic economic realitys ? Your problem.
>
> They clearly werent getting enough cash flow to
> make real backup possible, so you get to wear
> the consequences of that when the shit hits the fan.

Your cash flow is a welfare check.

Sardine Man

Oct 16, 2005, 8:56:16 PM10/16/05
On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:01:52 -0700, Steve <ah...@pkj.inv> wrote:
>wea...@indiainfo.com wrote:
>>okay i got a hold of onesuite. i was in the phone queue for a few
>>minutes but i got a hold of someone. plus i did send an email and i got
>>the standard reply of "24 to 48 hours" but they responded in about 10
>>minutes after i receieved that message. both reps told me that 24 to 48
>>hours reply is standard but reps will get to an email within 15
>>minutes, which actually happened. and i did a bit of complaining for
>>jack benny. i complained about them not having a message on the website
>>explaining the problem and the rep told me there is a message. it is on
>>the log-in page and the check rates.
>
>That's pretty dumb, it should be on the homepage. And it's not very
>informative - "We're currently doing some maintenance on our system
>and will be back on soon. We truely apologize for any inconvenience
>caused." That's an acceptable message for an outage of an hour or
>two, not for several days...

I'm now able to log in, and the "My Account" page has a more descriptive
message:

Dear OneSuite Customers,

We have recently experienced a hardware failure during our routine
maintenance. Unfortunately, it had effected both our primary and back up
server at the same time. Not being able to obtain critical components
over the weekend has prolonged our expected maintenance schedule.
However, we are very optimistic that our service will be back in no
time.

If your calls and emails to our Customer Support Center have not been
answered is because of the high volume inquiries. Please kindly be
patient, because we will NOT overlook any one of our customers.

Please kindly remember to include your OneSuite user name, PIN, or phone
number, in your inquiry, in order for us to expedite the reply, and
provide a temporary solution for you. We sincerely apologize for the
inconvenience caused, and thank you again for your understanding and
great patience.

Vice President, Customer Support

Donald Nash

I guess the moral is, do your maintenance on Monday rather than Friday, in
case you break something in the process. Or else, find a hardware support
vendor with true 24x7 support.

Cheers

Steve

Oct 16, 2005, 9:25:03 PM10/16/05
Sardine Man <m...@nospam.com> wrote:
>I'm now able to log in, and the "My Account" page has a more descriptive
>message:
> We have recently experienced a hardware failure during our routine
> maintenance. Unfortunately, it had effected both our primary and back up
> server at the same time. Not being able to obtain critical components
> over the weekend has prolonged our expected maintenance schedule.
> However, we are very optimistic that our service will be back in no
> time.
>
> If your calls and emails to our Customer Support Center have not been
> answered is because of the high volume inquiries. Please kindly be
> patient, because we will NOT overlook any one of our customers.
>
> Please kindly remember to include your OneSuite user name, PIN, or phone
> number, in your inquiry, in order for us to expedite the reply, and
> provide a temporary solution for you. We sincerely apologize for the
> inconvenience caused, and thank you again for your understanding and
> great patience.
>
>I guess the moral is, do your maintenance on Monday rather than Friday, in
>case you break something in the process. Or else, find a hardware support
>vendor with true 24x7 support.

Other morals:

...Don't promise a 15-minute response to emails, then not respond at
all.

...Put this message on the homepage, don't require users to sign in to
see it. And make it the outgoing message for callers to tech support.

..."very optimistic that our service will be back in no time" is a
worthless time estimate. How about "We expect to be back online by
9:00 AM Monday Oct 17. If we cannot meet that deadline, we will post
an updated repair estimate on our homepage."

JackBenny

Oct 17, 2005, 4:39:27 AM10/17/05
On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:08:21 -0400, George <geo...@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>Isn't this a case of "you get what you pay for"?

No. Their service has always been good. Anyone can have an outage or
technical problem.

>Why would you expect
>stellar service from an outfit whose business model is to be cheap?

