Wooden Minisail

andyma...@yahoo.com

Dec 28, 2011, 9:22:05 AM12/28/11
to Minisail
Hi
I have a very nice wooden minisail
Its has lived in a garage for many years and not been used much
Its one with a cockpit, similar to some GRP ones I have seen
Alloy spars and good sail
Rudder and board are all there, ready to sail
Boat in Whitby N Yorks
£70 ono

01947 810357
Cheers
Andy

RUPERT WHELAN

Dec 28, 2011, 2:50:35 PM12/28/11
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

Sounds like an excellent offer. I have a wooden Minisail, and can highly recommend them.

Dec 29, 2011, 11:04:11 AM12/29/11
to mini...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Andy.
A complete Minisail *plus* trailer (assuming it's working) is an amazing price! Shame I don't have room for another one...

Can you email/post a picture of the Minisail burgee? I didn't know one ever existed.  I'd like to see the design.
Regards, David

Sent from my Xoom

RUPERT WHELAN

Dec 29, 2011, 12:26:04 PM12/29/11
to mini...@googlegroups.com
I have a Minisail burgee, too... The old sail even had a slot for it!

David Argles

Dec 29, 2011, 5:00:04 PM12/29/11
to mini...@googlegroups.com

Now I'm really keen to see what it looks like!  Could we get one back in production, do you reckon?
Regards, David

Sent from my Xoom

Andy Martland

Dec 30, 2011, 12:53:18 PM12/30/11
to mini...@googlegroups.com, daar...@gmail.com
See attached for a picture of the burgee and one of the minisail
Cheers
Andy

Dec 30, 2011, 4:33:59 PM12/30/11
to Minisail
How I wish this little stylish gem would fall into the hands of one of
the regulars here.
It could be at the Minisail Nationals at Bough Beech this August
together with Rupert's and mine.
With the white hull she looks like my Sprint's twin sister.

"Could we get one back in production, do you reckon?" I am planning to
launch my new woody early next June.

Greetings,
Ronny

Andy Martland

Jan 3, 2012, 2:33:42 PM1/3/12
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Guys
Looks like I have sold the Minisail
Still have the MS Burgee if someone wants to make me an offer for it
Cheers
Andy

Jan 18, 2012, 3:15:09 PM1/18/12
to Minisail

Asked Andy by e-mail if the person he sold the Minisail to knows about
the Minisail Class Association.
He told me he would drop the buyer an e-mail telling him about the
Association. He had not met the buyer since the boat was collected by
a driver.
Let's hope it turnes up sound and sailing.

Greetings
Ronny

Alan Roberson

Jan 20, 2012, 3:06:01 PM1/20/12
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ronny not sure where you got my contact but i am on my 3rd and best minisail. dad and i buillt 1 in 1966 which taught me to sail.
many years later i bought another which was replaced by a fireball. sold that then spotted a minisprint on ebay 20 miles away £200 later 2 years still love it.
built in sliding seat is brill. have beefed up mast and added short rigging to gooseneck area so happy to push to the limit which is silly enough to keep me laughing all day. Minisails are magic. if you are a fan and ever near padstow give a shout.
regards alan

> Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:15:09 -0800
> Subject: [MiniSail: 566] Re: Wooden Minisail
> From: ro...@struistulpjes.be
> To: mini...@googlegroups.com

ed.br...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2012, 4:09:34 PM1/24/12
to mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan,

As Rupert says I have a couple of Sprints down in the Tamar Valley.....but I specifically bought mine for sailing up on the North Cornwall Coast, especially on Camel Estuary and even off Harlyn Bay. I normally sail up at Roadford (in IC or Jollyboat and occasionally the Firefly) but spend a fair bit of time up on Trevose Head camping and really miss sailing....hence the minisprint.

Last year there was a sprint sailing off Harlyn....was that you by any chance?

So it would be great to get together and talk and sail minisails for a bit.

I am really curious what you have done to beef up the mast and what you mean exactly by adding 'short rigging' to gooseneck. So please do tell me more.

Also very curious where you boat from in Padstow.....down with the sea cadets - just upstream of town? Is there ever any where you can store a boat for short term around there? It can be a right bore having to go over to Rock to get sailing and have always wondered if there was anywhere you could boat from on the Padstow side?

looking forward to hearing more.

cheers

eib

alanroberson

Feb 14, 2012, 3:47:41 PM2/14/12
to Minisail
Hi eib
sorry late reply havent got the hang of this grops thing yet.
Probably was me off harlyn had a great sail from padstow and dont know
of another down here.
i've had a laser mast fold and the deck on one collapse so was
concerned on end of sliding seat in stronger winds. minisprint much
too precious to break. nice section of carbon w/surf mast came my way
so pushed up lower mast to about 5 foot into upper section. the pop
rivets holding the joining sleeve had nearly all broken so replaced
those all and put on watch list.
drilled two holes thru deck hull edge just behind mast and use 8mm
terylene to lash to mast at gooseneck level onto pop riveted d rings.
other areas found wanting were s/steel rudder fitting spot welds let
go and embarassing tow home resulted suggest all get mig welded before
happens to you.
still struggling with best mainsheet arrangement. sliding seat does
complicate things.
padstow sailing club is adjacent to sea cadets and has some space
normally on racks. easy launch at high tide and car access just drive
past the access only signs.
i live near trevose head so give a shout when next down 07889334783
regards alan