Refurb PC

vjp...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com

Sep 14, 2007, 11:12:39 PM9/14/07

Used to get refurb PCs from off-leasecomputers.com which then became
techagain.com. They don't seemt o be around. I used to be ablet o get
a desktop for fifty bucks and laptop (truedataproducts.com) for under
a hundred. Has anyone had recnet experiences with other vendors?

- = -
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

Sep 16, 2007, 12:25:26 PM9/16/07
vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> Used to get refurb PCs from off-leasecomputers.com which then became
> techagain.com. They don't seemt o be around. I used to be ablet o get
> a desktop for fifty bucks and laptop (truedataproducts.com) for under
> a hundred. Has anyone had recnet experiences with other vendors?

I can get a new PC minus monitor for right around $400 at a local
independent computer place that stands behind their stuff and does great
work. I think when the price difference between a used computer and a
new computer got that close, the incentive to buy used sort of
disappeared. But that's only my own opinion.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.

Anthony Matonak

Sep 16, 2007, 3:27:55 PM9/16/07
Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
> vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
>> Used to get refurb PCs from off-leasecomputers.com which then became
>> techagain.com. They don't seemt o be around. I used to be ablet o get
>> a desktop for fifty bucks and laptop (truedataproducts.com) for under
>> a hundred. Has anyone had recnet experiences with other vendors?
>
> I can get a new PC minus monitor for right around $400 at a local
> independent computer place that stands behind their stuff and does great
> work. I think when the price difference between a used computer and a
> new computer got that close, the incentive to buy used sort of
> disappeared. But that's only my own opinion.

According to www.pricewatch.com there are lots of PC's available for
less than $200 without operating systems. Linux is free if you download
it and can be found for less than $10 retail and for $5 at outfits
like www.osdisc.com

I agree that with price differences so narrow between new and used
there isn't much incentive to go used.

Anthony