The problem isn't the outage, per se, it's the way they have dealt
with it, which would not have cost much more money at all. All they
had to do was put a message on their HOME PAGE saying when they
expected service to be reinstated and "check back here for updates",
but no, they made you look for it and then when you found their
message it said nothing. Wouldn't have cost any more to write a
message that said something, and put it on the home page.

Same with answering e-mails. They could have set up an auto-response,
stating the problem and when they expected it to be repaired for
little money.

Their problem was customer service, not cheapness, and that customer
service is probably going to cost them business, so being "cheap" if
that WAS the case was not very thrifty or smart. Sometimes in order to
be thrifty you have to choose quality; their customer service did not
reflect quality.

JackBenny

Oct 17, 2005, 4:40:19 AM10/17/05
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 07:45:36 +1000, "Rod Speed" <rod_...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Kill filed.

SMS

Oct 17, 2005, 7:23:20 AM10/17/05
Sardine Man wrote:

> I'm now able to log in, and the "My Account" page has a more descriptive
> message:
>
> Dear OneSuite Customers,
>
> We have recently experienced a hardware failure during our routine
> maintenance. Unfortunately, it had effected both our primary and back up
> server at the same time. Not being able to obtain critical components
> over the weekend has prolonged our expected maintenance schedule.
> However, we are very optimistic that our service will be back in no
> time.

"our service will be back in no time?"

What kind of stupid statement is that?

I've been using them for a while, and they've always been fine, but I
think that onesuite is a very small operation that didn't do back-ups.

Actually, a weekend outage is better than a weekday outage in some ways,
since most cellular plans have free weekends along with free long distance.

SMS

Oct 17, 2005, 7:32:20 AM10/17/05
JackBenny wrote:

> The problem isn't the outage, per se, it's the way they have dealt
> with it, which would not have cost much more money at all. All they
> had to do was put a message on their HOME PAGE saying when they
> expected service to be reinstated and "check back here for updates",
> but no, they made you look for it and then when you found their
> message it said nothing. Wouldn't have cost any more to write a
> message that said something, and put it on the home page.

Now their web site says that you can make calls, but only with a PIN, by
calling their local or toll-free access numbers. This is half-true, the
toll-free number works, but not the local access number (at least where
I am in California). This was the case at 4:30 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time.

Message has been deleted

George

Oct 17, 2005, 9:12:42 AM10/17/05
SMS wrote:
> Sardine Man wrote:
>
>> I'm now able to log in, and the "My Account" page has a more descriptive
>> message:
>>
>> Dear OneSuite Customers,
>>
>> We have recently experienced a hardware failure during our routine
>> maintenance. Unfortunately, it had effected both our primary and
>> back up
>> server at the same time. Not being able to obtain critical components
>> over the weekend has prolonged our expected maintenance schedule.
>> However, we are very optimistic that our service will be back in no
>> time.
>

> "our service will be back in no time?"
>
> What kind of stupid statement is that?

One that is appropriate for the class of company you are dealing with.
They charge less because they are not an enterprise class operation. For
some reason users will often think that even though they are paying less
for something they should get the same class of service as if they were
paying more to a company whose business model includes better and
redundant equipment and more staff at a higher price.

George

Oct 17, 2005, 9:15:05 AM10/17/05
Steve wrote:
> "Rod Speed" <rod_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Some gutless fuckwit desperately cowering behind
>>Steve <ah...@pkj.inv> desperately attempted to
>>bullshit its way out of its predicament and fooled
>>absolutely no one at all, as always.
>

> Is this your new sig file?

It sure seems that way. And it also seems that whatever "rod speed" is
is incable of normal conversation.

George

Oct 17, 2005, 9:21:08 AM10/17/05

Actually you received that service only by accident and not by planning.
Their business model is to operate cheap. To do that you have to leave
out most of the concepts that normal businesses have regarding failover
and redundancy. Thats where "you get what you pay for" comes in.

George

Oct 17, 2005, 9:37:50 AM10/17/05
JackBenny wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:08:21 -0400, George <geo...@nospam.invalid>
> wrote:
>

>>Isn't this a case of "you get what you pay for"?
>

> No. Their service has always been good. Anyone can have an outage or
> technical problem.

