Compiling MiniSAT 2 on Mac OS 10.5

Adam Coleman

Jun 23, 2009, 11:48:57 AM6/23/09
to MiniSat
Hey,

I know there's a topic already on this subject, but for some reason I
can't seem to reply to it... o.O

Anyway, tried making MiniSAT 2 on my machine (running Mac OS 10.5.7)
and I got the following response from my terminal:

$ make rs
Making dependencies ...
Compiling: Main.or ( Main.C )
Compiling: Solver.or ( Solver.C )
Linking: minisat_static ( Main.or Solver.or )
ld_classic: can't locate file for: -lcrt0.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [minisat_static] Error 1

Not entirely sure what's going wrong there, is it something to do with
my machine or something else?

Niklas

Jun 23, 2009, 3:59:21 PM6/23/09
to MiniSat
I'm not very familiar with Mac OS, but I think that static linking
simply does not work with the default compiler. Producing a
dynamically linked binary with "make r" should still work. Why Mac OS
is set up this way is truly mysterious to me.

/Niklas