Free software.

Gordon

Jun 25, 2008, 9:02:45 PM6/25/08
At the risk of looking like a spammer (But, I'm not trying
to sell anything). There is nothing for sale on this site.

I found a web site a while back that maintianed a list
of the 47 best freeware applications. For those who
don't know, "Freeware" is software that is totally free.
Much of it is very good (The Linux opperating system,
Picasa from Google, AVG antivirus, etc).

Well, "Gizmo" Richards has totaly redone his web site
and has recruited about 60 volunteer editors to help
maintain one of the best freeware evaluation sites on
the web. The list of evaluated freeware is way over 100
now.

Now you don't have to buy commercial software, or take
a chance on unknown freeware. Find the best of the best,
the cream of the crop, right here.

www.techsupportalert.com

I would like to say that I have no connection with the site.
But, I have to admit that I have contributed articles to the site.

Obviously I think it's a great site. And saving money on
software is in keeping with the mission of this group.
(I think we had a discussion thread on it once).
So enjoy.

Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply

Jun 25, 2008, 10:54:06 PM6/25/08
Gordon wrote:

> Now you don't have to buy commercial software, or take
> a chance on unknown freeware. Find the best of the best,
> the cream of the crop, right here.

The site of freeware programs recommended by the readers of the
newsgroup news:alt.comp.freeware is located at
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org, and not only does it have an
impressive collection of "best of" freeware, but it has links to lots of
other sites that have lists of freeware.

Gordon

Jun 26, 2008, 1:04:44 AM6/26/08
Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply <sam...@TRASHsonic.net> wrote in

> http://www.pricelesswarehome.org

Also a good site, with a different approch.

Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply

Jun 26, 2008, 3:20:07 PM6/26/08

Yup. The more resources the better, as far as I'm concerned.

Cheapo Groovo

Jul 1, 2008, 11:09:03 AM7/1/08
Thanks for posting that link!

http://www.cheapogroovo.com