Missive #2

Byron.C...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2005, 4:13:56 PM8/12/05
to The Mindset Army
So yeah, today while I was at the store picking up my High Life (it's
going on 3 here) I got a chance to check out that VIBE that's supposed
to have Weed Carriers in it.

First of all, I wouldn't expect much traffic to come from weed carriers
being mentioned, since they don't bother to mention the actual blog.

In fact, the author of the piece seemed to make it a point to try to
divorce the term from its origins. The actual quote was something along
the lines of, "On the Internets, bloggers discuss [insert the name of
some shitty regional genre of hip-hop that no one's really interested
in] and also 'weed carriers' - guys who get paid to carry around other
guys' weed."

Then they go on to list what I guess they considered the 6 most
important hip-hop blogs, by name and URL. I don't think I need to tell
you that my shit was nowhere to be found.

Here is the list of blogs that were mentioned:

Chantelle Fiddy (who?)
Cocaine Blunts (a good blog, when it's updated)
Government Names (teh ghey)
Hip-Hop Music ("Join us tonight on the radio...")
Houston So Real ("Mike Jooones, Mike Jooones")
Lynne D Johnson (as if...)

Then I flipped to the front of the book and damnit if I didn't see a
big ass picture of none other than the hip-hop George Takei, O-Dub. The
article itself was written by this douche named kris ex, whom, you'll
recall, declared earlier this year his intentions to take over hip-hop
blogging, then failed miserably, then had a huge, public breakdown over
it.

Gang activity could be in order.

PS: Keep this shit in mind the next time you see any of these fake
journalists/ hip-hop bloggers trying to front as if they pose some sort
of counterpoint to misrepresentation of hip-hop in the mainstream
media.

PSS: It's been rumored that kris ex has AIDS.

Tripl...@aol.com

Aug 12, 2005, 5:42:59 PM8/12/05
to minds...@googlegroups.com
maybe someone should trademark the term.

it worked well for pat reiley and paris hilton.

"important hip-hop blogs, by name and URL. I don't think I need to tell
you that my shit was nowhere to be found."

don't confine yourself to those petty labels. your aim should be the 6th or so more important blog period.  and fuck a vibe magazine anyway.

Robbie

Aug 12, 2005, 6:57:56 PM8/12/05
to The Mindset Army
Thanks for checking this out Bol (no Pudgee The Phat Bastard). I guess
that Hashim was too busy writing posts about XXL Magazine to bother
getting his facts straight.

Here are the other four most important blogs they forget to mention:

Pro Hip Hop - Sure to be on The Source's next "Power 30" list.
Low End Theory - The t-shirts were right: Italians really do "Do It
Better".
Blog Shares - Gordon Gecko would be proud.
PrettyFlaco.com - DeAndre Palmer creates and innovates on a higher
level.

"this douche named kris ex, whom, you'll recall, declared earlier this
year his intentions to take over hip-hop blogging, then failed
miserably, then had a huge, public breakdown over it"

Yeah, those self-indulgent poems he posted had all the comp shook.

Byron.C...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2005, 7:23:37 PM8/12/05
to The Mindset Army
>don't confine yourself to those petty labels. your aim should be the 6th or
so more important blog period. and fuck a vibe magazine anyway.

Yeah, but we can fucking kill these guys easy. And we should.

chis...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2005, 10:13:28 PM8/12/05
to The Mindset Army
No doubt, I've thought Kris Ex was wack ever since he used to write
album reviews in Rolling Stone. Does Toure have a blog? That dude
sucks as well. So does O. Wang. You know, come to think of it, is
there any "hip-hop" (or whatever)critic that gets paid to write in
magazines and maintains a blog that doesn't suck? I guess that when I
can understand it, that sfj cat is okay but for the most part most of
these cats that get paid to write about music and blog on the side are
boring as shit. Anyway, besides just mocking, spamming comment
sections and otherwise being E-assholes to these douche's, how can we
really crush them?
I'm down to start posting critiques on these fools since I don't really
give a shit if anyone reads my blog (and then criticizes it)or not.
And plus, I haven't heard of anyone being taken to court for slander or
libel on a blog. I'm game (uh, no teh ghey?).

fresh.cr...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2005, 10:44:22 AM8/13/05
to The Mindset Army

Straight Bangin'

Aug 13, 2005, 12:10:59 PM8/13/05
to minds...@googlegroups.com

Byron.C...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2005, 3:18:47 PM8/13/05
to The Mindset Army
Internets gang activity will definitely take place, but I think we
should also try to get a letter published in the next issue - probably
something along the lines of Joey's post. We'll need to hop to it,
because I'm not sure how long they'll be accepting letters for this
current issue.

Tony Smalls

Aug 14, 2005, 11:34:10 PM8/14/05
to minds...@googlegroups.com
kris ex just authored fiddy's book. It's a great read
and it'll do well, but he is definitely a strange
bird.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs