Should I renew my AIG auto insurance policy or not?

void.no....@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2008, 11:17:00 PM10/6/08
My auto insurance policy is with AIG, and it is about to expire. The
rate is pretty good, so I want to renew the policy, but I wonder if I
should look for another company, given their problems? Will AIG
disappear, or does their bailout mean they definitely won't disappear?

John A. Weeks III

Oct 6, 2008, 11:31:58 PM10/6/08
In article
<fbce85d2-bcab-4e2a...@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
"void.no....@gmail.com" <void.no....@gmail.com> wrote:

What problems? AIG auto insurance company has not had any problems,
and they are as solid as rock. The company that has problems was
another company, also called AIG, but is in the business of
insuring investment deals and bonds. Each of the various AIG
companies are separate corporations held by a holding company.
One going bust doesn't hurt any of its siblings, and even the
one that had problems didn't go bust since the government helped
it out a bit with a loan.

-john-

John A. Weeks III           612-720-2854            jo...@johnweeks.com
Newave Communications                         http://www.johnweeks.com

George Grapman

Oct 6, 2008, 11:44:04 PM10/6/08
John A. Weeks III wrote:
> In article
> <fbce85d2-bcab-4e2a...@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
> "void.no....@gmail.com" <void.no....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My auto insurance policy is with AIG, and it is about to expire. The
>> rate is pretty good, so I want to renew the policy, but I wonder if I
>> should look for another company, given their problems? Will AIG
>> disappear, or does their bailout mean they definitely won't disappear?
>
> What problems? AIG auto insurance company has not had any problems,
> and they are as solid as rock. The company that has problems was
> another company, also called AIG, but is in the business of
> insuring investment deals and bonds. Each of the various AIG
> companies are separate corporations held by a holding company.
> One going bust doesn't hurt any of its siblings, and even the
> one that had problems didn't go bust since the government helped
> it out a bit with a loan.
>
> -john-

Same thing with Wachovia Bank. I met a rep for Wachovia Securities
the other day. They are still in business under the same name,

Tony

Oct 7, 2008, 9:30:59 AM10/7/08
Depends if insurance is mandatory in the state in which you live. Up in
CanaDUH the pigs knock you up for 5 to 20 thousand if you don't have
insurance and an automatic 20 grand or more for a second offense. Well the
only offense in CanaDUH was the chinks who smashed into all the whiteman's
cars making auto insurance mandatory in CanaDUH. Now the whiteman's
insurance is tenfold what it should be to pay for all the chinamen's
accidents. They call it no fault insurance or more to the point no fault
of the whiteman. Lets hope this could never happen in America. As usual
immigrants are 100 percent to blame for all of this.

"void.no....@gmail.com" wrote:

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

No, I just decided not to play your silly game is all. *Some* of us know
proper manners

beyond the realm of understandability

Tony

Oct 7, 2008, 1:16:27 PM10/7/08
Make that 50 thousand minimim for a second offense even if you drive a shitbox
like me.
I'm Chuckcar aka Chuck Carlson and i approve of this post!

phil scott

Oct 7, 2008, 8:42:55 PM10/7/08
On Oct 6, 8:17 pm, "void.no.spam....@gmail.com"

why deal with lying scum...find a more honorable company to deal
with..and do some research, make sure its not backed by AIG, as many
are.

Phil scott

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Oct 8, 2008, 3:44:35 PM10/8/08

What an idiot.

George

Oct 8, 2008, 5:02:55 PM10/8/08

For sure, why pick on such honest and reputable people? I just don't get
it either...

"For some people at AIG, the insurance giant rescued last month with an
$85 billion federal bailout, the good times keep rolling."

"Former chief executive Martin J. Sullivan, whose three-year tenure
coincided with much of the company's ill-fated risk-taking, is receiving
a $5 million performance bonus."

"And just last week, about 70 of the company's top performers were
rewarded with a week-long stay at the luxury St. Regis Resort in Monarch
Beach, Calif., where they ran up a tab of $440,000."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/07/AR2008100702604.html

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Oct 8, 2008, 5:39:43 PM10/8/08
On Oct 8, 4:02 pm, George <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/07/AR200...- Hide quoted text -

Ummmmm, it was TEN of their top INDEPENDENT agents who were at this
retreat. A retreat that was planned long before the shit hit the fan.

The Henchman

Oct 9, 2008, 6:16:49 AM10/9/08

"Tony" <To...@TheDeli.Sandwich> wrote in message

> Make that 50 thousand minimim for a second offense even if you drive a
> shitbox
> like me.
> I'm Chuckcar aka Chuck Carlson and i approve of this post!
> Regards Tony... Making usenet better for everyone everyday

I don't know what you are talking about but in Ontario you need PPD/PL auto
insurance and the mimumum is $500,000 although this day in age I would
recommend unlimited liability. The law is you need public liability and
public property damage that way you are responsible to pay for your accident
instead of the government.

You are NOT required to have collision or comprehensive or theft or act of
god insurance on your automobile in Ontario.

phil scott

Oct 9, 2008, 11:09:37 AM10/9/08
> >http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/07/AR200...Hide quoted text -

> Ummmmm, it was TEN of their top INDEPENDENT agents who were at this
> retreat.  A retreat that was planned long before the shit hit the fan.- Hide quoted text -

compensation at these ludicrous and historically unprecidented levels
amounts to fraud against the public... these compensation packages are
voted by their boards of directors, inbred members between
corporations voting each other this ludicrous compensation and
perks... the entire mess is bogus...such excess paid for by working
families who often have to decide between food, rent, medical care or
car insurance... 40% of which sacrifice health care to pay for these
rip offs...

and yes, compensation is fine...its necessary...and so are perks....
it is ***excess** that is the issue, gross, inexcusable excess, wed
with fraud to world class destructive proportions in the rest of these
firewalled companies... but the **same** management at the top... the
lying CEO's who are nailed regularly.... their white collar crime has
decimated the world economy, that translates to millons starving to
death in the third world and many in the US, aged and children not
getting enough to eat.... why? so AIG and other non productive
paper pushers can get 20 million dollar a year 'compensation'
packages.

look up the word 'compensation'.... that does not mean rewarding
failure, lies and pay for collapsing ones own company. Justifying
such criminal abuse is not impressive.

My view presented here is shared by many in the US congress on both
sides of the aisle and the FBI which has been arresting many of these
folks lately, and in the past sent many to prison.

Phil scott (entrepreneur/ consulting engineer)

timeOday

Oct 9, 2008, 6:14:24 PM10/9/08
John A. Weeks III wrote:
> In article
> <fbce85d2-bcab-4e2a...@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
> "void.no....@gmail.com" <void.no....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My auto insurance policy is with AIG, and it is about to expire. The
>> rate is pretty good, so I want to renew the policy, but I wonder if I
>> should look for another company, given their problems? Will AIG
>> disappear, or does their bailout mean they definitely won't disappear?
>
> What problems? AIG auto insurance company has not had any problems,
> and they are as solid as rock. The company that has problems was
> another company, also called AIG, but is in the business of
> insuring investment deals and bonds. Each of the various AIG
> companies are separate corporations held by a holding company.
> One going bust doesn't hurt any of its siblings, and even the
> one that had problems didn't go bust since the government helped
> it out a bit with a loan.
>
> -john-

Are they really TOTALLY isolated? If so, in what sense are they part of
the corporation? What function is served by the highest AIG executives,
above the individual companies?

JonL

Oct 10, 2008, 12:33:07 AM10/10/08

If you'd already planned a birthday party, and the person died a week or
so b4 the planned day, would you still go ahead with the party...??

Message has been deleted