After seeing the inner workings of many companies like this and judging
by what has transpired so far I would say they are operating on a
shoestring (which is OK if you sell cheap).

>>Why would you expect
>>stellar service from an outfit whose business model is to be cheap?
>

> The problem isn't the outage, per se, it's the way they have dealt
> with it, which would not have cost much more money at all. All they
> had to do was put a message on their HOME PAGE saying when they
> expected service to be reinstated and "check back here for updates",
> but no, they made you look for it and then when you found their
> message it said nothing. Wouldn't have cost any more to write a
> message that said something, and put it on the home page.

> Same with answering e-mails. They could have set up an auto-response,
> stating the problem and when they expected it to be repaired for
> little money.
>
> Their problem was customer service, not cheapness, and that customer
> service is probably going to cost them business, so being "cheap" if
> that WAS the case was not very thrifty or smart. Sometimes in order to
> be thrifty you have to choose quality; their customer service did not
> reflect quality.

But you need staff to do this. Even putting up a web page or setting up
an autoresponder is a big deal if you have 4 balls in the air because
your system is toast and you don't have redundant equipment/disaster
recovery plan in place.

Steve

Oct 17, 2005, 10:25:56 AM10/17/05
George <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>> Uhhh, perhaps because we've received uninterrupted stellar service for
>> years?

>Actually you received that service only by accident and not by planning.

1. Who cares?

2. How many years of "accident" before it starts to resemble
planning?

Steve

Oct 17, 2005, 10:28:28 AM10/17/05
George <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>> "our service will be back in no time?"
>> What kind of stupid statement is that?
>
>One that is appropriate for the class of company you are dealing with.
>They charge less because they are not an enterprise class operation. For
>some reason users will often think that even though they are paying less
>for something they should get the same class of service as if they were
>paying more to a company whose business model includes better and
>redundant equipment and more staff at a higher price.

That's nonsense. It doesn't cost anything to speak in plain language.
And to have an outgoing message that doesn't sound like a robot.

SMS

Oct 17, 2005, 11:38:11 AM10/17/05
George wrote:
> SMS wrote:
>
>> Sardine Man wrote:
>>
>>> I'm now able to log in, and the "My Account" page has a more descriptive
>>> message:
>>>
>>> Dear OneSuite Customers,
>>>
>>> We have recently experienced a hardware failure during our routine
>>> maintenance. Unfortunately, it had effected both our primary and
>>> back up
>>> server at the same time. Not being able to obtain critical components
>>> over the weekend has prolonged our expected maintenance schedule.
>>> However, we are very optimistic that our service will be back in no
>>> time.
>>

>> "our service will be back in no time?"
>>
>> What kind of stupid statement is that?
>

> One that is appropriate for the class of company you are dealing with.

Come on. They could say, "We expect service to be restored by Monday
October 17th, by 5:00 p.m.," rather than "our service will be back in no
time." That doesn't cost them any extra money, or require a world class
company.

EdPark...@nospamgmail.com

Oct 17, 2005, 1:08:06 PM10/17/05
In article <B4KdnfaOlPC...@adelphia.com>, geo...@nospam.invalid
says...
They are back up and running. Why is everyone getting so aggro, OneSuite
offers the cheapest service around and you are upset over a little text
on a website. Yeah, I would have preferred to know the exact time they
were going to go live again, but maybe they didn't know themselves. When
companies have outages there is no timeline often. One time a truck hit
a major powerline near my office and we had no power for a day. We had
to wait until the city fixed the problem. I am just happy they are still
available to me. If this happens again maybe I will complain about words
on a website, but for now, I am just happy they are back in business.

George

Oct 17, 2005, 1:52:10 PM10/17/05
Steve wrote:
> George <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>>>Uhhh, perhaps because we've received uninterrupted stellar service for
>>>years?
>

>>Actually you received that service only by accident and not by planning.
>

> 1. Who cares?

