Tea Tree Oil...

1 view

Joe

Oct 6, 2007, 10:15:02 AM10/6/07
Is it always expensive or are there ways to buy it in bulk (pint or maybe
even less) at lower prices.

A few ounces was $12 here in NJ... But the smell is amazing... Would love
to deodorize all my stuff by adding a little bit to the wash water when I
clean my car mats, motorcycle helmet, etc.

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"
http://yunx.com/valk.htm

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
http://tinyurl.com/5apkg

Tockk

Oct 6, 2007, 11:11:18 PM10/6/07

"Joe" <really-fake...@yunx.com> wrote in message

> Is it always expensive or are there ways to buy it in bulk (pint or maybe
> even less) at lower prices.
>
> A few ounces was $12 here in NJ... But the smell is amazing... Would
> love to deodorize all my stuff by adding a little bit to the wash water
> when I clean my car mats, motorcycle helmet, etc.

Try a Google search for "essential oils" and you should get a list of
companies that sell tea tree oil in larger, more economical quantities.
I've bought some stuff from snowdriftfarm.com and essential-creations.com.
Lots more out there so you can really shop around.

Goomba38

Oct 7, 2007, 12:10:33 AM10/7/07
Joe wrote:
> Is it always expensive or are there ways to buy it in bulk (pint or maybe
> even less) at lower prices.
>
> A few ounces was $12 here in NJ... But the smell is amazing... Would love
> to deodorize all my stuff by adding a little bit to the wash water when I
> clean my car mats, motorcycle helmet, etc.

Gag. That stuff smells nasty to me. Like Lysol.It doesn't deoderize
anything as much as overwhelm whatever odor you're trying to cover up.

Wooly

Oct 7, 2007, 12:21:07 AM10/7/07
Goomba38 wrote:

> Gag. That stuff smells nasty to me. Like Lysol.It doesn't deoderize
> anything as much as overwhelm whatever odor you're trying to cover up.

Actually it will deoderize things, if the stink is caused by microbial
growth - nasty gym socks, for example, benefit from a little TT oil.
Better yet, mix it with a neutral carrier oil and massage it into your
feet, burn the nasty gym socks and buy some new sneakers.

I mix tea tree with extra-virgin olive oil to use as a scalp massage
oil. It reduces itchies and flakes and it's good for the hair, too.

But really, it is pretty funky-smelling stuff. I hide the aroma with
lavender EO or bergamot whenever I can.

And yes, OP, you can buy tea tree oil in bulk. Do some Googling.