Saturn cars- more cracked cylinder heads due to mfgr flaws

1 view

misterfact

Apr 12, 2008, 3:28:46 PM4/12/08
Saturn (GM) STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE

When we at GM discover an epidemic costly flaw in our cars (like
casting flaws in our cylinder heads that will cause the head to
eventually CRACK); and before we become aware of the problem, tens of
thousands of cars with the flaw have gone off the assembly line to
dealers and customers

We withold that information (sending out a service notice) for as
long
as we can- so as to get as many of those cars affected, OVER the
warranty period. That way, we are not liable to cover the cost of the
repair or replacement and we are able to cut our loses!

Also: If a new car customer who has been taking his car to the dealer
for regular scheduled maintainance, CHANGES ADDRESS, and the dealer
fails to notify the company of the new address and because of this
dealer failure- we send out a service notice to the old address and
thus the notice never reaches the customer:

When the service notice is returned to us as "undeliverable"; we will
NOT make any attempt to reach the customer at his new address and
notify him of the service notice. We are not liable for our dealer's
failure nor will we take any action against our dealer for this
failure
in an attempt to compensate the customer,should he have been unaware
of
the notice and suffers a costly repair bill after his warranty has
run
out!

Anyone who doubts the above policy can contact (among many others):
Grand Rapids (Michigan) Saturn.

(That is; if anyone there admits his knowledge of and has the COURAGE
to verify the above policy)
signed.

Michael Cohrman
misterf...@yahoo.com

The above policy is known by many but I have never seen it posted
anywhere. If you want to verify or deny the above policy from your
own
experience- please do!

Want specific examples of GM witholding costly information on their
cars? Contact: misterf...@yahoo.com

Patricia of Bath ME (9/15/03):
Cylinder head cracked, Saturn is aware there is a problem but their
position is, if it didn't happen in 6 years or 100,000 miles
(whichever
came first) I'm out of luck. Of course the local dealer will fix it
for
$1,800. I own a 1994 Saturn SW1 with 94,502 miles. The service
bullentin came out in 1999. I believe that they knew it to be a
defect
in the parts they used and it should be fixed no matter what the age
of
the car.

Of couse they would like the public to think that after their
timeframe
the car will never have the problem or by magic it will repair
itself.
If the only humans worked this way after 6 years all birth defects
would just disappear. What a wonderful world it would be. All I have
say is -- dream on, Saturn. I can't wait to get the car fixed and
trade
it in for another car.

Re: GM standard operating proceedure [ To: misterfact | Post
296013896, reply to 296013865 ] (Score: 2)

Cylinder head cracked, Saturn is aware there is a problem but their
position is, if it didn't happen in 6 years or 100,000 miles
(whichever came first) I'm out of luck.

(think I'm going to buy a Toyota pickup. I've always been a Dodge
man,
and I'd love to have a new Cummins, but I think I'm done with
American
auto companies.

I think I want a Toyota or a Nissan, club cab, full size. Something
my
dogs can ride in with me.

.

misterfact
(nonconformist)

Saturn recalls

http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-recalls/03-int/saturn/l-series/...

misterfact
(nonconformist)
01/18/08 09:54 AM
Re: GM standard operating proceedure [ To: Jhoffa_ | Post
296013960, reply to 296013929 ] (Score: 1)

Saturn has made over 100,000 cars with casting flaws in their
cylinder
heads. The flaw causes the head to crack- usually after the warranty
expires.

This figure was given to me by a Saturn "insider".

http://www.carreview.com/mfr/saturn/midsize-compact/PRD_15473_1531crx...

as I am concerned these lemons have built in flaws.With only 56000
miles and a dedicated maintanance regime we now face a $4000.00
repair
cost for replacing something on just about everything. Speed sensor,
transmission valve and a computer overhaul. We thought we had made a
good choice when we bought this car 6 years ago. My wife loved it. We
were treated great by all the staff at Saturn and it seemed to us
that
we were getting a fine automobile......Then the warranty ran out and
so did all the friendlyness. We now face a bill almost 1/4 the size
of
what we paid for it originaly. We are going to do the minimum to get
it running and dump this turkey. We have started looking around for a
minivan and believe me, it won't be a Saturn. They should be ashamed
of themselves for foisting an inferior product on trusting people.
(But I doubt they are.)

Weaknesses:
Constant problems with the air conditioning.I bet you've read that
one
before. Things start falling apart after the warranty expires. too
many built in flaws in my opinion.

