Haiku -.A

Allan

Oct 9, 2021, 2:12:39 AM10/9/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
Early morning
Medical prep weekend
(Shiver)

~~~~
Allan
God is not a myth

Molly Brogan

Oct 10, 2021, 8:54:26 AM10/10/21
to "Minds Eye"
I feel for you, Allan, in all of your medical necessities. My younger brother is headed for a cymbal crash of what can be done, balancing heart, kidney function, lung function, blood pressure. Growing up I was the middle child (oldest girl) of seven children in an Irish family. My brother just older (Irish twins) and brother just younger and I shared friends and grew up taking care of each other. My older brother passed away a decade ago and the grieving for me was tremendous albeit loving. My younger brother and his family struggle to face the inevitable and the medical interventions occur almost daily. I've asked him to call me so that I can be with him (to hold a place of peace with him) although he is 400 miles away and we can never know how it will happen. In theory, that place of peace is held everywhere and always, but holding the hand of a loved one and being present at the end can mean so much.

Ram Das has a series of you tube lectures on living and dying and they are all good. He straddles the psychological and transcendental so well. A Buddhist monk, Pema Chodron has a video course on the Shambala site on the Tibetan Book of the Living and Dead called "Sacred Journey" that is fascinating. I've read the book many times over the years, the first in college. Pema Chodron has a very peaceful presence and introduces the very detailed information in a very simple and inspiring way.

Holding that place of peace through the chaos of life is a real challenge. Not getting caught up in the psychological drama but moving beyond to the expansive stillness seems to be key but it ain't easy. We are hard wired, and technology frees us and holds us back at the same time.

Allan

Oct 10, 2021, 11:04:25 AM10/10/21
to mind...@googlegroups.com
Wow you went through a lot growing up.
My life has has was always been a walking disaster or so it seems, in my twenties I did intelligence work.. not that I am intelligent, what I learned is you can not be super good guy and super bad guy at the same time. Does one heck of a number in your head , a few years of sailing and AA (on 5 Dec 1979 date of last drink).
What I found out is I was ga-ga over my power greater than I am. In 1976 I started a search to find out just what I actually believed and what catholism  is all about.. (I found the answer on San Francisco beach when told God as far as was I was concerned he could go to hell and stay there.. Then God showed up tell me he created that joint in the first place and he wanted to know just how I planned to put him there?
That actually happened and is why I know God is 'real'. The church is aware of what happened.. my life was changed  . . . I went GaGa and fell in love with him. It also seems like with some spiritual people I feel like a magnet when I get around priest or monks that have reached the upper level of the 2nd level of spirituality (I really don't know how to put it.. it seems something different is always happening around me.. I know answers to questions I never knew existed.. I have learned to just let things flow and stuff just happens of which I have no control.
I spend time trying to understand why so many people are obsessed  with money and sports.. (why people do things is often beyond me..)
Tomorrow around  10 am I have a colonoscopy scheduled.. (government program and everyone is required to have health insurance.. . Mine cost just under €400.⁰⁰ a month .. costs depends on your income and what you want..)
The ladies have breast checks every 3 to 5 years   ..  Pooh tests start at 55..
Best to catch it early than to treat. The late stages.  My arytmia was found as the result of my original "Pooh" test.. and treatment began immediately .. I found a pharmacy sitting in a drawer. Use to have to set up my pills every week. 😐😷 Now the pharmacy delivers a roll of pills enough to last me 2 weeks (4 packets per day saying when  need to be taken. Medical insurance pays for the meds no extra charge)
I love it here..
My fascination with death is the result of a failed. Stent operation that damaged the upper ventricles  and my 3 chamber pacemaker help keeps the beating in sequence.
My life span has been shortened..  now my soul gets to experience serious medical problems of the type that will and can kill my body (the soul continues down te path that is is on when you die (In my case I will be returning to my home once again .. ))
Oh I do have the Tibetan book of the dead, Deerslayer, last of the mohicans, the Father Brown mysteries, The Charlie Chan mysteries..  and at your recommendation the wind in the willows... Fascinating story.
Enough lip-flapping...
You and your family have fun and stay as heath as possible....
I have heard of it.. but don't understand how that can happen.. both Luud and I have had covid and we are both immune.. we had shots  retrospect but they only proved our natural immunity.
Your friend
Allan

~~~~
Allan