Idaho man sodomized by police Taser

MichaelP

Jul 26, 2009, 11:50:07 PM7/26/09
http://www.prisonplanet.com/idaho-man-sodomized-by-police-taser-plans-to-sue.html

Daniel Tencer
Raw Story
Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Boise, Idaho, police officer who pushed a Taser inside a man's buttocks
and threatened to"Taser his balls" violated use-of-force policy, but
didn't break the law, an ombudsman has found.

The man in question, whose identity is being withheld, plans to sue the
Boise police.

On February 14 of this year, the "complainant," as he is called in police
reports, physically blocked the door to his residence when police arrived
to investigate a domestic disturbance. Believing the police officers, who
he claims did not identify themselves, to be a person coming to "beat him
up," he refused to allow them entry.

When officers forced their way in,"three officers rushed in and within
nine seconds, had the man face down on the floor and had deployed the
Taser against the small of his back. Only after the first [tasing] did
they order his hands behind his back," reports the Boise Weekly.

In a report, Boise Community Ombudsman Pierce Murphysaid "the officer who
used the Taser " described as Officer #3 in the report "also coarsely
threatened to use the Taser in the man's anus and genitals." Murphy's
report says that use of Taser on a man's buttock's does not violate policy
in and of itself," reports the Idaho Statesman.

The Statesman printed a transcript of an audio recording of the
altercation:

Officer #3: Do you feel this?
Complainant: Yes, sir.
Officer #3: Do you feel that? That's my -
Complainant: Okay
Officer #3: -Taser up your ass.
Complainant: Okay
Officer #3: So don't move.
Complainant: I'm trying not to. I can't breathe.
Officer #3: Now do you feel this in your balls?
Complainant: I do, sir. I'm not going to move. I'm not gonna move.
Officer #3 Now I'm gonna tase your balls if you move again.

A minute later, this exchange occurred:

Officer #3: Okay, I'm gonna take this Taser out of your asshole
now. Are
you going to fight with me?
Complainant: No, not at all, sir.

The audio file can be found here
(MP3).man.com/newsupdates/story/841919.html

The Statesman is now reporting that the complainant"plans to sue the Boise
Police Department for excessive use of force."

The Boise Weekly quotes Boise Police Chief Mike Masterson as saying the
allegation against the officer is"one of the most serious charges that an
officer can face It is an offense that is very likely to lead to
termination."

But the complainant's lawyer, Ron Coulter, said that the officer in
question
is still walking his beat.

"I don't think he should be back on the street, but then I'm not the chief
of police," Coulter told the Boise Weekly."When you do things like he did
I'm not sure that person's even fit to wear a uniform."

Mark Graffis

Jul 27, 2009, 1:51:31 PM7/27/09