Video on the internet

Gordon

Apr 17, 2008, 6:21:17 PM4/17/08
Besides u-tube.
I recently let my cable TV get disconnected. Good
riddence to that waste of $50.00 per month. THe problem
is, over the air reception sux. Now, I know that I
can get network programming at their web sites,
some are better than others. THere is also Hulu.com.
Also Cartoon network, Disney, and Nick have video
feeds.

But does anyone know where there is a site that has a
comprehensive feed of video programing simular to what
can be found on cable TV.

Thanks.

Rod Speed

Apr 17, 2008, 6:47:11 PM4/17/08
Gordon <go...@alltomyself.com> wrote:

> Besides u-tube.
> I recently let my cable TV get disconnected.
> Good riddence to that waste of $50.00 per month.
> THe problem is, over the air reception sux.

It doesnt if you use digital TV.

> Now, I know that I can get network programming at their web
> sites, some are better than others. THere is also Hulu.com.
> Also Cartoon network, Disney, and Nick have video feeds.

> But does anyone know where there is a site that
> has a comprehensive feed of video programing
> simular to what can be found on cable TV.

No such animal.

You dont say what you would like to watch, but most of what
appears on cable TV can be downloaded using torrents etc.
Not the more obscure stuff tho.

Gordon

Apr 20, 2008, 11:14:32 PM4/20/08
"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in news:66q2bhF2jmmfoU1
@mid.individual.net:

> Gordon <go...@alltomyself.com> wrote:
>
>> Besides u-tube.
>> I recently let my cable TV get disconnected.
>> Good riddence to that waste of $50.00 per month.
>> THe problem is, over the air reception sux.
>
> It doesnt if you use digital TV.

Gee Rod, thanks for that piece of trivia. I'll just
go out and plop down a couple of thou for a new DTV.

>> Now, I know that I can get network programming at their web
>> sites, some are better than others. THere is also Hulu.com.
>> Also Cartoon network, Disney, and Nick have video feeds.
>
>> But does anyone know where there is a site that
>> has a comprehensive feed of video programing
>> simular to what can be found on cable TV.
>
> No such animal.

Actually it does and it's called iptv.
It's a bit obscure right now, but it's out there.

> You dont say what you would like to watch, but most of what
> appears on cable TV can be downloaded using torrents etc.
> Not the more obscure stuff tho.

Ah yeah, I'm aware of torents and I avoid them like the
plauge. They are like unprotected sex. A very good way to
get a virus.

Rod Speed

Apr 21, 2008, 1:26:26 AM4/21/08
Gordon <go...@alltomyself.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote
>> Gordon <go...@alltomyself.com> wrote:

>>> Besides u-tube.
>>> I recently let my cable TV get disconnected.
>>> Good riddence to that waste of $50.00 per month.
>>> THe problem is, over the air reception sux.

>> It doesnt if you use digital TV.

> Gee Rod, thanks for that piece of trivia. I'll just
> go out and plop down a couple of thou for a new DTV.

You dont need to do anything like that. $10 for a set top box after you get a coupon.

>>> Now, I know that I can get network programming at their web
>>> sites, some are better than others. THere is also Hulu.com.
>>> Also Cartoon network, Disney, and Nick have video feeds.

>>> But does anyone know where there is a site that
>>> has a comprehensive feed of video programing
>>> simular to what can be found on cable TV.

>> No such animal.

> Actually it does and it's called iptv.

Nope, thats nothing like cable TV.

> It's a bit obscure right now, but it's out there.

But its nothing like cable TV.

>> You dont say what you would like to watch, but most of what
>> appears on cable TV can be downloaded using torrents etc.
>> Not the more obscure stuff tho.

> Ah yeah, I'm aware of torents and I avoid them like the plauge.
> They are like unprotected sex. A very good way to get a virus.

Completely trivial to use a decent antivirus, plenty of which are free.

Lee K

Apr 21, 2008, 10:54:27 AM4/21/08

"Gordon" <go...@alltomyself.com> wrote in message

> "Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in news:66q2bhF2jmmfoU1
> @mid.individual.net:
>
>>> THe problem is, over the air reception sux.
>>
>> It doesnt if you use digital TV.
>
> Gee Rod, thanks for that piece of trivia. I'll just
> go out and plop down a couple of thou for a new DTV.

Get one of the digital/analog converters (use the $40 coupon: I hear the
converters go for $50 at Wal*Mart)..