You seem to be pretty interested...

George

Oct 17, 2005, 1:58:30 PM10/17/05
Steve wrote:
> George <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>>>"our service will be back in no time?"
>>>What kind of stupid statement is that?
>>
>>One that is appropriate for the class of company you are dealing with.
>>They charge less because they are not an enterprise class operation. For
>>some reason users will often think that even though they are paying less
>>for something they should get the same class of service as if they were
>>paying more to a company whose business model includes better and
>>redundant equipment and more staff at a higher price.
>

> That's nonsense. It doesn't cost anything to speak in plain language.
> And to have an outgoing message that doesn't sound like a robot.

That wasn't my point at all. I am talking about the actual
infrastructure they have.The quality of their voicemail announcements
has little to do with it. Enterprise class operations have multiple
backup, geographicaly dispersed and non-production systems for software
testing/debuging in place to prevent the sort of meltdown that happened.

Steve

Oct 17, 2005, 2:09:49 PM10/17/05
<EdPark...@nospamgmail.com> wrote:
>They are back up and running. Why is everyone getting so aggro, OneSuite
>offers the cheapest service around and you are upset over a little text
>on a website.

They're not the cheapest service around. And it's not too much to ask
for them to be relatively cheap and not relatively stupid.

Steve

Oct 17, 2005, 2:15:19 PM10/17/05

>>>One that is appropriate for the class of company you are dealing with.
>>>They charge less because they are not an enterprise class operation. For
>>>some reason users will often think that even though they are paying less
>>>for something they should get the same class of service as if they were
>>>paying more to a company whose business model includes better and
>>>redundant equipment and more staff at a higher price.
>>

>> That's nonsense. It doesn't cost anything to speak in plain language.
>> And to have an outgoing message that doesn't sound like a robot.
>
>That wasn't my point at all. I am talking about the actual
>infrastructure they have.The quality of their voicemail announcements
>has little to do with it.

We have in fact been receiving the same quality of servce as the most
expensive long distance providers. The temporary outage was not the
problem, it was the stupidity of their communications regarding the
outage. Infrastructure has zero to do with that.

mypet

Oct 17, 2005, 2:22:28 PM10/17/05
I tried to use it this morning and it kept asking me for my "card #".
I don't HAVE a card that I've ever used on onesuite. Anybody have a
clue what they are wanting?

JackBenny

Oct 17, 2005, 2:40:30 PM10/17/05
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:08:06 GMT, <EdPark...@nospamgmail.com>
wrote:

It's just a matter of respect for your customers as opposed to not
caring. Putting up a REAL message on the HOME PAGE of their site would
have showed some respect for their customers, that's all. There was no
reason to leave us almost totally in the dark about what was
happening.

Rod Speed

Oct 17, 2005, 2:55:51 PM10/17/05
Steve <ah...@pkj.inv> wrote
> George <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote

>>> "our service will be back in no time?"
>>> What kind of stupid statement is that?

>> One that is appropriate for the class of company you
>> are dealing with. They charge less because they are
>> not an enterprise class operation. For some reason
>> users will often think that even though they are paying
>> less for something they should get the same class of
>> service as if they were paying more to a company
>> whose business model includes better and redundant
>> equipment and more staff at a higher price.

> That's nonsense.

Nope.

> It doesn't cost anything to speak in plain language.

It isnt possible to speak in plain language in their situation.

Only a fool would say "we're such a small operation that we
didnt have decent backups for our hardware and we dont have
high priced contracts that ensure replacement within x hours,
so we just dont know exactly when the system will be back"

Whatever they claim about both the main system and the
backup failing simultaneously, that is clearly a lie and the
reality is that they didnt have adequate redundancey and
they have such low margins that it makes sense to just upgrade
when it fails and wear the downsides of no service for days.

For all you know they could have had a fire
etc and didnt have any real redundancy at all.

No enterprise class operation would do it like that, stupid.

Rod Speed

Oct 17, 2005, 2:57:48 PM10/17/05

Yes it does, its clearly an amateur operation that just
doesnt know when the system will be back and which
chose to waffle when the restore time is unknown.