Lou

Apr 13, 2008, 10:21:29 AM4/13/08

"misterfact" <miste...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Also: If a new car customer who has been taking his car to the dealer
> for regular scheduled maintainance, CHANGES ADDRESS, and the dealer
> fails to notify the company of the new address and because of this
> dealer failure- we send out a service notice to the old address and
> thus the notice never reaches the customer:
>

> When the service notice is returned to us as "undeliverable"; we will
> NOT make any attempt to reach the customer at his new address and
> notify him of the service notice. We are not liable for our dealer's
> failure nor will we take any action against our dealer for this
> failure
> in an attempt to compensate the customer,should he have been unaware
> of
> the notice and suffers a costly repair bill after his warranty has
> run
> out!

I don't know about any of your other accusations, but what other
merchant/business is required to track you down when you move? Your bank,
perhaps? Or your insurance company? Magazine subscriptions? Credit card
companies? Standard procedure when you move is that YOU notify the
organizations with which you do buisiness of your new address. And to tide
you over while everyone is updating their systems, you notify the Post
Office to forward your mail to your new address.

Same thing when you trade/sell your car. Do you make the effort to tell the
manufacturer that you no longer own the vehicle and tell them who does? If
you get a recall notice, do you send it on to the person to whom you sold
the car?

George Grapman

Apr 13, 2008, 10:33:00 AM4/13/08

George

Apr 13, 2008, 10:51:57 AM4/13/08

But recall notices aren't sent out by the dealer. I bought a used
vehicle from a third party and a month later got a recall notice. They
found me because the manufacturers get your information from the vehicle
registration database.

Vic Smith

Apr 13, 2008, 12:34:04 PM4/13/08
On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:51:57 -0400, George <geo...@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>But recall notices aren't sent out by the dealer. I bought a used
>vehicle from a third party and a month later got a recall notice. They
>found me because the manufacturers get your information from the vehicle
>registration database.

Same here. About a year after I bought an 8 year-old car I got a
recall notice. VIN registration search with the state I suppose.
Probably mandated by the guv. Got a followup too when I didn't take
it in for a month or so. Took it in to a dealer, and the notices
stopped.

--Vic

Lou

Apr 13, 2008, 12:40:19 PM4/13/08

"Vic Smith" <thismaila...@comcast.net> wrote in message

So it sounds like the original poster's contention, on this score at least,
doesn't stand up to the facts. S/he's just making up a complaint and
treating it like it's real.

misterfact

Apr 16, 2008, 12:48:42 PM4/16/08
On Apr 13, 9:21 am, "Lou" <lpog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "misterfact" <misterf...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> the car?- Hide quoted text -

Here's something for you to learn, mr. unaware:

When you take your new car into a dealer for maintainance, they keep a
record of any new address and send it on to the company to that you
can receive any service notice. Every dealer except Saturn!

George Grapman

Apr 16, 2008, 12:54:12 PM4/16/08

I still get stuff from Saturn after I moved. If Saturn is
not doing this you should file a complain with NHTSA.

misterfact

Apr 21, 2008, 1:47:18 PM4/21/08
On Apr 16, 11:54 am, George Grapman <sfgeo...@paccbell.net> wrote:
> misterfactwrote:
> not doing this you should file a complain with NHTSA.- Hide quoted text -

I'm sure the NHTSA is aware of occassional dealure notification
failures in this area. You have to realize that the NHTSA did not
recognize a cracked engine as a safety issue. Otherwise they would
probably have mandated a recall

misterfactLIES

Apr 21, 2008, 2:42:45 PM4/21/08
In article <f2d0df7b-e81b-4ce5-bda6-a883973567f9
@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, miste...@yahoo.com says...

> > > When you take your new car into a dealer for maintainance, they keep a
> > > record of any new address and send it on to the company to that you
> > > can receive any service notice. Every dealer except Saturn!
> >
> >   I still get stuff from Saturn after I moved. If Saturn is
> > not doing this you should file a complain with NHTSA.- Hide quoted text -

> I'm sure the NHTSA is aware of occassional dealure notification
> failures in this area. You have to realize that the NHTSA did not
> recognize a cracked engine as a safety issue. Otherwise they would
> probably have mandated a recall

Why should they numbnuts? Is the powertrain attached to the seatbelts or
airbag? Does a stalled engine prevent your brakes from operating?

Answers:
No, no, and no.

misterfact

Apr 28, 2008, 1:30:25 PM4/28/08
On Apr 21, 1:42 pm, misterfactLIES <misterfactL...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In article <f2d0df7b-e81b-4ce5-bda6-a883973567f9
> @l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, misterf...@yahoo.com says...

view MisterfactLies's profile:
Profile

This account has been banned because it violated the Google Groups
Terms Of Use.

(terms of use require poster to SUBSTANTIATE labeling another poster
as a "liar")

misterfactLIES

Apr 28, 2008, 4:13:32 PM4/28/08
In article <5c8e5f79-ab76-4693-8f23-8cfb5986d55a@
26g2000hsk.googlegroups.com>, miste...@yahoo.com says...

