THF Blogging gets stronger!

1 view

Narayanan Kannan

Mar 1, 2007, 1:20:34 AM3/1/07
to Tamil in Digital Media
Dear Friends!

Since 29th August 2001, when Tamil Heritage Foundation emerged in Cyberspace as an entity we work constantly to promote Tamil culture through technology. Blogging is going to stay and bloggers become ever more powerful as cyber-citizens! Tamil Heritage Foundation has made some efforts to reach this cyber population through new, attractive, interactive BLOGs. Thus we introduce four new blogs to savour:

Heritage News at http://www.tamilheritage.org/blogcms/
Heritage Tunes at http://www.tamilheritage.org/blogcms/voth.php
Image Heritage at http://www.tamilheritage.org/blogcms/fotoblog.php
Waiting Room (video show) at http://www.tamilheritage.org/blogcms/video.php

Why new Blogs?

Blogs are more interactive than conventional web pages. Blogs interact better than eMail forums! Interactivity is the key for information exchange in an effective way.

Secondly, using an innovative BLOG:CMS technology, Tamil Heritage Foundation will archive and store all the digital heritage content in its own server (not in Google/Yahoo/Blogger etc.,)

Searching becomes extremely easy in Blogs. What is the use of a Tamil content if it is not searchable? Hence, our new releases will be recorded through these blogs for searchability.

Heritage News
will be our new age Bulletin Board. Watch this Blog for information about THF in the future. This will serve the Tamil along with our traditional email forums.

Heritage Tunes!
will be our door to South Indian Music. Modern web tools have made it possible that whatever you listen to yourselves, you can share it with others as well. Watch this Blog to see how it works. It is so easy that you will have load of links to send us by next mail. No joking!!

We want to use the leisure times of retired Tamil teachers to speak-up in Heritage Tunes. If you are not a teacher but a scholar or an artist or a music lover or what ever! You send us your voice! We plan to collaborate with VoiceSnap.com in starting a voice mail group for this purpose. It is easy to share your opinion/commentaries/reviews in your own voice. Want to know how? Visit our blog today.

Image Heritage
Everyone loves memory. Photography is the easiest way to share our memories. In fact photos eternalize our memories. Why don't you share your photos with us? You may send the photos to us or if you have seen some interesting photos in a webpage, send us the link or if you have archived your photos in your own server or in some other archives, share that link with us. Students and teachers abroad teaching Tamil needs these pictures for their class room!

Heritage Videos
When we populated the cyber space, it was extremely difficult to share our video clips with each other. The file size was the bottle neck. It is no more the case. Initiatives such as YouTube and GoogleVideos and others encourage us to deposit our home made videos in their archives. Thus sharing a video is as easy as sending an eMail. If that is so, why don't we archive those interesting video clips that deal with Tamil language, culture and heritage in our Blog. In the long run, "Waiting Room" will be a repository of Tamil video clips which can be used by academics as well as general public.

We hope that you like these initiatives and help us to build our resources. Your interaction is the corner stone of our effort. Tamils are extremely talented and linguistic. They need to develop a sense of cyber culture that nourishes itself through sharing and exchange. For the first time in human history that Information and Knowledge become so free. The next step in human evolution depends on this knowledge base. Let your contribution be a part of that foundation.

Welcome to THF Blogs!!

Tamil Heritage Team

suba k.

Mar 1, 2007, 5:31:02 AM3/1/07
to minT...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

two more beautiful pieces of information are now added
to Heritage Tunes blog.
1. A documentary on Veenai Balachander
2. A Master piece from Bombay Jeyashree - Pozhuthu
migavachuthe.

Enjoy watching.

anbudan
Suba