123

Oct 17, 2005, 2:58:55 PM10/17/05
JackBenny <jack...@rochester.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod_...@yahoo.com> wrote

>> Some gutless fuckwit desperately cowering behind
>> Steve <ah...@pkj.inv> desperately attempted to
>> bullshit its way out of its predicament and fooled
>> absolutely no one at all, as always.

> Kill filed.

No one actually gives a flying red fuck what you choose to read.

Steve

Oct 17, 2005, 3:03:13 PM10/17/05
"Rod Speed" <rod_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> It doesn't cost anything to speak in plain language.
>
>It isnt possible to speak in plain language in their situation.
>
>Only a fool would say "we're such a small operation that we
>didnt have decent backups for our hardware and we dont have
>high priced contracts that ensure replacement within x hours,
>so we just dont know exactly when the system will be back"

Never asked for that, see previous posts. You're inching further
along toward the killfile.

Steve

Oct 17, 2005, 3:04:37 PM10/17/05
"Rod Speed" <rod_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Come on. They could say, "We expect service to be restored by Monday
>> October 17th, by 5:00 p.m.," rather than "our service will be back in
>> no time." That doesn't cost them any extra money, or require a world
>> class company.
>
>Yes it does, its clearly an amateur operation that just
>doesnt know when the system will be back and which
>chose to waffle when the restore time is unknown.

You wanna judge amateur operations based on communications and web
sites? Check out most of the Fortune 500.

latmu

Oct 17, 2005, 3:09:54 PM10/17/05
JackBenny <jack...@rochester.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:08:21 -0400, George <geo...@nospam.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Isn't this a case of "you get what you pay for"?

> No.

Yep.

> Their service has always been good.

But clearly didn't have real redundancy.

> Anyone can have an outage or technical problem.

Anyone with a clue designs the system so that those
aren't visible to the customers by having real redundancy.

>> Why would you expect
>> stellar service from an outfit whose business model is to be cheap?

> The problem isn't the outage, per se, it's the way they have dealt
> with it, which would not have cost much more money at all.

Wrong, real redundancy costs money.

> All they had to do was put a message on their HOME PAGE
> saying when they expected service to be reinstated

And when they are replacing what they have
been using, it isnt clear when that will be.

> and "check back here for updates", but no, they made you look
> for it and then when you found their message it said nothing.
> Wouldn't have cost any more to write a message that said
> something, and put it on the home page.

It would cost more to have real redundancy so there
was never any downtime visible to the customers.

> Same with answering e-mails. They could have set
> up an auto-response, stating the problem and when
> they expected it to be repaired for little money.

Likely they have so few techs that they were
concentrating on replacing what had failed
and didnt have spares that could do that.

> Their problem was customer service, not cheapness,

Wrong. They cant do the customer service the way you
want it done if they dont have the monkeys to provide that,
because their cashflow is too low to have techs sitting
around doing nothing so they can do auto responders etc.

> and that customer service is
> probably going to cost them business,

Yes, but having full redundancy would have cost them too.

> so being "cheap" if that WAS the case

Corse that was the case, there's a reason
they are one of the cheapest around.

> was not very thrifty or smart.

You dont know that unless you know how much they saved
by running that sort of cheap operation and comparing it with
how much business they lost when the brown stuff hit the fan.

By definition full redundancy costs
real money and is hardly ever used.

> Sometimes in order to be thrifty you have to choose quality;

Pity that quality has to be paid for and you then have
to charge more and may well lose even more customers
because you are no longer one of the cheapest.

> their customer service did not reflect quality.

Only a fool would expect one of the cheapest operations
to be a qualify operation when the brown stuff hits the fan.
That ALWAYS costs real money to provide.

Rod Speed

Oct 17, 2005, 3:20:56 PM10/17/05
Steve <ah...@pkj.inv> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod_...@yahoo.com> wrote

>>> It doesn't cost anything to speak in plain language.