> > > I'm sure the NHTSA is aware of occassional dealure notification
> > > failures in this area. You have to realize that the NHTSA did not
> > > recognize a cracked engine as a safety issue. Otherwise they would
> > > probably have mandated a recall
> >
> > Why should they numbnuts? Is the powertrain attached to the seatbelts or
> > airbag? Does a stalled engine prevent your brakes from operating?
> >
> > Answers:
> > No, no, and no.
>
> view MisterfactLies's profile:
> Profile
>
> This account has been banned because it violated the Google Groups
> Terms Of Use.

Hmmm... Look, I'm still on the usenet. Neat huh?

> (terms of use require poster to SUBSTANTIATE labeling another poster
> as a "liar")

Oh? Where did you pull this from? I see no such text in the TOS
http://groups.google.com/intl/en/googlegroups/terms_of_service3.html

Is this another lie perhaps? Yup, sure is. What else would one expect
from Michael Korman the pathological liar.

Speaking of google lets see what your profile rating is...
Here it is, "1 star" out of "1786 ratings" and "1775 post" thus far.
Lol... Most trolls don't even do THAT poorly.

rnister...@yahoo.com

Apr 29, 2008, 11:08:15 AM4/29/08

I work for Saturn. I hate to see people lie about a great company!
Saturn makes great cars.I'de love to beat some sense into misterfact
(Mike Korman), but since I'm too stupid and lazy to refute anything he
says with facts; and I'm too cowardly to go over to his house and re-
arrange his brain-I decided to go to a lot of expence and waste my
precious tim to find out who he is, where he lives and his phone
number-then plaster it all over the internet..

That way someone else might go over to his house and do the job for
me, or else call him up in the middle of the night.

I guess I could sue him for defaming the company, but that means
I'de have to face him in court and document all his lies, which again,
I don't know how to do or am to lazy to do.

MisterfactLIES

Apr 29, 2008, 4:14:33 PM4/29/08
In article <50953598-0b6f-4c8b-a239-11fa0aaf837c@
24g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, Butthurt Korman posing as me says...

> I work for Saturn. I hate to see people lie about a great company!

When and where did I ever say I work for Saturn? Yet another lie which
from you is no surprise. Btw was "I hate to see people lie" as close as
we get to an admission that you lie? Because every time you are caught
in a blatant lie you will not respond to it.

> Saturn makes great cars.I'de love to beat some sense into misterfact
> (Mike Korman), but since I'm too stupid and lazy to refute anything he
> says with facts;

I refute your opinions with facts on a regular basis.
Clearly you're missing them.
Also, as I've pointed out, your "facts" change.
Mind explaining that?

> and I'm too cowardly to go over to his house and re-
> arrange his brain-

Why is it the only person that threatens to harm you is you?
Quote: "SHOOT ME!"
Lots of self hate there. It must stem from being a failure all your
life. I simply enjoy irritating you. Clearly I'm doing a good job of it.
Hey when is "sance_re" going to return to defend you? Or are you going
to keep posing as me?

> I decided to go to a lot of expence and waste my
> precious tim to find out who he is, where he lives and his phone
> number-then plaster it all over the internet..

A lot of expense? Hardly. Google searches are fast and easy. You are
nothing but a hobby to me. If you were intelligent and actually worried
about yourself you would have stopped trolling after your info was
outed. Clearly you're not intelligent enough to stop trolling.

> That way someone else might go over to his house and do the job for
> me, or else call him up in the middle of the night.

Why would you think this? Hmmmm?Maybe because you know you are an
irritating lying asshole? Anything that may or may not happen will be
entirely your doing. (You know one of those "the victim is at fault"
deals like your view on gun owners that choose not to use a safe.) Your
information was already put out there by you. I simply took a little
time to gather it up and post it.

> I guess I could sue him for defaming the company, but that means
> I'de have to face him in court and document all his lies, which again,
> I don't know how to do or am to lazy to do.

Or because I don't work for Saturn and I'm not interested in turning a
hobby into a job. What makes you think I give a flying fuck about
saturn? If you would pay attention you know I reply to many of your
irrational post. Oh, still as miserable as ever I see. Now I see you're
threatening to shoot marines. You're a real winner aren't you.

misterfact

May 2, 2008, 4:39:58 PM5/2/08

BTW - my muffler strap rusted out in 2.5 years. In areas with a lot of
salt on the road- you can expect it to rust out in as little as a year
on older models. Maybe they've spent 25 cents to improve the strap. I
don't know.

That's the only "lie" you've pointed out so far. Keep trying