>> It isnt possible to speak in plain language in their situation.

>> Only a fool would say "we're such a small operation that we
>> didnt have decent backups for our hardware and we dont have
>> high priced contracts that ensure replacement within x hours,
>> so we just dont know exactly when the system will be back"

> Never asked for that, see previous posts.

Completely useless. They cant speak plain language because
even someone as stupid as you should be able to grasp that
they would look bad if they did speak plain language, stupid.

If they waffle, fools like you and Benny who havent got a clue
about running a low cost operation on a shoestring will just
get all excited about the wording of their advisorys etc and
wont focus on the FACT that they are a tiny little operation
flying by the seat of their pants with no real redundancy at
all, with the inevitability of glitches where you wont be able
to say when it will return when you operate like that.

> You're inching further along toward the killfile.

No one actually give a flying red fuck
what stupids like you choose to read.

Jonathan Grobe

Oct 17, 2005, 3:21:36 PM10/17/05
They want your PIN number. Don't you carry around a card
in your billfold listing your PIN number so you can make
calls away from home? The number will usually start with
your home phone number followed by 4 additional digits.

You used to be able to get this from the Onesuite website--
but I don't see it there now.

--
Jonathan Grobe Books
Browse our inventory of thousands of used books at:
http://www.grobebooks.com

Steve

Oct 17, 2005, 3:24:55 PM10/17/05
"Rod Speed" <rod_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> You're inching further along toward the killfile.
>
>No one actually give a flying red fuck
>what stupids like you choose to read.

See, you'd be in the file already, except that all the groups you post
to have a waiting list to killfile you. It's now going on 2 years.

Rod Speed

Oct 17, 2005, 3:25:36 PM10/17/05
Steve <ah...@pkj.inv> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod_...@yahoo.com> wrote

>>> Come on. They could say, "We expect service to be restored
>>> by Monday October 17th, by 5:00 p.m.," rather than "our service
>>> will be back in no time." That doesn't cost them any extra money,
>>> or require a world class company.

>> Yes it does, its clearly an amateur operation that just
>> doesnt know when the system will be back and which
>> chose to waffle when the restore time is unknown.

> You wanna judge amateur operations
> based on communications and web sites?

Nope, I actually decide that they are an amateur operation
based on the FACT that they were clearly flying by the seat
of their pants with no real redundancy and are clearly running
on such low margins that it makes sense to upgrade the
hardware that has failed and wear the loss of service for days.

They clearly dont even have enough monkeys to do an
autoresponder for emails when the system is flat on its
face and what monkeys they do have are deciding what
to do about replacing the failed hardware.

The last thing that matters is the web site in that situation, stupid.

Steve

Oct 17, 2005, 3:26:48 PM10/17/05
"latmu" <er...@nopam.com> wrote:
>But clearly didn't have real redundancy.
>Anyone with a clue designs the system so that those
>aren't visible to the customers by having real redundancy.
>Wrong, real redundancy costs money.
>It would cost more to have real redundancy so there
>was never any downtime visible to the customers.
>Yes, but having full redundancy would have cost them too.

Can always tell when Rod is trying out a new alias, just check out the
pathetic redundancies.

latmu

Oct 17, 2005, 3:28:16 PM10/17/05

There was every reason, they clearly dont have enough monkeys
to do the web site properly when the brown stuff has hit the fan
and they have very little working hardware to provide a service with.

They clearly are running around like their arse is on fire given
that you can now call with a PIN and the ZIP service isnt back yet.

That stuff is MUCH more important than the web site
because its what produces their cash flow, stupid.

Steve

Oct 17, 2005, 3:28:52 PM10/17/05
"latmu" <er...@nopam.com> wrote:
>Only a fool would expect one of the cheapest operations
>to be a qualify operation when the brown stuff hits the fan.
>That ALWAYS costs real money to provide.

On that scale, you're clearly way below the poverty line.

Logan Shaw

Oct 17, 2005, 3:41:10 PM10/17/05
Sardine Man wrote:
> I'm now able to log in, and the "My Account" page has a more descriptive
> message:
>
> Dear OneSuite Customers,
>
> We have recently experienced a hardware failure during our routine
> maintenance. Unfortunately, it had effected both our primary and back up

It's "affected", not "effected".

> server at the same time. Not being able to obtain critical components
> over the weekend has prolonged our expected maintenance schedule.

> However, we are very optimistic that our service will be back in no
> time.
>
> If your calls and emails to our Customer Support Center have not been
> answered is because of the high volume inquiries. Please kindly be

Should have ", it" after "answered".

> patient, because we will NOT overlook any one of our customers.

"any one" is awkward; just "any" would be better.

> Please kindly remember to include your OneSuite user name, PIN, or phone
> number, in your inquiry, in order for us to expedite the reply, and

All three commas on this line should be removed. Every one of them is
incorrect.

> provide a temporary solution for you. We sincerely apologize for the
> inconvenience caused, and thank you again for your understanding and
> great patience.

Again, because the stuff after the comma is not a complete clause (with
a subject and verb), the comma is unnecessary and incorrect.

> Vice President, Customer Support
>
> Donald Nash

It's customary to put the title after the name.

Now I know one reason OneSuite is able to charge so little: even the VP
doesn't have a secretary available who can read over and correct the
grammar and punctuation of his correspondence.

> I guess the moral is, do your maintenance on Monday rather than Friday, in
> case you break something in the process. Or else, find a hardware support
> vendor with true 24x7 support.

If the machines are truly that mission critical, the best solution is to keep
your own inventory of spare parts or even complete spare computers (and
other equipment). Any reasonable server hardware vendor will have a spare
parts catalog from which you can order whatever you need in advance. Even
enterprise-class "platinum" customer support contracts that cost thousands
per year per machine sometimes cannot get you every part when you need it.
Your chances are better with that kind of hardware support, but you're
still relying on someone who has limited liability and who won't be the
one losing thousands or millions of dollars in revenue each day that the
system is down.

Also, to be honest, OneSuite's story that their upgrade caused both their
main and backup hardware to fail sounds fairly suspicious. It's not
impossible if, say, they were working on the backup power system and they
screwed up and caused an overvoltage for all their equipment, but it is
pretty tough to screw it up that badly, provided you know what the hell
you're doing and have a plan and all that.

The point is that, overall, the clues seem to point toward the idea
that OneSuite is not exactly competent...

- Logan

Steve

Oct 17, 2005, 6:31:15 PM10/17/05
"Rod Speed" <rod_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>They clearly dont even have enough monkeys to do an
>autoresponder for emails when the system is flat on its
>face and what monkeys they do have are deciding what
>to do about replacing the failed hardware.

Or maybe they do have enough monkeys, but they're all named Rod and
are therefore worthless.

Steve

Oct 17, 2005, 6:34:32 PM10/17/05
"latmu" <er...@nopam.com> wrote:
>There was every reason, they clearly dont have enough monkeys
>to do the web site properly when the brown stuff has hit the fan

Yeah, right. They posted a message on an interior page requiring
login because it obviously would have taken far more effort to put the
same message on the homepage instead. The only possible explanation
for this is that Rod is actually president of Onesuite.

Steve

Oct 17, 2005, 6:38:57 PM10/17/05
Logan Shaw <lshaw-...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>The point is that, overall, the clues seem to point toward the idea
>that OneSuite is not exactly competent...

Could well be true. Dontcha feel sorry for those poor folks who used
Onesuite's service for years, with zero problems, and saved all that
money? Had they only known Onesuite was incompetent, they could have
stayed with AT&T, spent far more money, and received no better
service. Doubtless this is what Rod would have done.

Rod Speed

Oct 17, 2005, 8:23:31 PM10/17/05
Steve <ah...@pkj.inv> wrote
> Logan Shaw <lshaw-...@austin.rr.com> wrote

>> The point is that, overall, the clues seem to point
>> toward the idea that OneSuite is not exactly competent...

> Could well be true. Dontcha feel sorry for those poor folks who
> used Onesuite's service for years, with zero problems, and saved all
> that money? Had they only known Onesuite was incompetent, they
> could have stayed with AT&T, spent far more money, and received
> no better service. Doubtless this is what Rod would have done.

Wrong, as always. I just use more than one of the cheapest
adequate performers so I will always have a backup when
the inevitable happens, and the shit hits the fan with one of them.

And I've never silly enough to whine when the cheap operators
dont have the same reliability as the expensive operations, stupid.

Rod Speed

Oct 17, 2005, 8:27:34 PM10/17/05
Steve <ah...@pkj.inv> wrote
> latmu <er...@nopam.com> wrote
>> JackBenny <jack...@rochester.com> wrote

>>> It's just a matter of respect for your customers as opposed to not caring.
>>> Putting up a REAL message on the HOME PAGE of their site would
>>> have showed some respect for their customers, that's all. There was no
>>> reason to leave us almost totally in the dark about what was happening.

>> There was every reason, they clearly dont have enough monkeys

>> to do the web site properly when the brown stuff has hit the fan

> Yeah, right. They posted a message on an interior page
> requiring login because it obviously would have taken far more
> effort to put the same message on the homepage instead.

Or they had enough of a clue to not put it on the main page
where potential customers could see it, only where existing
customers could see it, so it wouldnt put potential customers off.

You quite sure you are actually rocket scientist material ?

William Souden

Oct 17, 2005, 8:38:32 PM10/17/05
Rod Speed wrote:ff.

> You quite sure you are actually rocket scientist material ?

Another original thought from Mr. Welfare.

Steve

Oct 17, 2005, 8:43:21 PM10/17/05
"Rod Speed" <rod_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>And I've never silly enough to whine when the cheap operators
>dont have the same reliability as the expensive operations, stupid.

Just curious, do you have a single friend in the entire world? Anyone
who can stomach being around you for more than 30 seconds at a time?

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

...George Bernard Shaw

Rod Speed

Oct 17, 2005, 8:52:05 PM10/17/05
Some gutless fuckwit desperately cowering behind
Steve <ah...@pkj.inv> wrote just the puerile shit thats
all it can ever manage. Having fun, child ?

William Souden

Oct 17, 2005, 9:11:00 PM10/17/05
Steve wrote:
> "Rod Speed" <rod_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> And I've never silly enough to whine when the cheap operators
>> dont have the same reliability as the expensive operations, stupid.
>
> Just curious, do you have a single friend in the entire world? Anyone
> who can stomach being around you for more than 30 seconds at a time?

Note that in his posts Mr. Welfare never mentions
friends,family,job,vacation,leisure time or retirement plans.

JackBenny

Oct 18, 2005, 7:28:33 PM10/18/05
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 01:11:00 GMT, William Souden <sou...@nospam.com>
wrote:

Why don't you guys just kill-file him and stop responding to him?
Frankly, your replies to him are almost as bad as his posts and you
too are moving toward kill-file status as a result. I would like to
keep your posts but more and more they are consistently just responses
to Rod Speed...

JackBenny

Oct 18, 2005, 7:31:18 PM10/18/05
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 05:28:16 +1000, "latmu" <er...@nopam.com> wrote:

>There was every reason, they clearly dont have enough monkeys
>to do the web site properly when the brown stuff has hit the fan
>and they have very little working hardware to provide a service with.
>
>They clearly are running around like their arse is on fire given
>that you can now call with a PIN and the ZIP service isnt back yet.
>
>That stuff is MUCH more important than the web site
>because its what produces their cash flow, stupid.

Doesn't it bother you AT ALL that in order to get people to read your
messages you have to change your name because you are kill-filed?

latmu

Oct 18, 2005, 8:20:07 PM10/18/05
JackBenny <jack...@rochester.com> wrote
> latmu <er...@nopam.com> wrote

Nope, brainless prats like you have never ever amounted to a hill of beans.

I'll keep rubbing your stupid pig ignorant nose in your mindless shit forever.